• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

When you look at the market, £37m for their player of the year of the last two seasons isn't a particularly good price.
For a player who had been sitting on the bench for the last 6 months and both the club and player wanted out, with what looks like literally only one option, Manchester United, it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

£37.5m is a lot of money, lets not forget.

I'm trying to think of a comparable transfer of that magnitude and I'm only coming out with Ozil. Don't think there are many more benchmarks than that. And they were very, very close in price.

Carbonox

Motherfucking SHOLA

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

subtles

My biggest fear is that Hodgson drilled the Brenlightenment out of our players. They'll come back to Rodgers having learned to silently trot around the pitch and passively watch the game go by.

Like an owl, they'll be taught to only strike in the dead of the night.

Seeming the analysis of Mikel is like they haven't actually watched him at all over the last years, then didn't watch Matic when he signed.

Which is to be a given when Rio spends most of time smelling turds in public restrooms but still.

Ser Goje

Oh my god people are actually celebrating this 90 minute abortion we brought to football.

What's the fastest way you can go deaf?

TeddyBoy

Rumoured opening games for next season's PL.

Fake, the premier league knows that after months without football people will watch just about any match. Don't expect any big teams to play each other for a few games.

Mirror saying we're binning Moreno and going after Rojo.

Not surprised about giving up on Moreno, wanting all the transfer can upfront is baffling on top of the big transfer fee. I've got a feeling we'll go back to Bertrand now since he'll be a reasonably priced and available left back.

My biggest fear is that Hodgson drilled the Brenlightenment out of our players. They'll come back to Rodgers having learned to silently trot around the pitch and passively watch the game go by.

Like an owl, they'll be taught to only strike in the dead of the night.

Rodgers did it once, he will do it again!

@bjaekle: thanks for the link!

Wilbur

Banned
Just caught the end of it, not surprised to see a 0-0. Iran are the shittest team at the World Cup offensively by a long distance.

One draw in 13 games is well decent though.

Salvadora

Fake, the premier league knows that after months without football people will watch just about any match. Don't expect any big teams to play each other for a few games.
In all likelihood it's fake, but they don't have any control over the fixtures, do they?

Thought it was completely randomised.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have to stay up tonight for work. I've got 1.5 litres of coca cola in the fridge.

The kidney stones are on me.

Kidney stones single handedly made me stop drinking cola

My name is a lie

Wilbur

Banned
In all likelihood it's fake, but they don't have any control over the fixtures, do they?

Thought it was completely randomised.

It can't be randomised. They have to take into account the fact that Manchester United and Man City can't both play at home at the same time on the same day, and then Oldham don't like playing home games on the same day because it cannibalises their attendance or something

Loads of work goes into it

Salvadora

It can't be randomised. They have to take into account the fact that Manchester United and Man City can't both play at home at the same time on the same day, and then Oldham don't like playing home games on the same day because it cannibalises their attendance or something

Loads of work goes into it
"they got it the way they wanted it" .
--------------- /
irwCTgj8oeuxe.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom