• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get my Chelsea boys on a plane back to Daddy Mou now plz. Don't need to waste anymore time in Brazil after their world cup.

Bring Costa as well, I'm sure he could use a hug, then ship them all off holiday wrapped up in cotton wool for 4 weeks

Wilbur

Banned
Modric and Howard....? None of them has done that well, and Ochoa has been way betetr than Howard.

I think Ochoa was brilliant against Brazil but didn't have much to do against Cameroon. Howard was fantastic against Ghana, and really good against Portugal (watched it back earlier). Hasn't had the standout GK performance but been better over the two games.

And Modric was the best player on the pitch after Oscar in the first game, and was the best player on the pitch against an admittedly shit Cameroon.

Over two games, they've been good in both as opposed to one top performance. Pirlo was great against us and shit against Costa Rica. Oscar was great against Croatia and shit against Mexico.

Marc

Robben, Modric, Howard, Sanchez, Valbuena

in that order

Modric, not sure about that, he has been nullified for large chunks. Howard? Great save the other day but erm... nah.

No Benz?

Lack of Muller is unacceptable.

Also Gerrard should be there.

Wilbur

Banned
Although you could easily include half the Dutch squad, Vlaar and RVP both well worth it too.

I don't think Benzema was that impressive against honduras despite the goals, Valbuena was their best player then. Against the Swiss, Valbuena, Benzema, Matuidi and Giroud were all class.

Does anyone here know about lawn care? I tried searching but there is no official lawn care thread.

:lol

Wilbur you're full of shit, I will never read a blog post of yours again. Might as well put Bolanos up there.

Modric, not sure about that, he has been nullified for large chunks. Howard? Great save the other day but erm... nah.

No Benz?

Yes.

Yes.

Wait what the fuck. I will say though, Gerrard did give me a lot of pleasure when he assisted that Suarez goal.

Wilbur

Banned

No Benz?

I don't think he's been nullified at all. Brazil didn't do much to handle him, Croatia had the run of midfield but no cutting edge.

Muller was great against Portugal and not Ghana.

Those who have put in more than one great performance include most of this holland side, most of the Costa Rica side, Tim Cahill, Cuadrado, I thought Herrera was good in both games and the Mexican defence have been great.

jtb

Banned
I'll take Ozil over Robben, frankly. players that are already injury prone coming to Arsenal... good god

also I don't really trust Geoff but it doesn't really matter either way

wedward

I'll take Ozil over Robben, frankly. players that are already injury prone coming to Arsenal... good god

Don't play the same position so I don't think that would have been an issue.

Who cares if it's true or not.

Blablurn

lol. Özil over Robben? looool Thats like saying: I'll take Origin over Steam.

Marc

Hahaha, talking about costa rica getting the point they need.

Christ.

Yes.

Yes.

Wait what the fuck. I will say though, Gerrard did give me a lot of pleasure when he assisted that Suarez goal.

Leader. Legend. Liability.

I don't think he's been nullified at all. Brazil didn't do much to handle him, Croatia had the run of midfield but no cutting edge.

Muller was great against Portugal and not Ghana.

Those who have put in more than one great performance include most of this holland side, most of the Costa Rica side, Tim Cahill, Cuadrado, I thought Herrera was good in both games and the Mexican defence have been great.

I disagree.

He was amazing against Portugal, decent against Ghana... not a bad standard. I'd give him a shot in an England shirt.

jtb

Banned
Don't play the same position so I don't think that would have been an issue.

Who cares if it's true or not.

I agree—Ozil to Robben, it sure looks nice in my head. I just figured it was more of a "we have X amount to spend in transfer fees and Y amount of wages we can add." Opportunity cost. Fun little fantasy to think about though, I suppose. Hopefully we get an Sanchez type this summer.

wedward

I agree—Ozil to Robben, it sure looks nice in my head. I just figured it was more of a "we have X amount to spend in transfer fees and Y amount of wages we can add." Opportunity cost. Fun little fantasy to think about though, I suppose. Hopefully we get an Sanchez type this summer.

True. That's always the question.

I'd love Sanchez. Lots of teams in for him.

Lightning

Banned
Ozil and Robben don't play the same position. Can't even be debated. Also impossible to discuss Ozil on football GAF, they've abandoned all senses when it comes to that topic.

Marc

Robben is no Demba Ba, that's for sure.

No I don't. You exposed my lie.

Pintoshoulderpat.gif

Blablurn

There is one thing people like to forget when it comes to Robbens accomplishments. Even though we lost in 2012 he basically carried the whole Bayern team to the final in Madrid.

Clegg

The performance of the Netherlands is encouraging for United fans but they're working with players that we just don't have atm. There's no world class winger in our squad or a proper nasty bastard in midfield for us.

fuenf

There is one thing people like to forget when it comes to Robbens accomplishments. Even though we lost in 2012 he basically carried the whole Bayern team to the final in Madrid.

you mean 2010. Crazy to think how much he improved in the last 2 years.

Blablurn

Anyone watches Summer games done quick?

The host of the show just wanted to explain whats behind the organisation they are collecting money for when one of those nerds suddenly geeked out and interrupted him by his random ecco the dolphin talk lol

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

that was so fucking rude. and so nerdy lol. social skills - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom