• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

we were gonna, but we wanna live for a few more years, ya know? -_- It looks fucking dangerous!

Watched a favela documentary couple of days ago. Some guy saying that the pacified favelas are about as dangerous as Knightsbridge, so chill the fuck out.

jesalr

Kyle Walker gets his birthday donut, not leaving Spurs.
BouLZOsCUAAI2-6.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Watched a favela documentary couple of days ago. Some guy saying that the pacified favelas are about as dangerous as Knightsbridge, so chill the fuck out.
u clearly haven't played Max Payne 3 then

fucking fat Americans running around shooting everyone

Kyle Walker gets his birthday donut, not leaving Spurs.
"..." means he's totally leaving.

Salazar

u clearly haven't played Max Payne 3 then

Paid $79 for it. Played half an hour, wrestling with seemingly opposed possibilities:

a) I am shit
b) the game is shit

I arrived at the conclusion that a and b are both true, and that they compound each other.

Carbonox

Watch Dogs arrived. 3 and a half hours until I can fire it up though. I don't think I've ever bene so excited yet un-excited for a game before.

Jarnet87

Even less convincing that United signed Miranda, is that it's been reported we paid the buyout clause. I can't remember a time United actually paid the buyout clause for a player, we'll stall a deal for weeks just to haggle over a few million pounds. He'll this club even pays more then a players buyout clause (Fellaini).

pulga

Banned
Carlo dropped a hint about Vidal.

No! Now that La Decima is unlocked, it is time for... LA TERZA!!!

Also in the news, Carlo wants to bring Verratter to Madrid. And Pogba. Shit, does Carlo want to dismantle Juve or something

Only a massive, massive pillock would have paid any real money for Vidic.

still, paying 30m for an almost 30 year old defender?

GorillaJu

Only a massive, massive pillock would have paid any real money for Vidic.

Has he been really that bad? So bad that you think a guy who has been playing in the PL for 8 years isn't worth renewing his contract, instead opting to pay an entire 2-year contract worth of wages just in the transfer fee for a 29 year old who has never played in the PL?

Hixx

Max Payne 3 was a great game. The people who complain always seemed to have played it as a cover shooter.

lol noobs l2p

GorillaJu

To be fair it's a little disingenuous for me to pretend that keeping Vidic was an option. He clearly didn't like the Moyes regime and left United with little choice but to find a replacement when he signed a contract at Inter so early in the year. Maybe they would have preferred to keep Vidic but his head was already gone.

K1LLER7

I would take Miranda. Been great for Atletico this season and would be vital alongside a young defence and De Gea.

Miranda, Shaw, Depay, and 2 CMs. Woody pls

pappe

Apparently Moyes completely froze out Vidic so he had no option but to leave and Imter came in at the right time with the right offer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No! Now that La Decima is unlocked, it is time for... LA TERZA!!!

Also in the news, Carlo wants to bring Verratter to Madrid. And Pogba. Shit, does Carlo want to dismantle Juve or something
We did sack him and called him a pig to be fair

Max Payne 3 was super boring.

Also Chelsea got linked to Kroos today in the paper. I'm surprised it's taken this long since United lost interest for Chelsea to be linked. It's from the Daily Mail though so it is total horse shit.

Max Payne 3 was super boring.

Also Chelsea got linked to Kroos today in the paper. I'm surprised it's taken this long since United lost interest for Chelsea to be linked. It's from the Daily Mail though so it is total horse shit.

We were linked in January. At some point we will need to sign some english players though...

Lightning

Banned
Moyes was weird at United. He seemed to throw everything that made him successful at Everton out the window upon joining United. At Everton he had the senior players support and played to them. At United he tried to fight everyone and cause conflict. You will always get one or two players against you when moving to a huge club with egos but Moyes managed to turn the entire dressing room against him after squad harmony was one of the reasons Everton were successful.

Just baffling why he tried to fight so many key players. Should have learned from AVB that just doesn't work out.

GorillaJu

How come?

From the little I've seen/heard of him he is a very different type of defender.

Not that I believe this - it's the Spanish press right so it's clearly bollocks.

Not saying that they're the same type of player. Just given the options of keeping Vidic or signing Miranda for the quoted price, keeping Vidic and using that money to strengthen elsewhere seems the clear choice to me.

But like I said above, keeping Vidic probably wasn't an option.

He'll be your Demichelis. Hopefully the shitty parts of him and not the good.

LegoArmo

It better be, United don't need an old centre back just for the sake of experience, they need a solid, strong, consistent centre back.

Hummels would obviously be perfect, like some kind of lab experiment cross between Rio and Vidic, but that's unlikely, but someone in that sort of mould.

Hixx

Jordan Mutch and Joleon Lescott linked with Sunderland today.

Mutch would be a Colback replacement. Lescott probably with an eye to replace Brown as it will be his last season I think.

Former Manchester United defender Gary Pallister tells the Daily Star he fears his old club could lose out to Tottenham in the race to sign Southampton star Luke Shaw after Mauricio Pochettino was appointed as Tim Sherwood's successor at White Hart Lane.

Really slow morning at work today, so I've been reading Marca's special on the World Cup.

I really like Brasil 1950's poster. Idk what it is but I really like it.

1950-brasil-HR.jpg

On a related note: Mascots have all been horrible. All of them.

Mascots.jpg

Ciao pls

Hixx

Really slow morning at work today, so I've been reading Marca's special on the World Cup.

I really like Brasil 1950's poster. Idk what it is but I really like it.

http://www.portal2014.org.br/images/historia/1950-brasil-HR.jpg[/IM]

On a related note: Mascots have all been horrible. All of them.

[IMG]http://www.enginecreative.co.uk/uploads/assets/content/image/Mascots.jpg

Ciao pls

World Cup Willie is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom