• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Pogba would come back even if we made a suitable bid.

Pogba and United are done. We messed up massively. Broke the laws to get him here in the first place and then just totally wasted the opportunity. It'll be a constant regret.

Anyhow - that Danny Taylor piece reads like he's sat down with Moyes out in Miami. It's all retrospective apart from us being interested in Strootman which isn't a major surprise. And I thought it was ligaments not a broken leg?

Salvadora

What price would you pay for conceivably the best young CM in the world who could be at your club for a decade?

£30 million?
I wouldn't pay £60m, that's for sure.

At the end of the day, it's what Juventus want to sell at that matters. They will demand that sort of price, of course, but that doesn't mean that any sane clubs should pay it.

It does always seem to come back to this "could be at your club for a decade." That's a bit unrealistic in Pogba's case, considering the history.

Stubo

Is there youtoobs?

And this Pogba stuff is madness. We won't get him. If we do, we've spent 60m on someone we let go for free.
Woody would never spend £60m on a player, his bosses would end him.

...we're buying him for £70m aren't we?

defel

I wish that the Gerrard and Rooney sub was a sign that Woy wasn't happy with their contribution. Unfortunately its a sign their both guaranteed a start.

GQman2121

Banned

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Safe image: http://i.imgur.com/V1rloMQ.jpg

Marc

heh, look so much better already.

Fair play to Roy, didn't think he would have the balls to bring on Barkley.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wellbeck maybe the most frustrating misuse of talent ive seen*

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
there are people in this thread who genuinely believe that welbeck is a good footballer.

He has all the attributes, hes just a fucking idiot who does the wrong thing pretty much every time.

Wilbur

Banned
Welbeck is a fuckin hero (not watching the game)

Every match I will him to score because you cunts all lay into him for an entire hour. Like Van Gogh he will be appreciated in another lifetime.

Marc

Finally, some invention!!

Shame Welbeck is a plank, but its something.

Henderson shouldn't pick up Gerrard's habit of hitting a ball at 70mph for a 10 yard pass, looks good but not many can control it.

Haven't kept up. Uruguay and Italy? If it's not Uruguay burying them while close to home then Andrea Jesus will.

Italy haven't won their last 7 games including a 1 -1 draw against Luxembourg. That's why I asked. Friendlies aren't the biggest indicators of how a team will perform, there have been lots of poor performances from a wide variety of the bigger teams.

Wilbur

Banned
there are people in this thread who genuinely believe that welbeck is a good footballer.

there are people in this thread whose favourite band is coldplay

there are people in this thread who think blind crusty orphans could do a solid job in defensive midfield

there are people in this thread who support liverpool

this thread has always been doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom