• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool transfer rumours: Marcelo emerges as target as more doubt is cast over Luis Suarez' Anfield future

uhhuh

From that article:

And on Monday, in a move that will dismay the Anfield faithful, the player's father-in-law - who lives on the outskirts of Barcelona - suggested Suarez was ready to make the switch.

Speaking on Spanish TV, Gustavo Balbi said: "Luis has nothing left to prove in England. It'd be the right time to move to Spain,"

"It doesn't matter whether it's one team or the other (Madrid or Barcelona). He will not go to another team in England out of respect for Liverpool."

It has begun. This is exactly what happened with Bale, advisors and friends saying 'it's time to move on'. Just don't drag it out like we did.

TeddyBoy

Liverpool transfer rumours: Marcelo emerges as target as more doubt is cast over Luis Suarez' Anfield future

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rumours-marcelo-emerges-3752534#ixzz35Y0RRLYy

uhhuh

so who are the most reliable for football news obviously not papers

Just use the Echo, if they actually run an article linking us to a player it's very likely to be true.

Wake up to find i've officialy got a 2:1 degree AND Herrera looks to be a United player pretty soon.

Today is a good day.

Congrats mate!

bjaelke

xuFfJeQ.png

LegoArmo

Rihanna could do no wrong in the Good Girl Gone Bad/Rated R era.

United signing a proper midfielder? Is that the first since Hargreaves/Anderson?

Yen

Feorax

Yaya Toure has, apparently, claimed that City did not let him spend time with his brother (who passed away this week) and that he wishes he insisted more instead of going to Abu Dhabi to celebrate the title win,

This is getting a little bit nasty now.

At this point, he's probably more likely to not be there next season than Suarez with us. Throughly toxic affair.

From that article:

It has begun. This is exactly what happened with Bale, advisors and friends saying 'it's time to move on'. Just don't drag it out like we did.

I think if Madrid are dicking around by mid to late July, the deal won't happen. It's too risky for us to allow him to leave at that point, and given how Madrid have form for this, it's something we've probably already told Suarez will be the case.

At this point, looking at the matter more objectively, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if we did what United did with Ronaldo, and get a deal in place this summer for him to move next summer, when it's in the interest of all parties for the deal to be done.

"@English_AS: OFFICIAL: Carlos Vela seals permament move to @RealSociedad + signs 4-year contract extension, tying him to the Basque club until June 2018."

They paid £9m plus £4m in add-ons for his buyout and we still get 20% of his future fee. Dick Law did good.

Good move, hope we asked for Griezmann to sweeten the deal ;)

We could effectively get him for £15m now (€30m/£24m release clause). Maybe Wenger has it on the back-burner or something...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am, thanks for your concern.

I had to ask money from my parents, I have to pay the electricity bill before Thursday :/
hope they deposit something soon

I have a brilliant idea for you <3

well since you (allegedly) look like Pepe, you can always sell yourself to Barcelona fans to do whatever they please with you/your face!

I'd KILL to disfigure or maim an Iniesta lookalike, think Hostel.

At this point, he's probably more likely to not be there next season than Suarez with us. Throughly toxic affair.

I think if Madrid are dicking around by mid to late July, the deal won't happen. It's too risky for us to allow him to leave at that point, and given how Madrid have form for this, it's something we've probably already told Suarez will be the case.

At this point, looking at the matter more objectively, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if we did what United did with Ronaldo, and get a deal in place this summer for him to move next summer, when it's in the interest of all parties for the deal to be done.

aren't Barca banned from transfers next season? so that mean its Real next year, so Barca are going to go HAM this year?

Jack cw

Damn, Barcelona are also offering money for Kroos. Makes a lot of sense, he's the best Xavi replacement around.
This is getting hilarious. First was United... Gahl rejected Kroos. Then it was Madrid but they lost interest because Bayern wont let him leave in the next seaon. Now it's Barca of course. I seriously think that this story (just like with Real) was done by Kroos's managment to have at least a brgaining position with Bayern.

Pennywise

I am, thanks for your concern.

I had to ask money from my parents, I have to pay the electricity bill before Thursday :/
hope they deposit something soon

Good.

Ugh, Frankfurt going for Bendtner...
Kinda boring to have nearly nothing to speculate, when every deal is already set for Dortmund.

Feorax

aren't Barca banned from transfers next season? so that mean its Real next year, so Barca are going to go HAM this year?

Yeah, I still think he'll go to Real. Makes sense for him to be there to take over from Ronaldo, who likely won't be there too much longer (he'd be 31 by the time the hypothetical Suarez transfer went through).

Barca don't really need Suarez, probably can't afford Suarez, and certainly need to focus on other areas of their team. Makes absolutely no sense.

Pennywise

really? immobile was the last one?

Doesn't look like it.
Freiburg won't let Ginter join us this year (with laughable excuses by Freiburg...).

So, unless we're going to sell someone (Auba is rumored lately and Schieber) I doubt we're going for someone.
If we sell Auba, of course we're going for some else.
Whoever is joining for Schieber will most likely play for our second team and joins the first squad if needed.

And even though I would love to get another player, since Gündogan and Reus will be out, we're not in a position to afford much.

Hopefully, Freiburg will let Ginter join us.

pulga

Banned
Even now they'd be much better off buying better defenders than getting Suarez :lol

Why? Varane and Ramos are fantastic, Carvajal, Marcelo and Coentrao get the job done. I'd get a backup for Varane and Carvajal at most, but I don't see the need.

I'm dying Shanks, I need some of your positive happy-go-lucky blood. I used to be like you, but I've seen things, and now I no longer believe in fate or happy endings.

Yurt, I have been lucky enough
and I assume you too
to witness Italy get to four finals of international tournaments. That is more than any other European team in the same time frame. We are Europe's greatest footballing nation. We are not some country riding on the back of one great team
Spain and France.
. But we have proven ourselves for 80 years
minus the tragic post Grande Torino Italy years
to be good enough to go all the way to the final.

Look at the positives of our team.
We have more tactical flexibility than any other team
Which could also be viewed as a negative.
We have one of the best defences
Sure they are a bit susceptible to a bit of pace, but then so is every other defence at this world cup
We have one of the top midfields at the tournament
but wings is a bit of an issue
We also have quality world class players all over the pitch. Some like to thing this Italy team lacks quality, but that is down to the bias of the British media which doesn't rate anyone unless they play in England of for the Spanish duo. With the exception of Candreva and Darmian all of our full strength 11 are easily in the top ten in the world for their position.
And Darmian is showing he might be one of the best RBs in the world

I will always be positive with Italy because it is what our history tells us to be.

Why? Varane and Ramos are fantastic, Carvajal, Marcelo and Coentrao get the job done. I'd get a backup for Varane and Carvajal at most, but I don't see the need.
They're not bad, but your attack is amazing. And when you do lose games it's almost always because of the defense and the stupid errors they still make.

bud

http://m.eurosport.co.uk/football/w...eeing-my-dying-brother_sto4300393/story.shtml

Yaya says City stopped him from seeing his dying brother. Hmmm...

starting to sound more and more like city are like scientology, and that every scientologist is being prevented from speaking to friends and family member who are not a part of the organisation.

dc is l ron hubbard; meier is david miscavige; manager is miscavige's wife who has been missing for years now; yaya will soon be lisa mcpherson...

starting to sound more and more like city are like scientology, and that every scientologist is being prevented from speaking to friends and family member who are not a part of the organisation.

dc is l ron hubbard; meier is david miscavige; manager is miscavige's wife who has been missing for years now; yaya will soon be lisa mcpherson...

:lol

Who is Tom Cruise?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shanks

now you've turned everyone against us with that post :(

to me, history and every positive in our team means nothing if we can't qualify from our group. Might as well be England.

pulga

Banned
Shanks

now you've turned everyone against us with that post :(

to me history and every positive in our team means nothing if we can't qualify from our group. Might as well be England.

stop being such a pussy

LA BESTIA AZZURRA IS COMING

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
stop being such a pussy

LA BESTIA AZZURRA IS COMING

I'm just kidding man, we're so winning the World Cup.

don't make me post my 5th stella cup. We choked in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2012 before turning things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom