• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I usually drink Pellegrino but saw they had Mexican Coke and Sprite at the place I was at.

pr2311_sp_lem_str_dry_bot.jpg

limonata is hard to beat!

Salvadora

Don't know how reputable the source is cus' it's in Spanish, but Morata to Arsenal (with a two year buy-back clause) is going about.

Would be dead set against that for obvious reasons.

Turok_TTZ

Also in the news, Carlo wants to bring Verratter to Madrid. And Pogba. Shit, does Carlo want to dismantle Juve or something
You forget how Carlo was treated by Scrubentus? Dude was sacked in the most humiliating way. Also, Carlo is a Milanista. You really think he is happy to see Milan flounder whilst Scrubentus is being successful?

Real talk I think he has no grudges, just not that kind of person but you never know.

On the brightside: a year ago things were definitely worse, Allegri was just confirmed but everybody already knew that he was going to leave in a year. Pippo should sign his contract either today or tomorrow, after that we'll have an entire summer with some stability. And a lot of frustration thanks to the transfer window, but we're pretty much used to it.

I got his shirt:

Also I added the 7 Champions League Badge of Honour on the left arm + the Serie A patch on the right arm.

Good choice. I know some don't like that font but I think it's kind of cool. This is definitely the worst part of the year. I hope Pippo does well, but really would have liked to see Seedorf treated better. I wonder if there is some stuff that went on behind the scenes that will come out soon. And yeah, anything is better than Allegri.

it's not so bad on their older kits

when the three stripes are along the front/breast, it looks awful

Don't think I've seen the stripes along the chest before, or just don't recall. It's still pretty bad though I think. Maybe i'm just sick of them because they've had the stripes for so long.

Meier

Yup, its good but I prefer Jupina or an Irn Bru
You've actually tried Irn Bru? I don't think I've ever seen it over here. I had a little phase where I bought Inca Cola with some regularity but didn't keep at it. It's okay. I don't usually like the Latin sodas very much. Jarritos don't do it for me but they give them away near ACL every year so I'll drink like half a can on the walk there.

Hixx

@SAFCofficial 28s
The club are delighted to announce that head coach Gus Poyet has signed a new contract at the Stadium of Light. More to follow...

YEEEEEEEEES
cheekyguscus6p.png
cheekyguscus6p.png
cheekyguscus6p.png
cheekyguscus6p.png
cheekyguscus6p.png

Slizz

pr2311_sp_lem_str_dry_bot.jpg

limonata is hard to beat!

It's real good, but thats basically a soda too

Blood Orange is my favorite.

Oh yes, they also have a grapefruit one. They are alllllll delicious.

You've actually tried Irn Bru? I don't think I've ever seen it over here. I had a little phase where I bought Inca Cola with some regularity but didn't keep at it. It's okay. I don't usually like the Latin sodas very much. Jarritos don't do it for me but they give them away near ACL every year so I'll drink like half a can on the walk there.

Yeah, I actually have. There is this one convenience store close to me that has seriously every drink and weird candy available. Some stuff they have I have never seen anywhere else.

this was spain's euro '96 kit

Oh boy that's bad too. I don't see how just having the Adidas logo on the chest could hurt, like every other company does. Oddly enough I think the stripes look alright on the shorts, so if they need stripes, leave them there. This needs to be brought up at the next board meeting.

Marc

Qatar still has the world cup?

Even Sepp "make me an offer" Blatter admitted it was a stupid idea, thought things might have changed.

Irn Bru is the nectar of the gods, however I have heard American friends/family say they thought it tasted medicinal. Which is weird as I have tasted your root beer and would say the same about that. So you may not like it.

wedward

Yep.

It'd be such a simple purchase for Real to make even if he doesn't develop into the next Torres.

Yeah, Wenger isn't going to be ok with that. I'd rather we just develop Sanogo than Morata.

One will be the new Henry.

The other will be the new Torres.

Facism

5-a-side GAF, i need a little help.

I've got proper wide feet and every astro boot i try isn't wide enough to accomodate me comfortably. I'll end up with boots that are really fucking tight and eventually slacken to the point when my feet kinda have travel over the out-edge of the soles.

Any recommendations?

WJD

I've got proper wide feet and every astro boot i try isn't wide enough to accomodate me comfortably. I'll end up with boots that are really fucking tight and eventually slacken to the point when my feet kinda have travel over the out-edge of the soles.

Any recommendations?

I've got this problem too. Went a size up and got insoles to correct my flat feet which has helped a lot.

Hixx

Any recommendations?

sambas

I hate the new font they chose.
I really like it, I think it's a good compromise between an elegant and a modern style, if that makes any sense. It's also probably going to be our font for a few years, I don't think they invented the "Milan Type" just for Casa Milan and to use it for one season on three shirts.
Good choice. I know some don't like that font but I think it's kind of cool. This is definitely the worst part of the year. I hope Pippo does well, but really would have liked to see Seedorf treated better. I wonder if there is some stuff that went on behind the scenes that will come out soon. And yeah, anything is better than Allegri.
I'd be surprised if anything else comes out about Seedorf, with everything we read in the past two months I don't think there are any secrets left.

But I agree, Seedorf deserved something better. I've hated him so much during his last 3-4 years with us, but I can't really say anything about his 4 months as coach with us, all things considered. 35 points isn't that bad in this kind of situation, he did the best he could with this team.
Sure, he could've handled the Atletico and the Atalanta matches better, but that's pretty normal for a beginner I guess.
Don't think I've seen the stripes along the chest before, or just don't recall. It's still pretty bad though I think. Maybe i'm just sick of them because they've had the stripes for so long.
We actually had the three stripes on the chest. Sort of.
Definitely not like that Spain kit though.

GQman2121

Banned

It's always odd when you see a Muslim family out together on a super hot summers day and the mother is covered from head to toe in all black, yet dad is rockin the tank top, shorts and sandals and the kids just look like average kids in their clothes. I always feel bad for mom, although I know she wants to wear it.

3Sixty

West Ham have signed Mauro Zarate on a free transfer, with a 3 year contract.

Don't know much about him other than from his spell at Birmingham, where he scored a couple of good goals against City iirc, but hopefully he's capable of doing a job for us - I just hope he isn't another of Sullivan's signings that Sam has little say in and will refuse to play.

He loves Nazi salute....

So nothing you haven't experienced before.

He'll go down well with the West Ham faithful then.

I was at a match when we played West Ham & before the game started there was a 2 minute silence for remembrance (1 minute for general & 1 minute for the Coventry Blitz). Some of the 'ammers fans made noise throughout the silence.

Rikkun

You forget how Carlo was treated by Scrubentus? Dude was sacked in the most humiliating way. Also, Carlo is a Milanista. You really think he is happy to see Milan flounder whilst Scrubentus is being successful?

Real talk I think he has no grudges, just not that kind of person but you never know.

He is a pig, it's not our fault, please understand.

jk I actually really like him

Yen

Shaqiri casts doubt over Bayern future
Xherdan Shaqiri has told 20min.ch of his discontent with his situation at Bayern Munich and has not ruled out leaving the club after the World Cup.

Shaqiri joined Bayern from FC Basel in the summer of 2012, when he signed a four-year contract with the German side. During his first year at Bayern, the winger made a total of 38 appearances in which he scored eight goals and set up a further 13.

In the most recent season, the 22-year-old has, in part due to several minor injuries, been limited to 23 games. He scored seven goals and set up a further three.

"I felt more trust under [Jupp] Heynckes, maybe because [Pep] Guardiola does not talk to the players that much," Shaqiri, who is currently preparing for the World Cup with Switzerland, told 20min.ch.

"The past season, I wasn't that lucky with several minor muscle injuries, and wasn't that close. But I am delighted that I was able to perform, when I played. I was able to develop further. I am a better player now. I am only disappointed that I played less."

This disappointment could lead to Shaqiri leaving the club. "We will see," he replied when asked about a potential transfer away from the Bundesliga champions.

"It's clear, I don't want to continue like that. If there is only little change, I will need to make a change. I am young and I need to develop further. I also want to start in the big games and not only in Bundesliga, when everything is decided already. I don't want to experience a year like that ever again."

Asked about possible new clubs, the winger said that "Champions League is important" for him. "We will see what happens, but principally I want to see out my contract."

The midfielder had been linked with Bundesliga side Borussia Moenchengladbach in the past, but there have also been rumours about a switch to the Premier League.

Asked about reports linking him to Liverpool, and whether England could be an option, he said: "Sure. When I make the switch, it will be abroad and most likely

I really like it, I think it's a good compromise between an elegant and a modern style, if that makes any sense. It's also probably going to be our font for a few years, I don't think they invented the "Milan Type" just for Casa Milan and to use it for one season on three shirts.

I'd be surprised if anything else comes out about Seedorf, with everything we read in the past two months I don't think there are any secrets left.

But I agree, Seedorf deserved something better. I've hated him so much during his last 3-4 years with us, but I can't really say anything about his 4 months as coach with us, all things considered. 35 points isn't that bad in this kind of situation, he did the best he could with this team.
Sure, he could've handled the Atletico and the Atalanta matches better, but that's pretty normal for a beginner I guess.

We actually had the three stripes on the chest. Sort of.

Definitely not like that Spain kit though.

Yeah he didn't do anything to deserve being sacked. With the money Milan owes him, he'll make out good though haha.

On those jerseys, I don't see what you mean. Just looks like the Milan stripes in the front to me.

Yeah he didn't do anything to deserve being sacked. With the money Milan owes him, he'll make out good though haha.

On those jerseys, I don't see what you mean. Just looks like the Milan stripes in the front to me.

Look at the black stripes on the chest: there are three of them in each shirt. I'm stretching this, but I always saw those three black stripes as another signature from Adidas.

Carbonox

Watch Dogs is weird as hell. Enjoying it a lot but so many things wrong with it at the same time. When you're driving really fast the graphics shit the bed and I feel like I'm playing GTAIV again.

Zarate to West Spam confirmed, at some point he looked like a more physical Aguero, all that potential fizzled due to discipline issues.

Atletico confirm Correa signing, good signing.

Salvadora

Guardiola just comes across as really snidey.

The type of fella who'd talk shit behind your back and then act like your best buddy. Then shy away when confronted about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-torres-felt-like-king-3618472

Interesting Torres interview.

I can understand the reasons why he left, but if he was struggling for form and confidence, he probably couldn't have picked a worse club to go to.

Not that thats a slight on Chelsea, but the demands there were always going to be high and immediate.

One of his quotes isn't even right. When we sold Alonso, we bought Aquilani and Johnson

I feel about as sorry for Torres as I possibly could considering he's a multimillionnaire who left us to join Chelsea, and has won so many titles. Would have him back on reasonable wages tbh if Borini left. Reckon there's still a lot of ability in there, even though it's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone

Not giving FSG and Kenny even 4 months leaves a sour taste though.

Huh, interesting - the whole 'attacking coach' thing seemed like a bit of a PR move on the Daves part, but if Sherringham can get us scoring more goals then I'm all for it. I'll never forget that time when Teddy was playing for us where he tried to "run off" an injury that later turned out to be a broken leg, heh.

He'll go down well with the West Ham faithful then.

Yeah, because there's nothing we love more than a good old fashioned fascist?

Iirc, he claimed he had no idea who Hitler or Mussolini were and that he thought it was just the salute of Lazio fans :lol

I was at a match when we played West Ham & before the game started there was a 2 minute silence for remembrance (1 minute for general & 1 minute for the Coventry Blitz). Some of the 'ammers fans made noise throughout the silence.

I'd be amazed if your club's fanbase wasn't just as inundated with morons, or anyone's club for that matter.

Marc

So I heard episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us was out, go to download it only it is not there... turns out the EU is getting it a week later for no apparent reason. Fuck this, never buying one of their games again. It was hard enough avoiding spoilers for a day, let alone a week.

He already cashed the check, so no takesies backsies.

Blatter was never really for the Qatar bid. Platini was the cunt who was fully behind it.

Ugh, I didn't think Platini had any power when it came to the World Cups? Two twats running things, what could go wrong.

Seeing the brazilians rioting, trying to hit the team bus, putting up street art in protest of the world cup is bad enough and am very worried for fans going out there. Qatar is another matter entirely, persecution and the like is completely against the idea of football bringing everyone together.

Been wondering why he never got into coaching or management, always came across as a thinker of the game. Best of luck to him, we need some English managers to come through with an attacking philosophy. There is no English Rodgers or Gary Speed coming through currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom