• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Using 4-2-3-1 is not progressive. It's actually behind the curve as most international team are now using a 4-3-3.

Like Lineker said, under Woy the formation quite often becomes a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, especially when we are chasing games.

253806_1000.gif

It's the truth though. He bossed the Bundesliga for some years, went to Spain and did the same for Sevilla, there's a reason even Barca and such were keeping a close eye on him. He ended up in Juventus instead though and then after training with himself for some time, having them try and force him out, went back with Daddy Woy.

dc89

It really is a vision of the future.

Robben/Nani sprints, shot goes nowhere.
The ball bobbles out to T Clevz who just puts it in row z.

This is incredible.

Wilbur

Banned
Nowt wrong with 4-4-2 when you have the personnel

3-5-2 is good too, must take a while to adapt the players for it though,and bring in suitable players for those that don't fit

I'd love United to play 3-5-2

DDG
Smalling - Evans - Jones
Rafael - Kroos - Carrick - Mata - Blind
van Persie - Cavani

Wilbur

Banned
Kompany's tackle was against a Russian player, which is the equivalent of shoulder barging a kid with rickets off the ball.

Marc

Oooh, thought that was going to be a goal.

Getting closer.

Ahahah well fuck..one my friends gave it to me last week!

Still watching S1 of Utopia. The plot is a bit too silly.

Your friend is clearly after your games collection. Its decent, it starts off pretty realistic as much as you can. We lost the war, we're fucked as a race and they're keen to stick to that premise.

It definitely has a British tongue in cheek feel about the plot, makes a contrast to some of the horrible shit they make you watch.

It's the truth though. He bossed the Bundesliga for some years, went to Spain and did the same for Sevilla, there's a reason even Barca and such were keeping a close eye on him. He ended up in Juventus instead though and then after training with himself for some time, having them try and force him out, went back with Daddy Woy.

Mate, Bundesliga? You're starting to sound like one of them. :p

Wilbur

Banned
I actually think France might have a legit shot. Am I crazy?

I said they'd make the semis before. Good draw, gives them a chance to boost some confidence, and they're looking good. Real balanced team; the only reason no one fancies them more is because they argued at the last World Cup.

Slizz

I feel bad for any teams that have to play in Manaus for a KO round game.

It's obvious the game after Manaus each team will be dead. Look at Italy and England, I'm prepped for Ghana to destroy Portugal and USA to be fucking gassed before half-time.

Hixx

That Gary Oldman interview he did with Playboy... that's certainly one way to lose a high regard in public opinion.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Eh, he hasn't been good. Algeria and Russia both offered nothing. He's just been there in an underwhelming team.
Way too many shit groups man

Like, I'd take England over any side in group B and H. Yet here we are, England is out and one of Uruguay and Italy is going to qualify.

Marc

Nope, I bet on them.

That included completely shutting down at the time one of the worlds best players in Kaka. Anyone doubting his quality pre-Juve are crazy, bitter liverpool fans or people who had not seen him before Liverpool somehow.

Kaka, pfft. Maybe I am having a brainfart but used to be quite into la liga then and used to watch the sevilla/betis games, don't especially remember his performances. Didn't watch much else of Sevilla though to be fair. Saw some good games for Denmark from him but wouldn't make my best players ever list or anything off the back of it. :)

That Gary Oldman interview he did with Playboy... that's certainly one way to lose a high regard in public opinion.

Do I want to know? He is my favourite actor.

b3rWHTL.png

wedward

That Kompany tackle isn't really very impressive. The Russian player is jogging with the ball. He has two ways to go. Kompany guesses right and pokes it away.

Please stop talking about England.

That Kompany tackle isn't really very impressive. The Russian player is jogging with the ball. He has two ways to go. Kompany guesses right and pokes it away.

As I said at the time, Macheda level striker.

He made the tackle though, good for him. But yeah it really wasn't all that. The best tackle so far has to be the block by the Ghana player on Muller. That shit was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom