• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds of Worldstar putting those numbers into an online betslip: 1/1

Odds of him actually placing the bet: 250/1

UCef6ug.png

I'm going to be rich.

your lack of posts/questions about Bloodborne is disturbing

Darklurker changed you

Bro, I was asking about whether there'd be loot just yesterday, but you spurned me. I'll pay more attention when it gets closer.

There's something about the shooting in The Order that looks a bit amateurish. Rubbish crosshair, not enough recoil, enemies going down too easily, aiming acceleration (if that's the term) far too quick, not enough autoaim to commpensate.

Then again, I think the shooting mechanics in UC2 were fantastic, and those in Infamous2 are the best I've ever experienced so who knows :p

Getting to the point where I'm not sure Alastair Cook even deserves to be in the Test team. Seems like he's been rubbish for ages

edit: If anyone in the UK is after a new phone contract, let me know. Just got an email with some offers that aren't open to the public, only prior customers of the place I got it from :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have a question for you about it. Is it going to be the greatest game ever or the second greatest game ever?
It sure sounds like the greatest game ever so far!

Bro, I was asking about whether there'd be loot just yesterday, but you spurned me. I'll pay more attention when it gets closer.
Whaa! Sorry it wasn't on purpose of course

Apparently there IS loot and character customistation, but it's not as varied as DS, and you can't dual wield weapons I think? The left hand will be for guns/crowd control.

And no shields in case you missed it!

It sure sounds like the greatest game ever so far!

Whaa! Sorry it wasn't on purpose of course

Apparently there IS loot and character customistation, but it's not as varied as DS, and you can't dual wield weapons I think? The left hand will be for guns/crowd control.

And no shields in case you missed it!

Well that's me fucked :D

I ended up beating Darklurker btw, Ancient Dragon is my new Moby Dick :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt did you kill anyone the other day when you drunk drove.

Cos I heard on the news that something happenend and and and and
Luckily no

not that id remember though INNIT

guys PLS. I know my internal limit. And I'm basically an F1 driver, I ain't dying on wheels! (I won't rule out dying UNDER wheels tho)

Carbonox

I'm glad that Bloodborne will be more aggression-based. That suits me perfectly. Fuckers will get revengeance'd. Ima be blaring Rules of Nature whilst doing so.

Carbonox

I just checked my email and I'm downloading the Hardline beta now! I hope to get into the Destiny Alpha later today too!!

According to a dev on some Destiny stream (going off of what others said in the Destiny Alpha thread) everyone who applied for the Alpha will get in. Registration's closed too so they must have reached their limit of allocations.

If this is true then that's darn tootin' great.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well that's me fucked :D

I ended up beating Darklurker btw, Ancient Dragon is my new Moby Dick :p
One of the worst fights in video games history. Ending his digital existence did give me a chubby however.

Cunt
I'm glad that Bloodborne will be more aggression-based. That suits me perfectly. Fuckers will get revengeance'd. Ima be blaring Rules of Nature whilst doing so.
EXACTLY! I hate turtling behind a shield, I'm aggressive as fuck in PVP.

GQman2121

Banned
According to a dev on some Destiny stream (going off of what others said in the Destiny Alpha thread) everyone who applied for the Alpha will get in. Registration's closed too so they must have reached their limit of allocations.

That's good to hear. I just sent you a PSN friend request too. :)

I applied from my normal account and my US account just in case :lol

GorillaJu

If the player wants to make it easy that's his problem. It doesn't affect the game for everyone else.

Keep in mind I have no idea what this game is so I could be really wrong.

I don't mind games that make it easy for you, or let you make it easy for yourself, but keep that shit out of my Souls. Honestly I like a good game that holds my hand and let's me mash buttons or just be a badass without pumping in hours of trial and error failed attempts.

But almost every other large-scale game has difficulty settings, mechanics that can save your ass in a blink, light death penalties, and forgiving combat. People that like Souls games like them because they don't make these concessions, and the extra challenge makes them more rewarding.

Let us masochists keep our challenging game.

The Order looks like it's gonna be awesome, and I'm sure it'll have a pause button.

pulga

Banned
The screens are 1080p and Nintendo normally release direct feed screens. It just seems really unlikely to me that the Wii U could pull it off. Even at 30fps. Would be amazing if true though. And the downsampling you'd get from pushing a 1080p to the gamepad would give you borderline insane iq.

no entiendo espanol

serious question (honestly)

is Link still looking for his master sword and triforce pieces? Are they still sticking to the elemental dungeons formula? It was really fun back in the 90s but it almost ruined WW for me. Like, that volcano is clearly the temple of fire, isn't it?

I think that's prob why MM is my favourite Zelda, it was so out there and different!

how the fuck am i supposed to know man theyve shown 10 seconds of footage pls

but ill try

master sword? some times, most of the times. the fuck other sword do you want? its the GOAT
triforce pieces? rarely
elemental dungeons? you'll have the basic water/fire/forest and then nintendo will go batshit loco in later dungeons. skyward had pretty nifty, new ones while superficially similar in theme, very different in mechanics (ie the desert dungeon)

I don't mind games that make it easy for you, or let you make it easy for yourself, but keep that shit out of my Souls. Honestly I like a good game that holds my hand and let's me mash buttons or just be a badass without pumping in hours of trial and error failed attempts.

But almost every other large-scale game has difficulty settings, mechanics that can save your ass in a blink, light death penalties, and forgiving combat. People that like Souls games like them because they don't make these concessions, and the extra challenge makes them more rewarding.

Let us masochists keep our challenging game.

The Order looks like it's gonna be awesome, and I'm sure it'll have a pause button.

Is this a multiplayer game or a single player game? If it's a single player I don't see how a pause affects what you just said. Players like yourself can always not push pause and play the game the way it was designed to be played.

If it's a multiplayer game, then obviously a pause would be absurd.

I always hate it when developers lend a hand to players who want things easy in multiplayer. For single player I have no problem with it as it won't affect the player base that likes difficulty and skill.

why are people worried that wellback will not play? he's a piece of bread. use the liverpool offense + rooney schmooney

Don't think anyone's really worried per se, though he is one of few options, and is more defensively sound than the other options on the wing except for Milner. And fuck Milner, would prefer Welbeck all day every day

GorillaJu

Is this a multiplayer game or a single player game? If it's single player I don't see how a pause affects what you just said. Players like yourself can always not push pause and play the game the way it was designed to be played.

If it's a multiplayer game, then obviously a pause would be absurd.

It's a single player game with multiplayer interspersed throughout in different areas (there are "safe" zones where other players cannot invade your game and kill you, for example). Essentially the game is always active as things are coming in and out of the world around you through the online component. If they said "okay you now can pause the game in safe zones since you can't be invaded, it wouldn't be blocking the multiplayer" it wouldn't change anything at all because there's no reason to pause the game in safe zones - you aren't in danger anyway.

Carbonox

Started a career with Liverpool on FIFA cos I'm a sad cunt. Suarez requests a transfer. I'm given the option to not sell him if I want so I don't. Next game he gets injured for 7 months.

FIFA Y

So I restarted.

That long ESPN article about Suarez touched my heart and while I do still believe him to be a terrible asshole, at least now I know he is a terrible asshole with a romantic back story. Like a Final Fantasy character.

It's a single player game with multiplayer interspersed throughout in different areas (there are "safe" zones where other players cannot invade your game and kill you, for example). Essentially the game is always active as things are coming in and out of the world around you through the online component. If they said "okay you now can pause the game in safe zones since you can't be invaded, it wouldn't be blocking the multiplayer" it wouldn't change anything at all because there's no reason to pause the game in safe zones - you aren't in danger anyway.

I see.

Anything that provides a handicap towards players in multiplayer should burn in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom