• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

KYPVD93.jpg

Keep catching those Ls, guys.

Arsenal fans have a mean online presence.

Robso

Comes as a shock about Glazer. R.I.P. Condolences to the Glazer family.

No doubt some of the United fans will be c**ts on the net.

Play Warlock or Tidehunter or Lion. Easy heroes like that.

We can do co-op vs. bots if you want. I'm fine with facing humans too

I don't mind playing support while I learn the ropes. Which Hero would be best for following you around, helping without being a hindrance and giving the oppo free gold? Last game I was helping the other team more than my own by basically being a free kill :p

Would rather play vs Humans :)

@Willkiller, if you know the basic controls I'd be up for teaming up. At least that way we'll both have abuse thrown at us :p

I don't mind playing support while I learn the ropes. Which Hero would be best for following you around, helping without being a hindrance and giving the oppo free gold? Last game I was helping the other team more than my own by basically being a free kill :p

@Willkiller, if you know the basic controls I'd be up for teaming up. At least that way we'll both have abuse thrown at us :p

I know the basic controls, I just need more information about the classes, the lanes etc etc. I'm fairly competent with the controls. It's more just nailing the basics.

I can't play tonight anyway, my PC is at my halls. I'm home for a few days.

Undying, Tidehunter, Jakiro (maybe), and Omniknight. Beefy supports that are pretty damn hard to kill in the early game. By the mid game your teammates should be more than able to pick up the slack if you start fucking up.

pulga

Banned
Milan has always had them on:

Maybe in Madrid they just don't want to put that on. I dunno, I'd put it on in any case. Just as a reminder. Or is the left sleeve used for something else?

That's really strange to me lol, but fuck it, maybe we should as well!

Yen

I was just thinking how bad our transfer window was last summer (and January, I guess). Aspas and Alberto made no impact whatsoever at £13m, barring Aspas' corner against Chelsea.
Sakho seems good but I'm not entirely convinced he's better than Agger, if he becomes a 'leader' then he'll be a great signing.
Mignolet and Toure were solid signings.

And we had Mkhitaryan, Costa, Willian all reject us.

So this summer, with Champions League football and a lot more money, we have to improve and get whoever Brendan wants.

LTWheels

I really want to get into Dota. But I've found no resources that help someone with basically 0 experience of the genre.

I found looking at guides on YouTube from expert players to be way over my head. The best materials I found to get me into the game were videos of Totalbiscuit playing as a newbie. It was easy to see the things that he would do that would work and not work at a low level, as that was the level he was playing at.

Plus there are in game community guides that tell you what order to level up your skills, what items to buy. These are really useful.

Also found going into the game mode where you have a choice of three random heroes to be a good way of experimenting and trying out new characters.

dc89

And why would they exactly?

They don't know him, probably never met him.

And they're not that thick.

Er... Why should they?

I dunno. I just found it interesting. There's a tiny statement on the United website though.

Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 May 26
thanks fans for voting me into the #bpl top11 of the season! that makes me very proud! #AFC #Gunners

I hope he tweets about this honor.

Did Yaya get in that team?

Fuck... another reason to leave City.

Pachimari

Yeah sure, but in 1 1/2 hours, is that ok?

Oh, I'm probably sleeping at that time. But feel free to add me on PS4.

Yes! I do.

Fuck Ultimate Team.

My PSN is UCK_MY_ICK

I mainly play seasons and kick off against m8s.
Same here.

I'll go online now.

By the way. The Spanish Super Cup between Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid is on August 20 and 27.

Guti will also don the white shirt, as he participates in a Classic Match on June 8.

TImes and Guardian both saying Chelsea are looking to sign Felipe Luis. Times suggest it's almost done.

How you gonna fuck this up now Woodward?

That's really strange to me lol, but fuck it, maybe we should as well!

Iirc the league has discretion over it. Seem to remember the PL saying they wouldn't let us have the badge on for domestic games.

Hixx

You probably couldn't see for the lights but you were staring straight at me - tune.

Remember when Arctic Monkeys were good?

Me too. WPSIATWIN(lol) is a great album.

Marc

Btw, anyone here playing FIFA 14 on PS4 (not UT teams) ?

Waiting for FIFA 15, the proper new gen version of FIFA... minds will be blown and candles on birthday cakes blown out. Sweat beads, deformation of grass, lifelike animation of Sturridge doing the dance, VR be a player mode, virtual sky writing... going to be crazy.

Will need to do a Rocky montage when it comes out to get close to FootyGAFs level.

Salvadora

You probably couldn't see for the lights but you were staring straight at me - tune.

Remember when Arctic Monkeys were good?

Me too. WPSIATWIN(lol) is a great album.

It's one of my favourite albums ever.

Absolutely hate most of the stuff they've released since the second. Just ugh.

tbm24

I'm actually pretty sure about our jerseys:

1st: White
2nd: Black
3rd: Pink

I'm inclined to believe Pink is the 2nd away kit. I just got done to pre-ordering a 2014 kit on the RM store. For the Home Kit they have the picture with white smoke and the pink line down the middle(as the white kit has a pink stripe on it now).

The Away kit has pink smoke and a pink line. I'd be surprised if it turned out to be the black kit is 2nd.

LTWheels

It's one of my favourite albums ever.

Absolutely hate most of the stuff they've released since the second. Just ugh.

I don't think I have listened to any of the songs they have released after the first album. Not sure why, they just sort of disappeared after that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta “We have clear ideas,” he told reporters at Milan’s Bocconi University. “We’re a winning team that has a leader for a Coach.

“For this reason, I’m excluding the possible departures of our stars.

“Real Madrid have shown an appreciation of Vidal, but that’s it. And with Pogba I'm absolutely sure that we'll manage to get him to sign a new contract very soon,

Marotta then commented on potential signings in the transfer window.

“Drogba is available on a free and we have made an offer. For Pereyra we have spoken with Udinese, but discussions are ongoing.

“Alexis Sanchez? We really like him, but we haven’t made a move.”

:/

Pachimari

Waiting for FIFA 15, the proper new gen version of FIFA... minds will be blown and candles on birthday cakes blown out. Sweat beads, deformation of grass, lifelike animation of Sturridge doing the dance, VR be a player mode, virtual sky writing... going to be crazy.

Will need to do a Rocky montage when it comes out to get close to FootyGAFs level.

I'm super excited for them to reveal it at E3.

Feorax

Some murmurs that Moreno to LFC is getting pretty close. €20m is the fee apparently.

Also, Echo reporting that the deal for Emre Can is purely up to personal terms, although Can is asking for a lot it seems.

As regards Lallana, it seems to me he's going nowhere without a transfer request. Be interesting to see whether it's ambition or loyalty that wins out in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom