• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

What's up with Suarez? Will he be fit? Him being fit is the only way I see Uruguay beating England. Would be a real shame if he's just sauntering around the pitch like Ozil or something.

Marc

Can't believe people fell for that stunt by paddy power? Some truly thick people with no sense of humour in the world.

Reading their twitter has me in stitches.

It's top, each book is like a slightly different genre.
Never read Sandman. I've only ever read TWD, some Batman and some Dredd. So I'm not the guy to ask about comics.

I've read Sandman but not Fables. Although the wolf among us game is based on Fables isn't it?

If you haven't, you should check out the Miracleman comics, from back in the day by Alan Moore (Neil Gaiman did a bit too). Preacher worth checking out too, wish they would adapt that into a TV series like Game of Thrones. Would blow minds...
literally.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That did make me check out Hobbit man's twitter. Is he just a friend of the earth person now since he retired from acting?

so deep

Twitter always rubbed me as one of those things people will regret in years to come

Yen

Can't believe people fell for that stunt by paddy power? Some truly thick people with no sense of humour in the world.

Reading their twitter has me in stitches.

I've read Sandman but not Fables. Although the wolf among us game is based on Fables isn't it?

If you haven't, you should check out the Miracleman comics, from back in the day by Alan Moore (Neil Gaiman did a bit too). Preacher worth checking out too, wish they would adapt that into a TV series like Game of Thrones. Would blow minds...
literally.
Seth Rogen is adapting Preacher for AMC. I'll probably check out the comics, if only for the fact Garth Ennis is norn Irish.

Scum

Yeah I'd do the same. Would almost be tempted to replace Gerrard with Lallana and play a really energetic central three, but then you'd lose lots of what makes Stevie's game good I guess.

Sterling and Ox behind Studge m8. That's the dream. Which Wayne will stomp all over.

When Gerrard's legs are going, you bring Ox on for him and then swap Ox for Lallana. Well, should be fun to see what Hodge has in mind for Italy's midfield...

Elchele

showing support for Bayern's basketball team:

10363632_10152485622371310_1372355784479436117_n.jpg

they even picked up a new Bayern Basketball fan:

1907351_781361891894470_6089419176531487254_n.jpg

:lol I didn't expect that

How can a team made up of England's best players be incapable of attacking and defending competently in the same match, under 3 consecutive managers?

-----------------------------------Hart

Flanagan-------------Cahill--------Jagielka-----------------Baines

-----------------------------Gerrard-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------Wilshere---------------------------

--------------------------------Henderson---------------------------------

------------Lallana------------------------------------Sterling------------

-----------------------------------Sturridge----------------------------------

Flanagan moves inside a bit when Baines goes forward, Gerrard holds position. That's the available lineup that gives Italy something to think about, and potentially lessens Pirlo's impact. No chance in hell that we'll see it though.

Ideally we'd have someone better than Wilshere there, but Barkley is perhaps not disciplined enough to stay in the middle of the 3 when needed.

Elchele

I really can't give a fuck about the WC now. This Honduras national team is just awful, at least for WC2010 we had good players and a good coach.

Thinking about it, a Mass Effect game based on the First Contact War would be pretty cool, being introduced to all of these races without the characters knowing whether they're friendly or not.

Not as a ME4, but as an Arkham-Origins style thing, sure.

Arnie

Fucking phenomenal.

Paddy Power have numerous agencies and it's remarkable that they get this much freedom to rile people up as part of a campaign. Ultimately if it does raise awareness for deforestation then it's worth it; and from a personal point of view I just love seeing people lose their shit via social media.

Parked in front of Sky Sports news with my Pep book and a cup of tea. Show me a Hodgson interview pls.

K1LLER7

Benfica centre-back Lisandro López: "Benfica bought me because Garay was going to Manchester United."

He was ready to move to United last season.

Tc91

AS reporting Atletico are going for Vidal and are on the verge of loaning Lukaku. Would be interesting to see him in La Liga.

Fucking phenomenal.

Paddy Power have numerous agencies and it's remarkable that they get this much freedom to rile people up as part of a campaign. Ultimately if it does raise awareness for deforestation then it's worth it; and from a personal point of view I just love seeing people lose their shit via social media.

Parked in front of Sky Sports news with my Pep book and a cup of tea. Show me a Hodgson interview pls.

Did you catch the ITV coverage in the break yesterday? If you didn't and it's on YT, watch it

not sure if this has already been posted...

Beats By Dr Dre World Cup commercial featuring Neymar, Gotze, Luis Suarez, Fabregas, Schweinsteiger and others....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_i3Lcjli84

99748_CHICHARITO_36x48-570x760.jpg

fuck this, it was just a bunch of arsenal traitors in that video. RVP, Fabregas, Sagna and Henry.

Plus having to watch Neymar try and act like he is too cool for school is too painful. Why do we have to have him forced down our throats?

Arnie

AS reporting Atletico are going for Vidal and are on the verge of loaning Lukaku. Would be interesting to see him in La Liga.
One more loan for Lukaku and his value is fucked, don't know why Chelsea would allow that.
Did you catch the ITV coverage in the break yesterday? If you didn't and it's on YT, watch it
I was at the pub so I couldn't really hear anything. Defo want to catch up on it, sounded hilarious.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I'd be surprised if we sell them AIDS after the Tiago fiasco.

They can't afford him anyway.

One more loan for Lukaku and his value is fucked, don't know why Chelsea would allow that.

I was at the pub so I couldn't really hear anything. Defo want to catch up on it, sounded hilarious.

Oh it was

-Roy's legs
-I'm not the stadium manager
-We have these things called thunderstorms
-Umm...err...erm
-Lampard-Gerrard
-Gerrard-Milner
-Why don't we just go to that other stadium right now?

Seth Rogen is adapting Preacher for AMC. I'll probably check out the comics, if only for the fact Garth Ennis is norn Irish.
This was some of the worst news on the planet when it was announced. Not only is Seth Rogen gonna destroy my favorite comic but AMC are going to edit the shit out of it.

Wilbur

Banned
This was some of the worst news on the planet when it was announced. Not only is Seth Rogen gonna destroy my favorite comic but AMC are going to edit the shit out of it.

Rogen's a huge huge fan apparently, and AMC have said that they'll curb the language a bit but everything else is intact. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead hardly skip on a lot of adult shit.

Rogen's a huge huge fan apparently, and AMC have said that they'll curb the language a bit but everything else is intact. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead hardly skip on a lot of adult shit.
I've heard the "big fan" thing so many times when it comes to people at butcher source material that it doesn't mean anything to me. There's much more than language that's going to be a problem with a cable broadcast.

Arnie

Oh it was

-Roy's legs
-I'm not the stadium manager
-We have these things called thunderstorms
-Umm...err...erm
-Lampard-Gerrard
-Gerrard-Milner
-Why don't we just go to that other stadium right now?

The people I were with were fucking desperate to catch a glimpse of Woy's sandals.

But alas it never came.

Blablurn

going through your old stuff makes you sentimental.

and then you realize that sentimentality is useless since you will die anyway and you should do the most of your life

10 min later i'm back on my computer, browsing gaf

Yen

I stopped watching TWD cos it was rubbish, but I saw some clip (Wil Wheaton sitcom thing) lately and it looks like they've even managed to up the gore since then.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes has got THREE HOURS to post the World Cup OT or I'm going to find a kitten and shave it.

What you do is your business. I'm not posting it until it is completely ready. Which I assume wont be until after the Canadian Grand Prix is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom