• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mertesacker should get his 100th german cap against Ghana. Legend!
No, lol. Getting 100 caps is fairly easy nowadays with the amount of friendlies and what not. He's certainly no Jürgen Kohler, Guido Buchwald or Berti Vogts.
Arne Friedrich completely saved his ass in 2010 and should be in his place, getting to 100. Too bad he got all fucked up before Euro 12.

Having said that, schlaaand.

GorillaJu

Just started playing DS1 today. God I love these games. If I didn't already have a PS4 Id have 450 bucks in a lockbox to make sure I could get Bloodborne on release.

Knight dude guarding the blue tearstone ring took a few tries to kill. Taurus demon was a baby in comparison.

Suen

Just started playing DS1 today. God I love these games. If I didn't already have a PS4 Id have 450 bucks in a lockbox to make sure I could get Bloodborne on release.

Knight dude guarding the blue tearstone ring took a few tries to kill. Taurus demon was a baby in comparison.
Haven't even opened DS1. Not even finished with DS. Pls.

That recently announced Blablurn game looks cool.

dc89

FF if you're still awake send me a message on WhatsApp. Since my phone went belly up I lost your number and I can't open the group message :(

Also, I know the iOS8 whatsapp bug! It works but the moment two letters are typed together it crashes :/ So words like...letters... is a no go.

MESSAGE ME! You too Abdi.

Blablurn

Haven't even opened DS1. Not even finished with DS. Pls.

That recently announced Blablurn game looks cool.

idZaUjErPvtwN.gif

Lightning

Banned
No, lol. Getting 100 caps is fairly easy nowadays with the amount of friendlies and what not. He's certainly no Jürgen Kohler, Guido Buchwald or Berti Vogts.
Arne Friedrich completely saved his ass in 2010 and should be in his place, getting to 100. Too bad he got all fucked up before Euro 12.

Having said that, schlaaand.
When you represent your country 100 times, regardless of reasoning, it is something special and not easy at all to do.

You need a remarkable consistency to achieve that especially for a county like Germany who are a mega power with a wealth of young talent. That effort should not be underminded.

For me getting to 100 caps is exceptional.

When you represent your country 100 times, regardless of reasoning, it is something special and not easy at all to do.

You need a remarkable consistency to achieve that especially for a county like Germany who are a mega power with a wealth of young talent. That effort should not be underminded.

For me getting to 100 caps is exceptional.

Well you called him a legend, hence my rebuttal. And what I meant was: it's not easy to get to 100, but easier compared to previous decades. But he wouldn't even be close if it wasn't for Löw. At most times there were better options. Especially Höwedes was overlooked way too often. But currently we don't have better options and it seems like he's gotten better at Arsenal.
But no, he will surely not be remembered as a legendary German defender.

Lightning

Banned
Well you called him a legend, hence my rebuttal. And what I meant was: it's not easy to get to 100, but easier compared to previous decades. But he wouldn't even be close if it wasn't for Löw. At most times there were better options. Especially Höwedes was overlooked way too often. But currently we don't have better options and it seems like he's gotten better at Arsenal.
But no, he will surely not be remembered as a legendary German defender.
In terms of quality he may not be remembered but his service deserves to be remembered. Anyone over 100 caps for their country deserves a space in history and peoples memory. Especially megapower countries where there is a lot of competition for places.

Loew deserves his credit too. He cops too much criticism.

In terms of quality he may not be remembered but his service deserves to be remembered. Anyone over 100 caps for their country deserves a space in history and peoples memory. Especially megapower countries where there is a lot of competition for places.

Loew deserves his credit too. He cops too much criticism.

Sure, he'll get a place in Ger. football history, but his name will fade pretty fast. Especially after we get rid of Löw which brings me to "Loew deserves his credit too" and makes me chuckle
(while shedding a tear)

Italian media is finally turnin on Balotelli, about time....

Good, Immobile is ready to save the day.

K1LLER7

Don't mind Valencia getting a new contract. Would work well in a counter attacking team and provides some cover at RB if needed.

Don't want him to start but, he's good to have in the squad.

Marc

Haha, reading Jamie Carragher say none of it was Gerrard's fault and it was all on Cahill. Even saying the ball skimmed off Gerrard's head. Gerrard himself said he was trying to knock it back to the keeper and had assumed Hart was much further out than he was. Admitted to not even looking and playing blind passes as usual. Yet its Cahill's fault, if Gerrard left the ball then Suarez would have been offside. If he didn't assume Hart was there and not Suarez, and played it to someone he could actually see... it wouldn't have been a goal.

That guy could do no wrong, if other players made those kind of mistakes they would get crucified in the media and by people here.

Scum

Haha, reading Jamie Carragher say none of it was Gerrard's fault and it was all on Cahill. Even saying the ball skimmed off Gerrard's head. Gerrard himself said he was trying to knock it back to the keeper and had assumed Hart was much further out than he was. Admitted to not even looking and playing blind passes as usual. Yet its Cahill's fault, if Gerrard left the ball then Suarez would have been offside. If he didn't assume Hart was there and not Suarez, and played it to someone he could actually see... it wouldn't have been a goal.

That guy could do no wrong, if other players made those kind of mistakes they would get crucified in the media and by people here.

But buut.... Gerrard
But buut... Cahill
But buut....

This is why England will get no where. Just simply admit it. England just weren't good enough. Can't even implement and understand the simple basics of football and failed miserably. Yet again.
Clean slate. Start "fresh". Get a template in place and pick players who will do well in a system of choice. Get a footballing identity.

Clegg

If LvG can remind Valencia of how to attack again then I suppose I'd be ok with this contract extension. But if he can't? Ugh

I suppose he'd be good cover for Alexis.

defel

But buut.... Gerrard
But buut... Cahill
But buut....

This is why England will get no where. Just simply admit it. England just weren't good enough. Can't even implement and understand the simple basics of football and failed miserably. Yet again.
Clean slate. Start "fresh". Get a template in place and pick players who will do well in a system of choice. Get a footballing identity.

Yes Scum!

Agreed

Roy will get his Knighthood after Euro 2016, I have no doubt about it. Bookmark this post

K1LLER7

If LvG can remind Valencia of how to attack again then I suppose I'd be ok with this contract extension. But if he can't? Ugh

Januzaj will play on the right. Want him to be a starter next season.

Would rather we focus on getting CM's for now.

scently

He played quite well yesterday I think. Sure, it was against Honduras but his overall play was quite good; drifting into the midfield, making runs down the middle, and delivering some un-valencia-like crossings. He did go back to smashing it against the first line of defence towards the end though, but he played well.

FootballFan

FF if you're still awake send me a message on WhatsApp. Since my phone went belly up I lost your number and I can't open the group message :(

Also, I know the iOS8 whatsapp bug! It works but the moment two letters are typed together it crashes :/ So words like...letters... is a no go.

MESSAGE ME! You too Abdi.

Done m8.

Marc

But buut.... Gerrard
But buut... Cahill
But buut....

Yeah, but why?

Again we play name players, push others out of position, those names fail to do anything yet again and we stick by them. They simply aren't good enough and are massively overrated. That's fine, so play a younger team built for a certain system and style of play and stick to it. Work as a team instead of the best individuals. We had a non-DM at DM, a CM who isn't good enough at CM, and 3 strikers in a system made for 1 striker. The balance was awful, and is constantly the case.

We did neither having the players we had, we won't improve in this system going forward and players missed out on experience to fit in players who always fail.

I'm still hurting, I had low expectations and Woy managed to fail to meet even the low standards. :( Curious on the next team even though I know I shouldn't be, will he drop the undroppables?

Desmond

Love it. (Edit: the O'Neill video. Not that twitter shite)

Bit surprised Cannavaro never won a European Cup.

Viera on the other hand, lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Costa Rica Coach Jorge Luis Pinto revealed “Juventus inspired” his defensive set-up against Italy.

The Central Americans caused two huge upsets when beating Uruguay and the Azzurri, securing their spot in the World Cup Round of 16.

“Have you seen our system with three centre-backs Duarte, Gonzalez and Umana, then two wing-backs Gamboa and Diaz? It’s how Juventus play and how Italy played against Spain in the Confederations Cup. Juve inspired us.”

Death by our very own poison, 3-5-2. The cruelest kind of deaths, time is a flat circle indeed.

God bless the Russians, my antidote.

And the French winning 5-2, the nightmare is complete.

wat

That's actually laudrup's agent?

Yes that is him, and that is his real twitter account... Which is easy to believe if you have ever heard him talk. His rantings in the Danish press about whatever clubs has been firing Laudrup has always been hilarious, he still trolls Brøndby ever now and then for letting Laudrup go.

vtj3cOU.png

APlb2Gk.jpg

I really don't understand how a man like this gets to represent Laudrup and be in that kind of company haha

What about Bayram Tutumlu doesn't sound like an agent?

you racist

kaAQikf.png

Isaac Tutumlu is his son btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom