• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in the news, Carlo wants to bring Verratter to Madrid. And Pogba. Shit, does Carlo want to dismantle Juve or something

You greedy bastards. Aren't you guys getting Rakitic?

Some Japanese supporters
Botpq5KIEAAWRzV.jpg

Heh, that's certainly a turn of events.

I doubt he was that much involved with the running of Man United anyway but could change their overall strategy.

Some of the Glazer's have been open to, and wanting a sale for a while now.

This won't really change anything on the day-to-day. Maybe some of the others will feel less inclined to hold on to their stock. We'll see.

Salvadora

You'd think they would want to hold on to United considering its value is only going to go up and the debt has been massively reduced.

Meier

Bucs Owner Malcolm Glazer Passes Away

Malcolm Glazer, owner of the Buccaneers since 1995, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 85…A pioneering thinker, Glazer rebuilt the Buccaneers into a model franchise and a Super Bowl winner

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are saddened to announce the passing of Owner/President Malcolm Glazer earlier this morning at the age of 85.

A dynamic business leader, Glazer helped mold the Buccaneers into a model franchise and one respected league-wide. Since being purchased by Glazer in 1995, the Buccaneers franchise has earned seven playoff berths, five playoff wins, and captured its first Super Bowl championship in 2002.

Known among his league peers as a pioneering thinker, Glazer infused his team and employees with the determination and dedication to be the best in the NFL. Glazer’s commitment to building a championship organization has provided the foundation for continued success, on and off the field.

Glazer’s input was instrumental on the league level as well, as evidenced by his time serving on the NFL’s Finance Committee. He also played a major role in Tampa becoming a host for the Super Bowl on several occasions.

In 1999, Glazer launched the Glazer Family Foundation, which is dedicated to assisting charitable and educational causes in the Tampa Bay community, highlighted by the opening of the Glazer Children’s Museum in 2010. In its 15 years of existence, the Foundation has donated millions in programs, tickets, grants and in-kind contributions.

In 2005, Glazer purchased Manchester United. Since then, the club captured five Premier League titles (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2013), as well as the 2008 Champions League title.

Born in Rochester, New York as one of seven children, Glazer took over the family watch-parts business at age 15 following the death of his father and then continued his foray into the professional world, investing in other businesses. Glazer owned or was a substantial shareholder of a diverse portfolio of international holdings and public companies, including: First Allied, Zapata Corporation, Houlihan’s Restaurant Chain, Harley Davidson, Formica, Tonka, Specialty Equipment and Omega Protein.

A resident of Palm Beach, Florida, Glazer leaves behind his wife, Linda, six children and 14 grandchildren.

Mr. Glazer’s long established estate succession plan has assured the Buccaneers will remain with the Glazer family for generations to come. Linda Glazer, along with their five sons and daughter, will continue to own and operate the team as they have throughout the family’s ownership.

A private family funeral service will be held for Mr.Glazer. The opportunity for others to remember and celebrate Mr. Glazer’s life will be announced at a future date.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in his memory to All Children’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, and Shriners Hospitals for Children – Tampa.

You're not getting off that easy, United fans.

You'd think they would want to hold on to United considering its value is only going to go up and the debt has been massively reduced.

Most of them aren't interested/bothered in the running of the club.

There's an awful lot of money in the pot and people want their hands on it.

For now - the two most important and only real functioning operators at the club, Joel and Avi are content to hold on. Believe a deal was made amongst them that they would have sold off a further 10% of the club by now - was obviously broken, not sure quite why.

Marc

Hmm, Battlefield Hardline actually looks interesting. Heist mode seems like it might actually be fun and not been much of a multiplayer gamer.

The gift that keeps on giving. Just think, he is so young, so many years of entertainment left. We have still got to look forward to the time he becomes an alcoholic, getting shipped back to brazil and shagging a transexual.

Some of the Glazer's have been open to, and wanting a sale for a while now.

This won't really change anything on the day-to-day. Maybe some of the others will feel less inclined to hold on to their stock. We'll see.

They seem like daddy's boys, always wanting his approval so I imagine they have gone along with his wishes so far. If they're offered a get rich quick megadeal I could see them taking it now (well not immediately obviously).

Hope so for United's sake, way too much money taken out of the club. Then again sometimes its better the devil you know.

I'd be amazed if your club's fanbase wasn't just as inundated with morons, or anyone's club for that matter.

I can only comment on my own experiences. You think I have singled out West Ham; I have. I have no such anecdote of appalling fan behavior from other clubs. If I did I would share them.

On a sidenote, I hopre there won't be posts on here celebrating Glazer's death. It's in poor taste, he wasn't a murderer or rapist.

I've been a Bucs fans since like 96 and I was so pissed at how he ran the Bucs in after the Super Bowl when I got in to Soccer my hatred of the Glazers lead me to pick up and coming Chelsea.

Jarnet87

I've been a Bucs fans since like 96 and I was so pissed at how he ran the Bucs in after the Super Bowl when I got in to Soccer my hatred of the Glazers lead me to pick up and coming Chelsea.

You mean let a Super Bowl winning coach and GM overstay their welcome? Yeah I guess he should of fired Gruden and Allen's ass a season or two earlier. The Glazers are as hands off as you can get. They put people they think can do a job in a position to do it and let them be. You can maybe criticize them for being slow to react sometimes but at least they aren't crazy hands on owners.

Salvadora

Most of them aren't interested/bothered in the running of the club.

There's an awful lot of money in the pot and people want their hands on it.

For now - the two most important and only real functioning operators at the club, Joel and Avi are content to hold on. Believe a deal was made amongst them that they would have sold off a further 10% of the club by now - was obviously broken, not sure quite why.
Aye.

Can't imagine there's a real passion there to own United and undoubtedly there would be an unprecedentedly huge sale if they were to sell up.

Difficult to see it happening in the near future though.

pulga

Banned
As I suggested, the pink shirt is our Champions League away shirt (aka 3rd jersey):

BTNGIp7.jpg

TK9aUCB.jpg

eyDK1cz.jpg

I love all 3.

Can't wait to get 1 or 2 with Ramos/Bale on the back, this little thing:

10407291_658926294163307_1703648154102095709_n.jpg

and hopefully a CWC badge down the line! Are those patches sold separately, previous CLWinnersGAF?

Meier

Think I saw something earlier today that there was a danger of this match being fixed and that the authorities had been alerted. This fella must not have heard the cat was out of the bag.

q19B9.gif

L1NETT

I can only comment on my own experiences. You think I have singled out West Ham; I have. I have no such anecdote of appalling fan behavior from other clubs. If I did I would share them.

On a sidenote, I hopre there won't be posts on here celebrating Glazer's death. It's in poor taste, he wasn't a murderer or rapist.

Rotherham fans

Crawley fans

Errrr can't think of any others i've seen. Swindon had a couple of gnarly buggers, and i'm sure some of the Stevenage fans were, if not fully infected, partially zombifiied. Not sure what part of Middle Earth they crawled out from.

dc89

and hopefully a CWC badge down the line! Are those patches sold separately, previous CLWinnersGAF?

Ask me this time next year.

I'm a little disappointed they've not done something a bit different for your 10 patch

GQman2121

Banned

https://scontent-b-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10407291_658926294163307_1703648154102095709_n.jpg[IMG]

and hopefully a CWC badge down the line! Are those patches sold separately, previous CLWinnersGAF?[/QUOTE]

You can definitely find something you'd like on Ebay.

[quote="Colonel Nasty, post: 113800636"]I've been a Bucs fans since like 96 and I was so pissed at how he ran the Bucs in after the Super Bowl when I got in to Soccer my hatred of the Glazers lead me to pick up and coming Chelsea.[/QUOTE]

Warren Sapp is my favorite NFL player, so I supported the Bucs for a year until the Ravens relocated to Baltimore. Sapp is still my favorite player ever and I wish the best for the Bucs in the NFC.

Milan sells already on the shirts. You either buy them already on the shirt or nothing. Or you can also find them on eBay and put them on by yourself.

Rotherham fans

Crawley fans

Errrr can't think of any others i've seen. Swindon had a couple of gnarly buggers, and i'm sure some of the Stevenage fans were, if not fully infected, partially zombifiied. Not sure what part of Middle Earth they crawled out from.

What is your opinion on Leeds fans?

pulga

Banned
Ask me this time next year.

I'm a little disappointed they've not done something a bit different for your 10 patch

I'm not sure that's the official one, considering someone slapped it on this season's kit! I think it should be a gold patch instead of silver though!

@TheLucifer, I meant the CWC badge!

L1NETT

What is your opinion on Leeds fans?

The ones i know aren't that bad (pains me to say)

The swamp monsters who crawl to Bellend Road however... eesh. Cheering for their god Ross Mcormack like Pagans from the 6th Century

But we haven't played each other in the league for years now, so ain't got any stories of how terrible they are

Im in bed and this genuinely gave me a boner

Thanks l1nett ♡♡

I do what I can

I'm not sure that's the official one, considering someone slapped it on this season's kit! I think it should be a gold patch instead of silver though!

@TheLucifer, I meant the CWC badge!

I think Milan sold with the rest of the badges, you could choose which one you wanted to put on: in any case, you couldn't buy them separately from the club store. I'm sure Real will do the same thing.

Otherwise it'll be on eBay, there are already a bunch of them, although they're from the past few years.

pulga

Banned
The badge on the right is always on the shirt, championship or CL, it doesn't matter. The other one is put on the right sleeve and replaces the CL logo used by the rest of the teams.

That's not true, the badge with the #10 on it is only used on kits for CL matches!

Pachimari

The badge on the right is always on the shirt, championship or CL, it doesn't matter. The other one is put on the right sleeve and replaces the CL logo used by the rest of the teams.

My championship (Liga BBVA) shirts don't have the badge on the right on them (the 9 Champions Leagues).

Those badges are only on the Champions League jerseys I think.

That's not true, the badge with the #10 on it is only used on kits for CL matches!
This.

Meier

Actually I guess it was 97. Combination of the Oilers leaving town and the Bucs drafting Warrick Dunn brought me in.

Good man. I went to FSU (because I was a super fan) so Warrick Dunn is one of my all time faves. I'm from Orlando so the Bucs were a natural fit but it was so awesome how many players we had from the Florida schools back then. No surprise that was our best period that then lead to the Super Bowl.

My championship (Liga BBVA) shirts don't have the badge on the right on them (the 9 Champions Leagues).

Those badges are only on the Champions League jerseys I think.

This.

Milan has always had them on:
Maybe in Madrid they just don't want to put that on. I dunno, I'd put it on in any case. Just as a reminder. Or is the left sleeve used for something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom