• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanks

now you've turned everyone against us with that post :(

to me, history and every positive in our team means nothing if we can't qualify from our group. Might as well be England.

They can all suck on our four stars.

Why won't we qualify? we are better than Uruguay in every area of the bitch, but up front.

James Horncastle said:
Whether Uruguay can do the same remains to be seen. Their game plan is different, after all. The victory over England has been interpreted as a turning point in their tournament. The stats, however, say otherwise. They had fewer shots on target (only 2), a poorer pass completion rate (63.8 percent) and less possession (37.5 percent), and they were forced deeper by England than against Costa Rica.

They are complete shite. If we get beat then this squad deserves to hand their passports in.
I am surprised they even gave one to Paletta

dc89

Bq40XbaCUAAufcy.jpg:large

K1LLER7

James Ducker (times)
#MUFC to complete the £28.8m signing of Ander Herrera in next 48 hours. Will become their 4th most expensive signing.

K1LLER7

I've been watching many videos since yesterday. I'm already infected.

And congrats Killer!
Cheers.

Yeah, think he'll link up well with Mata and Shinji. Good to see that the manager is targeting more technical players.

Now for Shaw to make his move.

I’m most pleased about Herrera. He looks very cute. He is also 6ft tall which is taller than I thought he was and it’s the optimum height for a human being. Also I feel like it’s just the right profile of a signing. It’s nice to sign unknown players and for them to be great and it’s nice to sign amazing world class players like Van Persie…but Herrera is just right. We know him and he is good…but we don’t know everything. He will still surprise and he will grow as a man. I look forwards to his beard which I am sure will blossom in the years ahead and for us to all fall in love. I also think he will be good friends with Mata and De Gea.

I have just had a look on his Wikipedia, it’s a bit sparse so I look forwards to populating his entry over the years to come. He hasn’t scored many goals which is somewhere he could improve but I do feel like we have goals in our squad from our other attacking midfield options so I’m not massively concerned. His role will be to provide direction and verve and hopefully win the ball back a lot quicker than we do right now.

I wonder what squad number he will get. Welcome to Manchester, Ander!

Lastly, wonder what this means for central midfield in the rest of the window. We basically know that Strootman is coming in January so I wonder what we will do in the next few weeks. Probably nothing too exciting.

Clegg

Ducker says Herrera only has a year left on his contract but United are going lot pay the full release clause coz they want him now.

He also says we're confident of getting Shaw and have not upped the bid to £34m.

Oh baby.

No turning back now.

I've just put "Catch up" in my calender for 12-1 at work. Going to go and sit by the lake and watch YouTube vids of him.

sohois

The Times is pretty much the only reliable national paper when it comes to Liverpool stuff, with not just Tony Barrett but Oliver Kay and Tony Evans having links to the club, I believe. There are one or two other informed journalists at the other papers but really if it's not the Times or the Echo it's probably useless.

We can safely assume that Suarez is going to leave either this summer or next, it's a matter of time really. So when he does, what do Liverpool do next? Who is out there that they can try to sign to replace him, perhaps bobbling under the radar for now but threatening to break through. And how would that effect the way Liverpool play. Can they just transplant somebody else into the system or is there something about Suarez in particular which will require a chage in set up?

scently

Andy Mitten days Herrera story is true.

Get hype United Bros.

Wow. I can't believe we are finally signing a midfielder (Feliani doesn't count).

Congrats Killer. Now get going on your Masters program. Its better to do it all once and for all.

Yen

We can safely assume that Suarez is going to leave either this summer or next, it's a matter of time really. So when he does, what do Liverpool do next? Who is out there that they can try to sign to replace him, perhaps bobbling under the radar for now but threatening to break through. And how would that effect the way Liverpool play. Can they just transplant somebody else into the system or is there something about Suarez in particular which will require a chage in set up?

I think we'll eschew the two up front, because he can't be replaced like for like.
Rodgers could play his favoured 433 and actually control games. I would imagine we'd use his money to buy a top class winger and maybe a CM. Maybe Lallana would fulfil the latter but it's not exactly 'marquee' - that dreaded transfer window term - and I think FSG would want to make such a statement of we were losing our best player. Though our last statement signing didn't exactly work out too well. Of course, we'd still need to sign a striker I think. Daniel-san, Rickie, (Aspas, Borini) is a bit uninspiring, as much as I do rate Sturridge.

Sanchez would be a dream signing, but we never make a signing like that. I can't think of the last time we bought a top player in their prime.

K1LLER7

Wow. I can't believe we are finally signing a midfielder (Feliani doesn't count).

Congrats Killer. Now get going on your Masters program. Its better to do it all once and for all.
Thanks m8.

True. Had a look at the masters course details yesterday. Going to get started on the application now the results have come out.

sohois

Tactically Liverpool would probably benefit from Suarez's departure, as they currently play rather awkward 4-4-2s or 4-1-2-1-2 formations in order to fit both Suarez and Sturridge. 2 strikers just don't really fit in the modern game and it was always strange to see Liverpool line up with Coutinho drifting between a LM position and a more central attacking midfield position, not to mention Gerrard playing his DM role.

As Yen said, remove Suarez and Liverpool can switch back to 4-3-3, with Sturridge as lone striker. Now, at this point you are either introducing a new left winger, like Sanchez, or a new midfielder, like ... well I'm not sure, but I guess more of an attacking midfielder, to replace Suarez. Not a hard change for Liverpool, and would probably shore up the defence, but you would need a very productive player to make up for the lost goal and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom