• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Look at this analysis. Costa making runs off the shoulder and they're all passing it around like they're 4-0 up. Christ.

The world cup thread thinking I was serious.
LxHVdy6.png

Meus Having a tiki taka avatar.
LxHVdy6.png
LxHVdy6.png

Tiki taka.
LxHVdy6.png
LxHVdy6.png
LxHVdy6.png

rodvik

He really cracks me up -- I absolutely love Macca and Ian Darke. My favorite duo by far. I still can't get over that punch from Casillas. Unbelievable.

During the England game he was extra awesome.

"Roy needs to tell Rooney. YOU STAY THERE! YOU! Don't move! STAY THERE!"

followed by "AGAIN?? The same again!!!"

"YOU! STAY THERE!"

Lool :)

Zero148

damn, the world cups really aren't for title holders. France 2002, Italy 2010 and Spain 2014 (propably) out in the group stage in the recent years. Only Brasil made it to the quarter finals 2006

Marc

I love the parallels of this same pundit line up talking about dropping Casillas and how loyalty and reputation shouldn't matter if you keep making mistakes.

The other day, the same lot were in total denial over Rooney.

cremino

They're right about Spain having no pace apart from Pedro. Problem is there's nobody on the bench with pace other than Torres. And he can't be depended upon.

Without Xavi they have no control of the game. But with him they're struggling for pace.

Well...But still they should run a bit more, they're walking on the pitch

sneaky77

Spain have to go balls to the wall. Bring in Koke for Alonso asap. I know they won't, but I'd almost consider switching Casillas at HT too.. he's just been so bad, it's really hard to fathom. Maybe switch out Juanfran for Alba as well as he's been useless.

We're done, it's been an impressive run, but this team should have been blown up last year and starting getting more fresh blood. I mean our selections for forwards and no Navas is laughable.
Oh well.. its been an awesome time to be a Spaniard football fan until today lol.

Meier

During the England game he was extra awesome.

"Roy needs to tell Rooney. YOU STAY THERE! YOU! Don't move! STAY THERE!"

followed by "AGAIN?? The same again!!!"

"YOU! STAY THERE!"

Lool :)

Since he's a Scouser, his voice gets so high pitched when he's worked up too. Really funny.

hiroshawn

Banned
Alex Benson: Well done Mourinho and Ancelotti for ruining Iker Casillas. He would not have done that if he had been playing week in week out.

cremino

damn, the world cups really aren't for title holders. France 2002, Italy 2010 and Spain 2014 (propably) out in the group stage in the recent years. Only Brasil made it to the quarter finals 2006

It's the lack of motivation and the coach insisting with the old players instead of betting on youngsters....
I know that well since when Lippi was Italy's coach at the 2010 WC and some of his decisions were baffling to say the least

Meier

We're done, it's been an impressive run, but this team should have been blown up last year and starting getting more fresh blood. I mean our selections for forwards and no Navas is laughable.
Oh well.. its been an awesome time to be a Spaniard football fan until today lol.

I still think you guys have it in you to come back and win this.

scently

So now they remember that Koke is on the bench. Don't understand why they were going with a double pivot again even though it didn't work at all in the last game. Another plus is that Koke is familiar with Costa, having provided quite a bit of his goals, so that should help with this so called Diego Costa experiment.

Marc

Since he's a Scouser, his voice gets so high pitched when he's worked up too. Really funny.

I like Macca, some of his opinions are shit but he isn't afraid to stick his neck out and look a fool. Makes his feelings known and doesn't use shitty cliché's like most of our commentators. America got the best pick of the bunch.

BBC team really want Fabregas, don't they know he is shit in the second half of seasons. /barca

ZehlTPV.png

*I should buy Charles Aránguiz*
(Assist for the first goal, scored second; Currently playing for SC Internacional Porto Alegre in Chile)
Is probably too small for CM in Europe, but could probably be turned into a great full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom