• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fernando-torres-felt-like-king-3618472

Interesting Torres interview.

I can understand the reasons why he left, but if he was struggling for form and confidence, he probably couldn't have picked a worse club to go to.

Not that thats a slight on Chelsea, but the demands there were always going to be high and immediate.
Not to mention the transfer fee burden. Because of the fee that's unnecessary pressure.

Mesut Ozil has suffered the same. He had a fine debut season but because of the transfer fee he got slated and unfairly microscoped each game. Torres has experienced the same although Chelsea's fans have treated him well imo as have the club. It's the media where the undue pressure mostly comes from.

L1NETT

Best of luck to him, we need some English managers to come through with an attacking philosophy. There is no English Rodgers or Gary Speed coming through currently.

If Wilbury hadn't left in a huff he would say Eddie Howe. Oh and Sean Dyche.

I'd say Lee Johnson, Karl Robinson (even though he's a knob), Phil Parkinson (lol), Gary Rowett (although Burton seem stuck in L2), Dean Smith and Steve Davis (tad older), Clough and Powell

They are there if you choose to look.

Thing is they'll get 5 minutes at a big club before a more exciting foreign name gets put in.

Stulaw

Huh, interesting - the whole 'attacking coach' thing seemed like a bit of a PR move on the Daves part, but if Sherringham can get us scoring more goals then I'm all for it. I'll never forget that time when Teddy was playing for us where he tried to "run off" an injury that later turned out to be a broken leg, heh.

I hope so too, it all depends on if Sam's willing to listen to anyone's opinion in tactics though.

Also, since we signed Vaz Te on a new contract in Jan, we haven't played him at all, he'd be a great striker to run off of Andy's knock downs and score, I wonder what was stopping Sam from giving him a go when we weren't scoring, must be a problem with training. Zarate will probably be used for that same sort of play.

Here's a bad quality video of some of Zarate's goals last season in Argentina.
Depending on your tastes, it also has bad music.

HXGHliX.png

Are you on a 4:3 monitor Hickey boy?

Marc

If Wilbury hadn't left in a huff he would say Eddie Howe. Oh and Sean Dyche.

I'd say Lee Johnson, Karl Robinson (even though he's a knob), Phil Parkinson (lol), Gary Rowett (although Burton seem stuck in L2), Dean Smith and Steve Davis (tad older), Clough and Powell

They are there if you choose to look.

Thing is they'll get 5 minutes at a big club before a more exciting foreign name gets put in.

I missed the meltdown, how come Wilbury left?

Generally I meant a manager in a prominent position with an attacking intent, who happens to be English. I am interested to see how Dyche does in the premier league. The last time I had thought there was a good attacking English manager was Adkins, but as soon as there was a bit of pressure he got the chop. Now he is struggling with Reading, so not expecting anything these days. Kind of expecting the same of Dyche as it is very hard to stay attacking and survive in the premier league, Rodgers was more of the exception.

Exactly, and they could have laid all the ground work for a fresh face to come in and succeed so the English manager looks more shite as a result. Seems as if an English manager might get a team to a certain level where things get a bit tougher and then suddenly boards panic and want a 'reliable' foreigner to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom