• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I disappointed that United didn't get him, I can't imagine how Arsenal fans must feel like.

Must suck, really losing such a fan favorite who is available again.

This is looking quite good about now

screenshot2014-06-12aunu8g.png

Predicting the league is over in June is always a really smart idea

Especially with Liverpool suddenly having money to buy some quality that can deliver here and now, and is not just promising for the future... and City that will no doubt spend anyway and got a great squad still. It's fucking ridiculous to call the league now based on Fabregas and (maybe) Costa who hasn't proved consistently over several seasons that he's of top european team quality.

Going to trade him for Ramires.

omgkitty

The logical answer is that we already have 2 players in that position and the money is tied up elsewhere.

So we basically only have two logical Arsenal fans here? I mean come on people, do the math! Think about how many players we need and the quality we want, and think of the costs. Fabregas wasn't on the cards.

GK - 5 to 10m
RB - 8 to 15m
CDM - 20 to 30m
ST - 30 to 50m

Bonus -
LW - 15 to 30m
CB - 10 to 15m

Even at bare minimum, we're probably looking at spending around 60m this summer, and that's if we get everyone we need. If the right player comes along, we could easily spend more.

If we get a new striker and a defensive mid the decision not to splash out on yet another creative midfielder will be vindicated.

Key word: 'if'.

If we don't...oh boy...

So we basically only have two logical Arsenal fans here? I mean come on people, do the math! Think about how many players we need and the quality we want, and think of the costs. Fabregas wasn't on the cards.

Let's get real here Fabregas was more productive for us as much, if not more, than Ramsey and the Ghost

Arselol. :(

Btw, is that Cesc quote from ~2010 real?

“If I ever wear a Chelsea shirt, you have the permission to kill me."

No but this is

XAYWEWU.jpg

It's one of those quotes without any source before he was suddenly rumored to Chelsea on twitter.... and then everyone started re-tweeting it and it became real. He has however several times said stuff about how he could only see himself play for Barca or Arsenal

Herr K

Banned
No but this is

XAYWEWU.jpg

It's one of those quotes without any source before he was suddenly rumored to Chelsea on twitter.... and then everyone started re-tweeting it and it became real. He has however several times said stuff about how he could only see himself play for Barca or Arsenal

That's actually a Zidane quote
no

Why are people talking about Man Utd and Fabregas?

-Better team in Chelsea
-Better manager in Mourinho
-London
-Equal wages
-Would start every game at either club

Like every other top class player, he'd have only moved to Man Utd if they offered ludicrous wages, more gametime, or were the only big club in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom