• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

edit: oooh kicking off the season w/ Liverpool/Arsenal match would be fun. hopefully we lose by a lot and Wenger is forced to buy some players

I do wonder if you'd have gone in quite so hard for Ozil if you'd comfortably beat Villa last season.

Clegg

Luis to Chelsea basically means United's path to Shaw is clear.

Would take a special kind of fuck up for us to not sign him.

Wastum

Neo Member
Liverpool - Arsenal seems like a nice start to the competition. Also wondering how next season's La Liga will fair, especially with Atletico probably having to sell some key players.

Salvadora

wasn't that long ago where we had a nice unbeaten streak going at Anfield. if Carl is fit for that game, we'll crush them
That was before the age of Brenlightenment though.

Sure, we'll see.

Bring a good striker (and RB) in and we will be a potent force.

jtb

Banned
All evidence points to a yes.

They are about to spend 70 mil plus on 3 players.

Only reason it's worked out is because United and PSG are suckers.

Chelsea sell well though. it's only 20m net if you consider the ridiculous sum they just got for Luiz.

City and Chelsea's spending aren't really comparable. Chelsea spend within their means, for the most part, while City are happy to overpay for anyone.

What does this have to do with anything?

It's incredible how defensive you are about anything Chelsea and your daddy.

That Chelsea don't really need more than that and can, with the sales done, easily afford that in the FFP books. With loans coming back and assuming these days goes through, the squad for next season is already damn well in place.

Who was the last player Arsenal paid money for from Ligue 2?

Don't be so defensive bae.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Germany redeemed. I wanted them to win it in 2010 after some spectacular performances.

Müller GOAT <3

Pepe succeeded in keeping his mental facilities in check for far too long. I thought it was the hair.

Three hours until Ghana batter us into something resembling whipped cream. They knocked us out of the last two world cups the ungrateful ruffians.
I can't

wedward

That Chelsea don't really need more than that and can, with the sales done, easily afford that in the FFP books. With loans coming back and assuming these days goes through, the squad for next season is already damn well in place.

Where did I say anything to the contrary?

Who was it though? We didn't pay for Yaya.

wedward

You implied it wasn't great business.

The highlight was Victor Moses dribbling out over the line.

No. I said you have spent 70 mil on 3 players and get things done because you have a huge budget.

It's very good business. Selling Luiz for 50mil might be the deal of the century.

Arnie

Would love to start with Arsenal at Anfield.

Those Arsenal players will be absolutely kacking themselves. Shit stained Puma kecks all over the pitch.

This time Ozil will fall on the deck purposefully to wipe his arse, Henderson won't even have to breathe down his neck.

Where's Ale? I am dying

162783_unueberwindbaremauer_1.jpg

Meier

If Liverpool do get Alberto, Chelsea get Luis and United get Shaw, then I will cry if we don't go after Ricardo Rodriguez.

They are about to spend 70 mil plus on 3 players.

Only reason it's worked out is because United and PSG are suckers.

Clubs revenue was well up this year due to sponsorship, TV deals and transfers (up 30% pre-Luiz sale), we can afford to do it especially with the wages going off our books - Lampard, Cole and Luiz was like £400k a between the 3 of them, now add to that Eto'o and anyone else we sell (Rami? Mikel? Ba? Torres?).

We got plenty of money to spend, not just from sales, we've been planning for FFP for years.

And I still think we didn't get a good price for Mata.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Linius what is wrong with Bayern Munich in 1v1? They run through tackles, its absurd, ive played them 5 times now and if you get near them they push you off, if you slide them they jump over, ridiculousness. Thank god the people playing them arent the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom