• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny is leaving GB? I assume he's gonna still do some work like Patrick or leaving for good?

I haven't watched a lot of giant bomb stuff for a long time, just occasional quick look that shows up on my youtube feed. I guess I won't watch anything now, though.

Oh and New York is a beautiful place.

GQman2121

Banned
Vinny is leaving GB? I assume he's gonna still do some work like Patrick or leaving for good?

I haven't watched a lot of giant bomb stuff for a long time, just occasional quick look that shows up on my youtube feed. I guess I won't watch anything now, though.

Oh and New York is a beautiful place.

Relocating to NYC because it's cheaper than the Bay Area and to hookup with Alex. GB East funded by CBS. They should turn out some decent stuff on their own. Scoops and Wolf is pretty good, although I think Alex is a better writer than an on air personality.

The day after Jeff and Ryan left GS. Alex is so heated....

xLCyDKd.jpg

Lightning

Banned
"New Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino told by Daniel Levy to qualify for the Champions League "

So that means he'll be sacked by Boxing day.
Are Tottenham serious? They'll run out of managers. They are not good enough for the CL. It's not the manager, it's the club.

Thought you were big into Giantbomb stuff, Roman.

I was really into their stuff for a long time; subscription, bookmarked their best videos, trying to watch every good video they had, weekly podcast, the whole nine yards. Ever since Ryan's passing it hasn't been the same though, I listened to a few podcast episodes and a few videos since but not like before.

Relocating to NYC because it's cheaper than the Bay Area and to hookup with Alex. GB East funded by CBS. They should turn out some decent stuff on their own. Scoops and Wolf is pretty good, although I think Alex is a better writer than an on air personality.

The day after Jeff and Ryan left GS. Alex is so heated....

Alex is odd.

EmiPrime

Are Tottenham serious? They'll run out of managers. They are not good enough for the CL. It's not the manager, it's the club.

Ssshhhh, keep it a secret! They haven't figured it out yet.

Until they give a manager 5+ years to build something they will never progress from being a thursday night club. A lot of Spurs fans seem to think Levy is the problem but I don't know enough to comment.

Meier

€7M apparently. This has been 'done' for like 6 months anyway, everyone in Argentina knew about it from the start of the year.

Surprised Pizzi couldn't get him to Valencia tho, maybe it was too late already
Yeah, it's been expected. City had hoped to get him so we didn't have to pay €30-40m in a few years. :p

Tubie

I wonder who'll get Casemiro. He's seriously talented.

Morata has been frustratingly bad this season.

Morata just needs more confidence. Benzema improved a lot this season thanks to Zidane and Ancelotti placing their trust on him, while everyone wanted him replaced at the start of the season.

Pachimari

Morata just needs more confidence. Benzema improved a lot this season thanks to Zidane and Ancelotti placing their trust on him, while everyone wanted him replaced at the start of the season.
Yeah but he won't get that confidence at Madrid, as he is headed elsewhere if some club is interested.

His problem here is, that he tries too hard.

Struggling to make keyboard controls even a fraction as intuitive as those of the PS/360 controller. I can type reasonably quickly, but where pressing X on a controller is a reflex to me, there's a huge delay between me deciding to do omething on a keyboard, and actually pressing the button :(

Struggling to make keyboard controls even a fraction as intuitive as those of the PS/360 controller. I can type reasonably quickly, but where pressing X on a controller is a reflex to me, there's a huge delay between me deciding to do omething on a keyboard, and actually pressing the button :(

Just learn where QER, ZXCV, and the first few numbers are (in relation to WASD obviously). Everything left of that (tab, shift, etc) is easy. You probably won't need much else for most games, and you can always remap if you do.

3Sixty

Let's post gifs of the best and worst moments of last season for your team

Best:

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/vincent-kompany-and-philippe-coutinho-liverpool-manchester-city.gif?w=500&h=279[/IMG

Worst (obvsly):

[IMG]http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Ba.gif[/IMG

Rodgers&Sterling > Roger Sterling[/QUOTE]

Fuck gifs.

Best moment : Lovren/Lallana equaliser at Old Trafford.

Worst : JRod injury at City. E

GQman2121

Banned
I'm listening to the Bombcast while I make dinner and Brad is talking about how excited he is for e3 because the hotel they're staying at has a Chick-fil-a down the street. He then goes on about how he loves mayonnaise. :S

I'm laughing my ass off while I chop a salad.

Best: Ba scores the late winner Vs PSG to put us through to the semi's of the Champions League .

InsecureDeliriousBluegill.gif

Worst: Jozy steps on Azpili and draws a penalty. We're no longer in control of the league and Mourinho's undefeated home record is broken.

altidore.gif

Zabojnik

Roger muthafuckin' Sterling.

YES VIVA! I've always seen you as the Rhett Butler of FootyGAF. Suave, sophisticated, frequently gone with the wind.

NO HITCHER! You're a lost cause.

pulga

Banned
Let's post gifs of the best and worst moments of last season for your team

Best:

vincent-kompany-and-philippe-coutinho-liverpool-mnchester-city.gif

Worst (obvsly):

Ba.gif

Rodgers&Sterling > Roger Sterling

Best:

Ramos-1-1.gif

What has Carletto been feeding Ramos, really. Spanish press is talking about him being a serious Ballon d'Or contender.
Uus4Plt.png

Worst:

Godin-1-1.gif

My world collapsed for 58 minutes.

3Sixty

Saints players Dejan Lovren, Callum Chambers, Nathaniel Clyne, Morgan Schneiderlin and James Ward-Prowse could be on Mauricio Pochettino's radar

Lol fucking daily fail.

Lightning

Banned
Best moment - winning the FA cup

Worst moment - Walcott injury, Ramsey injury, Ozil injury and the entire Chelsea game at Stamford bridge.

jtb

Banned
we took one point from six against Moyes Utd. even with the Chelsea, Liverpool games, hard to get much worse than that

Turok_TTZ

What has Carletto been feeding Ramos, really. Spanish press is talking about him being a serious Ballon d'Or contender
It's not Carlo. Apparently Ramos form surged right around when he became a father.
Seems becoming a parent made a new man out of Ramos.

GQman2121

Banned
It's not Carlo. Apparently Ramos form surged right around when he became a father.
Seems becoming a parent made a new man out of Ramos.

We call that the JT effect. Though it apparently takes a season or two longer to kick in if you have her sign a contract and pay for the abortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom