• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

oh my word Jordan Henderson captain of England because he runs around a lot

Hilarity aside, there aren't really any standouts so it'll probably be Hart for consistencies sake.

LTWheels

Not sure if Henderson is ready to captain England yet, but would be a good choice one day.

If you watch Liverpool, Henderson is Brendan's 'general' on the pitch.

It's Henderson who he gives the instructions to distribute to the rest of the team. He's no longer the quiet boy he was when he joined. Tells players when they need a kicking, one of our few players that gets in the refs face. When Brendan took over Liverpool there were too many 'good boys'. They were so quiet on the pitch. He's toughened them up.

3Sixty

If would say it doesn't matter how good Hendo is for Liverpool he shouldn't even be playing for England let alone captain but then again... Gerrard...

FuturusX

So Suarez wants to leave us or not? Or are the journos just trying to stir some stuff up and sell digital subscriptions?

Liverpool just signed the greatest striker in all of England, King Ricky. So it's all good right?

EDIT: England has more to worry about than who's captain. That stuff is a luxury.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Martin Caceres said he’ll give away “useful information” on his Juventus teammates for Italy-Uruguay.

The wing-back spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport ahead of Tuesday’s World Cup showdown in Natal, where it’s increasingly likely the Azzurri will adopt a Juve-style 3-5-2 system.

“I think Coach Tabarez will ask me for information about Italy and Juventus, especially my club teammates,” confessed Caceres.

“All tacticians know Andrea Pirlo, so I’ll just reiterate to Tabarez how important it is to disturb him when he’s in possession.

“Claudio Marchisio has some standard movements, so in this case my advice could be very useful. He knows how to burst between the lines and has a great shot from distance. I’ll describe him in great detail.

“Giorgio Chiellini is a very good friend, while Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci are very experienced

“I don’t expect Italy to put 10 men behind the ball, as that is not their style. It suits us, as Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani become deadly with a little space. We’ll play on the counter-attack.”

Caceres isn’t the only Uruguayan with Serie A experience, as Walter Gargano plays for Parma, Cavani was at Napoli and Alvaro Pereira is owned by Inter.

“Cavani will also be able to give Tabarez some useful information, as he played against the Juve defence many times with Napoli.

why caceres

why bb

tumblr_lmpr6mf7S91qg2ozk.gif

LTWheels

If would say it doesn't matter how good Hendo is for Liverpool he shouldn't even be playing for England let alone captain but then again... Gerrard...

Blame the manager for playing a box to box midfielder who links up well with strikers, making runs from deep beyond the forwards, as a static holding midfielder that is not allowed to wonder far past the half way line.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I still find it funny how England care way too much about the captain's armband

who the hell wants to captain England?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
you'll just be the first one in the line of bukkake fire

disgusted016.gif

Is it wrong of me to be turned on by him wearing those socks thigh high???

nope. ;p

arkon

I still find it funny how England care way too much about the captain's armband

who the hell wants to captain England?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
you'll just be the first one in the line of bukkake fire

disgusted016.gif

nope. ;p

It's got special properties. Makes you undroppable and you get to play the full 90 minutes

Pennywise

I've never seen this Hojberg kid play but the way elsk goes on about him, I do worry for the kid.

He got some talent, but he still got a long road ahead of him.

The games he played, weren't that difficult and we'll see about him, once he actually plays in a different situation.

Blablurn

He got some talent, but he still got a long road ahead of him.

The games he played, weren't that difficult and we'll see about him, once he actually plays in a different situation.

I'm glad we agree that a DFB Cup final against Dortmund is something rather easy. Amateur club, innit?

Pennywise

I'm glad we agree that a DFB Cup final against Dortmund is something rather easy. Amateur club, innit?

Yeah, let's start to hype players after one good match against a good club, even cleverly could do that.

We'll see about him next season, unless pep decides to clone Lahm.

Clegg

United Bros what do we think of Nigel de Jong?

Could be a handy signing. Only the Mirror saying it tho. Tenuous link for the moment.

Could be a handy signing. Only the Mirror saying it tho. Tenuous link for the moment.

He'll sign a contract extension when the WC is over. He'll be one of the players we'll build on our future XI, won't leave unless United is willing to offer €20m.

WJD

He'd be decent but I imagine that story is derived purely from the picture taken with Rio and RVP before.

edit: Belgium team looks a hell of a lot more dynamic than the one they played against Algeria.

Blablurn

Yeah, let's start to hype players after one good match against a good club, even cleverly could do that.

We'll see about him next season, unless pep decides to clone Lahm.

I seriously hope we'll play less Tiki Taka. Otherwise you guys will go for the title. Even Hoffenheim or Augsburg figuered out how to play against us in the end.

LTWheels

Seeing a lot more newspapers are starting to write articles saying Woy got the tactics wrong, trying to play that formation with a natural holding midfield player, and should have gone for 3 in midfield or diamond.

I love the faith you have in our management.

I wish I had it as well.

His contract expires next year, so he has to sign another one Galliani will make him sign an extension. Just to be safe we won't lose one of our best players for free. The 20m thing comes from a few articles I read a few weeks ago, when the rumors around him started.

I don't see Milan selling him, which still is one of our best players, for less than 15-20m to be honest. If we're asking for 40m for Balotelli, I think it would make sense to ask that much for Nigel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom