• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

I've had the urge to do that but resisted lol

Last episode was great. Touching ending, so many feels :(

I watched the episode review and the reviewer goes into detail on all the links and references Meruem and Komugi have to the board game they were playing. Really highlights how brilliant a writer Togashi is. Check it out if you haven't already. Think it was called "lightning review" or something.

Yeah 1 more arc but manga readers were saying there will be roughly 12-15 episode left.

I'd prefer to wait than get a year long filler.

Plus I need to watch Cowboy Bebop. Loved Samurai Chanploo and some day CB was better than that.

---

Farid you should post more!

Too busy Job hunting. I am actually considering asking for a ban again, but I really love the discussion going at the Alt-Rock/Indie thread, so I won't be posting here alot unfortunately.

But Yeah, HxH have already exceeded my expectation. I didn't like the King character at first, since he appeared to be a very one dimensional person with only 1 stubborn ideology, which made him quite frankly a boring character, but as of the last few episode, he grew on me alot more because of his human evolution within him which evoked certain exploration on emotional psychology and philosophy that just made me think constantly. Didn't like the butterfly dude though, he was a constant annoyance until the end. Very emotional end last Episodes and yes, Togashi is a genius.

I am not reading the Manga either, even though I have been told that the Art is infinitely better this time around, but I am an Anime kind of dude, Manga's never clicked with me, except for the amazing Naoki Uraswas ones. I rather wait, than reading teh manga or having fillers that just destroy the image of the series.... The movies are enough as it is.

I am gonna be sad when the current Arc ends :(

wedward

Can't speak for the others, but I thought Ozil was a shit player (relatively to the hype / price) long before he joined Arsenal.

He cost Madrid 15 million and went on to assist more goals than anyone else in the world over a 3 year period...

You have a bad opinion.

faridmon

The fuuuuuck? How have you let yourself go this long without watching Bebop? My god.

I haven't watched it either. I wan't an Anime fan when it came out and by the time I became a supporter of the medium, I was caught up with newer stuff each season and haven't had the chance to watch it.

One day though, one day!

K1LLER7

Too busy Job hunting. I am actually considering asking for a ban again, but I really love the discussion going at the Alt-Rock/Indie thread, so I won't be posting here alot unfortunately.

But Yeah, HxH have already exceeded my expectation. I didn't like the King character at first, since he appeared to be a very one dimensional person with only 1 stubborn ideology, which made him quite frankly a boring character, but as of the last few episode, he grew on me alot more because of his human evolution within him which evoked certain exploration on emotional psychology and philosophy that just made me think constantly. Didn't like the butterfly dude though, he was a constant annoyance until the end. Very emotional end last Episodes and yes, Togashi is a genius.

I am not reading the Manga either, even though I have been told that the Art is infinitely better this time around, but I am an Anime kind of dude, Manga's never clicked with me, except for the amazing Naoki Uraswas ones. I rather wait, than reading teh manga or having fillers that just destroy the image of the series.... The movies are enough as it is.

I am gonna be sad when the current Arc ends :(
At least come back for the start of the season then. You need to annoy Liverpool-Gaf as an Everton fan. Also Good luck with the job hunt mate :)

Hunter X Hunter: I agree with you in that they shouldn't go into fillers. King's character development has been great throughout and his moments with Komugi were used well to take us away from everything else that was going on before and during the attack. In the end it was sad to see the King go but Togashi nailed that ending. Having Gon and Killua take a lesser role this time didn't take anything away from the arc for me. Everybody had their own interesting side stories and each ended brilliantly in their own ways. Pouf and his rejection. Pitou and brutal battering. King and his final moments with Komugi :(

I like that each arc has varied quite vastly from one another and it's not just standard Shonen "MC gains new power - beats villain > rinse and repeat". Hope Togashi keeps this up. Also looking forward to seeing what they do with Gon after his transformation. Hopefully they shed some light on what happened to him next episode.

Suen

Is it good? I'm watching this anime called Broken Blade right now. It has mechs.
I read the manga of that two years ago, it was ok. Stopped somewhere and I got to know it was on a long hiatus so I just said fuck it and forgot it. I did watch the OVAs of it though (not the new one from this year) and they removed one of the coolest fucking fights from the manga that I told it to fuck off and stopped watching it.

Basically: I want to like it, but I fucking hate it.

edit: just to be clear I'm talking about broken shit.

Meier

Is it good? I'm watching this anime called Broken Blade right now. It has mechs.

Definitely. I don't watch anime really any more.. but I did watch Watanabe's two recent series since he's the best thing in TV anime history IMO. Kids on the Slope was really great but Space Dandy was kind of a pile of shit to be honest. Bebop is a million times better than it.

I can't recommend Bebop enough. It's so good.. and the movie is just next level awesome. I tried to watch the series again recently but it isn't on any legal streaming service and I never did buy the DVDs back in the day (I do have the movie on DVD). I'd kill for the series on Blu-Ray. Google tells me it's supposed to release some time this year finally.. we'll see I guess.

8eQpAYr.gif

Zabojnik

"#GdS predicts that the Colombian player Moggi tweeted that Juventus have already signed is Eder Balanta. #FMlegend"

Well, alright then.

God this place is dead! Let me wake it up a bit!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845474.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DARK SOULS II -- MB-7FFABCD4C8D3ECCD
GRID: AUTOSPORT BLACK EDITION -- MB-86C0FD2F5CA70412

t1404202338z1.png

Steam keys obviously, please don't grab these keys and sell them or give them to friends please! I don't care if it stays in you backlog forever!

Tubie

So who would pay 50m for di Maria? In a perfect world that would be too high a price tag for him, but in the inflated market we live in I think that's a fair price.

I would actually support this sale, if it means us getting Hamas.

jtb

Banned
Di Maria is a good, proven player. 50m is a bit much, but 40m (Ozil's price basically) would be fair I think, especially given how he's stepped up his game this season. it would be stupid for Madrid to get rid of him (he basically carried Madrid in the CL final) now, imo, but I guess that's what everyone said about Ozil too. I don't see the urgency the break up a team that just won the CL; basically cutting their nose to spite their face.

jtb

Banned
Wouldn't be a bad signing but could do a lot better I feel given the price he'd cost.

I agree. also I'm a bit skeptical of reuniting too many players from the same team, seems counterintuitive. Mou's Madrid was a good team, not a great one. not convinced that just rolling the dice on a Khedira/Ozil midfield again would yield particularly different (or better) results, would rather go for someone younger and/or cheaper. Schneiderlin, Bender type would be ideal imo.

jtb

Banned
also if Suarez's price is in the 60-65m range, that's a bargain for whichever club gets him (I assume Barca?). shame about last summer, we could have used the cunt. would have been nice to test Liverpool's resolve a bit more but, ah well. on to Sanchez!

The Sun says we are back in for Vermaelen (hope not)

Also the Star says;

"Manchester United have received a boost in their quest to sign Arturo Vidal with the Chile midfielder stating he would rather move to Old Trafford than any other club."

I have no idea where they got that from.

and finally the Fail says 7m for de Vrij.

None of this will happen.

jtb

Banned
did LVG coach Vermaelen or something? have no idea why he would ever want him otherwise, he's terrible (and the truth is, he's been overrated and pretty bad since day one at Arsenal)

did LVG coach Vermaelen or something? have no idea why he would ever want him otherwise, he's terrible (and the truth is, he's been overrated and pretty bad since day one at Arsenal)

I have no idea why we are being linked to him apart from having prem experience which isn't bad when you need a CB to perform from day one.

But it's Vermaelen.

spidye

seems like kroos is on his way to real

bwahahahaha

bye bitch

I'm in love with neuer
seriously milch admit it. you're in love too

admit it!!!

I can't believe Suarez's buyout clause is only £65m, with no stipulation that it doesn't count if we're in the CL. That is stupidly low. At the time he signed it he'd scored 20 goals in 16 games or somesuch. The buyout clause is supposed to be higher than a player's worth if anything, not lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom