• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

A park? I did not realise the conditions in MLS were so bad.

He must secretly have a thing for Ivanovic the amount of times he has hurt him.

BrNsUDpCAAAmpwJ.png

She is so plain.

LegoArmo

Why didn't he get a new deal? I thought he was a bit of a Larsson-esque cult figure so it seems odd.

He was one Celtic's highest earners along with Joe Ledley (who was sold in January) on around 30k a week, I think. My theory is the club decided for that amount they could get 2 players who'd offer more to the team as a whole, but I'm not sure.

Hard to replace a big game player like Samaras, despite his many flaws. Maybe it's a reason we wouldn't be privy to.

Clegg

Looked at some vids of Herrera which then linked me to some vids of Strootman. Why we didn't sign him I'll never know. Strong in the tackle, quick feet and a great range of passing. That's what we were looking for exactly. Still are too.

Hixx

article-2671041-1F283E8900000578-213_634x431.jpg

On the way to becoming the best looking team in Europe.

m8 its going to be Sunderland if we sign the players we're linked with

I genuinely think we're just picking players based on how handsome they are. Apart from Billy Jones and Pantilimon. Gomez, Borini, Kone and Alonso and Seb should not be allowed on the same pitch.

Labadal

So, if we sign Lallana, i wonder where he will play. At the price we are signing him, he will not warm the bench.

Mignolet

Johnson
Skrtel
Sakho
Enrique

Gerrard/Henderson
Can
Lallana/Coutinho

Sterling
Suarez or Sanchez
Coutinho/Lallana

I don't like that back four. We need at least two new defenders that can get in the starting XI.

Looked at some bids of Herrera which then linked me to some bids of Strootman. Why we didn't sign him I'll never know. Strong in the tackle, quick feet and a great range of passing. That's what we were looking for exactly. Still are too.

I didn't want him last season tbh. He proved me wrong though.

Stubo

ah shit, i forgot you can't spoiler spoilers. now it just looks stupid.
You can! You just need to click on the right place to retain the 2nd spoiler.
Looked at some vids of Herrera which then linked me to some vids of Strootman. Why we didn't sign him I'll never know. Strong in the tackle, quick feet and a great range of passing. That's what we were looking for exactly. Still are too.
It wouldn't at all surprise me if we went in for him in January or next summer.

Go_Ly_Dow

Herrera's great. Just a sublime little man. I wish him all the best without wanting him to succeed, but knowing he will.

Shaw is a dopey cunt. But also a terrific footballer, although I don't think he'll be half as impactful for United next season as Herrera.

I think United's biggest problem is mental though, and that their reputation and fear factor has hemorrhaged beyond repair.

Life under Ferguson wasn't the real world and Dirk Kuyt's uncle isn't bringing that back.

Need a pacey fear factor player again. Something like Arjen Robben. Not sure who's about tho.

Januzaj needs to bulk up a bit and have more upper body strength before he can bully defenders.

Clegg

I didn't want him last season tbh. He proved me wrong though.
He wasn't even that expensive. £17m is a v good price for someone of his ability. We spent that amount on Ashley Young ffs and a month after Strootman signed for Roma we spent £10m than his transfer fee for Fellaini. He would probably cost £30m now if he gets back to peak form.

Arnie

He wasn't even that expensive. £17m is a v good price for someone of his ability. We spent that amount on Ashley Young ffs and a month after Strootman signed for Roma we spent £10m than his transfer fee for Fellaini. He would probably cost £30m now if he gets back to peak form.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Roma hold out for more.

And that's if he hits full fitness again.

We're watching Bates Motel

Is it gud guys?

A friend kept telling me how good it was, but honestly thought it was pretty bad after watching a few episodes of it. Not offensively bad, just... Not very good. Maybe it gets better, but I couldn't bother watching anymore.

Oggy says we've paid £27m+£1m in incentives for Shaw.

The BBC Solent guy was saying that Saints will get £50-£55m for Shaw and Lallana only if all the clauses are met and that the payment are instalment based too (suppose that's the norm).

I don't think Liverpool are paying more than £20m for Adz then, straight up anyway.

Hixx

The BBC Solent guy was saying that Saints will get £50-£55m for Shaw and Lallana only if all the clauses are met and that the payment are instalment based too (suppose that's the norm).

I don't think Liverpool are paying more than £20m for Adz then, straight up anyway.

Bournemouth have a 25% sell-on fee so if the rumoured £25m for Lallana fee is true, Southampton would only get just under £19m of it.

De Gea won't leave.

We bought Spanish players just to please him.

But, give us £80m and they can have him.
De Gea still hasn't signed a new contract. I'm very worried. He has 2 years to run. We need to sort it before the season starts.

RVP has 2 seasons left too. LvG is going to renew it. We will be paying him until he dies.

Also I think Wilson's contract expires on Monday. No news of a renewal yet. Goodbye.

Arnie

Rumour was £15 million and the rest in instalments.

Still not jazzed by it, though. Happy to be proven wrong but I think he's a bit of a superficial player.

K1LLER7

De Gea still hasn't signed a new contract. I'm very worried. He has 2 years to run. We need to sort it before the season starts.

RVP has 2 seasons left too. LvG is going to renew it. We will be paying him until he dies.

Also I think Wilson's contract expires on Monday. No news of a renewal yet. Goodbye.
Journo on twitter was saying United were going to focus on contracts and outgoing players this weekend.

Hopefully the contracts are sorted too. Guess we'll have to wait for LVG to have a look first. He might not like De Gea lol.

Look at how well that shit worked with Debuchy and Yohan Kebab at Newcastle.

Elc3d3M.jpg

BFF
Wooden, we are not Newcastle United.

We are Manchester United. Players don't leave if they want to. They leave if the club wants them to. (Or Wooders give them £300k contracts just to make sure).

Manager

That team would be suited for Serie A, but not BPL. Way too slow and narrow, need some quick wide players.

Has De Jong become more offensively minded at Milan? He barely left the halfway line at City and never passed forward. Having both him and Carrick would be Mancini-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom