• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
shots fired

Pele: "Individually, I think Zidane was better than Messi. Zidane was amazing and the team-mates he played with were not the same standard as Messi’s; he plays with Xavi and Iniesta at Barcelona."

Rivelino: "There’s no way you can compare Messi to Maradona. He fitted perfectly into a team where everything worked."

Messi needs a bit more personality on the pitch. I like it when he taunts the crowd, that's definitely a step in the right direction :p

, he doesn't sound like a LvG signing at all

what's an LvG signing anyway? He was pretty bad when it comes to buying (not promoting) players wasn't he?

Elchele

what's an LvG signing anyway? He was pretty bad when it comes to buying (not promoting) players wasn't he?

yeah, some nobody is more like him. But someone from South America and 29 years old? That's exactly the opposite of a LvG signing

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Benatia is killing me

I'm in tears reading his interview. Best bits:

Benatia: I deserved more respect

there was an agreement, before signing with Roma, they told me: ‘Bena, we know that you deserve better and you have refused a lot of money. Come, show that you are of Roma and if we win the League or get into the Champions League, we will give you a good contract’.

“But what I got was an unacceptable proposal. I’ve heard that I was asking for €4m a year, but I never even got €3m.”

The club instead said to me: ‘Here, takes these extra pennies’. Like a child, this and nothing more, there was no negotiation.

“Garcia? The Coach is an exceptional person. And from the first moment he has said: ‘We hope to keep almost everyone’. But what does ‘almost’ mean?
RG5EEfg.gif

I realised we aren't signing anyone.

Woodward has been working on the Shaw deal since February or something and he hasn't wrapped it up.

How is he going to get 4/5 signings done in 6 weeks.

Oh well.

shots fired

Messi needs a bit more personality on the pitch. I like it when he taunts the crowd, that's definitely a step in the right direction :p

So Pele thinks Figo and Del Piero are scrubs.

Yes.

But 30 million is fucking absurd. And you guys were laughing at Benatia's price.

24m pounds sounds better. That's his release clause and I could definitely see Atletico not letting him go otherwise.

It's probably just his agent using United for a new contract or something though.

confuziz

Banned
OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan 1m

101 - Memphis Depay completed the most dribbles (101) and had the most shots on target (64) of all players in this Eredivisie season. Fire.

L1NETT

Right late but;

Best

Couldn't find a worst .gif, but not winning for like 12 games. That sucked

Or Reid (guy who scored that goal), getting injured for 7 months. Still not sure he will ever recover.

Carbonox

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan 1m

101 - Memphis Depay completed the most dribbles (101) and had the most shots on target (64) of all players in this Eredivisie season. Fire.

And only scored 12 of those shots. Fired.

MEMPHIS%2BDEPAY.jpg

i jest, he looks good and his stats were decent last season

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bb when Marotta waves that option for an option for an option for an option for a co-ownership under Zubizarreta's nose he'll be so mesmerised he'll just give him to you on a free.
we had him at the first option

anything that would help them evade taxes I suppose
Best 11 at the World Cup based on player stats. Calculated by Opta.

Needs more Welbeck.

what a fucking monstrous XI haha

Beckenbauer pls, we should fight your aliens with THIS lineup!

Fuck Vidal off though, no need.

shush u peasant

28062010-280610MCA9509.jpg

pulga

Banned
Second best moment, since the CL was too obvious:

gareth-bale-goal.gif

I still cant believe he won us two cups in his first season. 110m very well spent.

Second worst moment:

The Messi gif previously posted, exacerbated considering I was present at that fucking match D:

confuziz

Banned
Saw them on Friday at the O2 in London. It was an excellent gig. An assault on the senses with an amazing light show and a good mix of new and old songs. 10x better then when I last saw them in 2005.

Sounds great. My last NIN concert was in 2009 in Amsterdam and that one was pretty good. Not the best setlist though..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Carlo dropped a hint about Vidal.

I'll drop a shit in his mouth if he knocks on our door after the WC
Good morning!

who's coming to the wc?

Good morning bb

we were gonna, but we wanna live for a few more years, ya know? -_- It looks fucking dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom