• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
also if Suarez's price is in the 60-65m range, that's a bargain for whichever club gets him (I assume Barca?). shame about last summer, we could have used the cunt. would have been nice to test Liverpool's resolve a bit more but, ah well. on to Sanchez!
Nope. Glad we didn't get him. The Madrid and Barca links would still be there even if he signed for us, he'd still get banned and he'd still be a cunt.

I was very upset we blew the chance last season but he got himself banned again, he signed a long term deal but still wants out and that won't change if he was our player. He has to go to Madrid or Barca. He won't be happy otherwise.

spidye

5d628d49-2911-41a2-ab64-9f28a48f0da8.jpg

2975cf12-7d57-4cc9-9a02-7d8025ce8b8c.jpg

Manuel Neuer heat map
BraQUO8IYAAPv_A.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for PrematureQuiche:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845474.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

DARK SOULS II -- MB-7FFABCD4C8D3ECCD - Taken by Xpike. 6 entrants total.
GRID: AUTOSPORT BLACK EDITION -- MB-86C0FD2F5CA70412 - Taken by kharma45. 3 entrants total.

t1404202338z1.png

guys please wake up, there isn't long left!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't believe Suarez's buyout clause is only £65m, with no stipulation that it doesn't count if we're in the CL. That is stupidly low. At the time he signed it he'd scored 20 goals in 16 games or somesuch. The buyout clause is supposed to be higher than a player's worth if anything, not lower.

Ayre gonna Ayre

Anyway seems Ben Davies to Spurs is a cert, they just signed a new LB yesterday.

The way Neuer charges around sooner rather than later he's gonna slip up and it's gonna cost the Germans big time, he's a ticking time bomb of fail.

jtb

Banned
I can't believe Suarez's buyout clause is only £65m, with no stipulation that it doesn't count if we're in the CL. That is stupidly low. At the time he signed it he'd scored 20 goals in 16 games or somesuch. The buyout clause is supposed to be higher than a player's worth if anything, not lower.

sounds very likely that he had a verbal agreement with the club that he would quit the strike, apologize, etc. last summer and play one more season as long as he was sold the next season. not unlike what happened with Ronaldo (who didn't go on strike, but still... signed a new contract that season iirc then transfered almost immediately after the CL final, had to be pre-arranged) or Modric (no Chelsea, go to Madrid instead). Or even Fabregas—Wenger didn't even seem to try to convince him to stay that final summer and he even went on his own little mini-strike (didn't go on pre-season tour).

plus, 65m isn't that unreasonable considering his buyout clause before was 40m. Suarez held all the leverage in this scenario—if Liverpool didn't insert a relatively affordable buyout clause, why would Suarez sign a new deal?

in short, fuck Barca/Madrid

Nope. Glad we didn't get him. The Madrid and Barca links would still be there even if he signed for us, he'd still get banned and he'd still be a cunt.

I was very upset we blew the chance last season but he got himself banned again, he signed a long term deal but still wants out and that won't change if he was our player. He has to go to Madrid or Barca. He won't be happy otherwise.

That's a good point. if he's quitting on Liverpool after the great season they've just had, hard to see Suarez seeing Arsenal as anything other than a short one or two year stepping stone.

Feorax

Where did this come from? The Echo have always reported it to be north of £80m (£100m for domestic clubs).

Wouldn't be surprised if he wants out of Barca in a couple of years' time when he realises that Messi is the main man.

He's too good for me to want his career to go down the toilet, but I won't be too bothered if he never wins anything.

At least he's going abroad I guess, even though he wanted to go to Arsenal. Torres going to Chelsea broke my heart. He was the worthy icon who never gave us an inkling that he'd do something like that. Even so, I'm disappointed that he's ended up like this. He was so good, and he'll just be remembered for winning Euro2008, winning the Golden Boot in Euro 2012 with like 3 pointless goals, and being a flop for Chelsea.

spidye

The way Neuer charges around sooner rather than later he's gonna slip up and it's gonna cost the Germans big time, he's a ticking time bomb of fail.

even if he slips once he saved germany's ass a thousand times yesterday.
they can thank him for the quarter final.

even if he slips once he saved germany's ass a thousand times yesterday.
they can thank him for the quarter final.

Yep

Without Neuer doing that you either

a) Let them have 4 one-on-ones with him or
b) Let Mertesacker's limits drag the entire team down, and play the defensive line 15 yards further back

You can't have Mertesacker, a high line and a keeper unwilling to charge outside his box, or even start outside the box

Lightning

Banned
Yep

Without Neuer doing that you either

a) Let them have 4 one-on-ones with him or
b) Let Mertesacker's limits drag the entire team down, and play the defensive line 15 yards further back

You can't have Mertesacker, a high line and a keeper unwilling to charge outside his box, or even start outside the box
Arsenal done that all the time. Arsenal defended a high line very often and we were defensively not bad aside from the obvious games and it wasn't Mertesacker or high line that caused that. Szczesny doesn't rush out all that often either and usually when he does he fucks it up. Lol

@Quiche: I'm going for Dark Souls II. Thanks btw!

--

It's finally over. Our worst season it's finally over. Which also means that Emanuelson, Coppola, Amelia and Allegri are no longer Milan players/whatever they were. Also, Taarabt, Rami and Silvestre loans have expired. Rami will probably sign a contract with us in the next few days: we've been postponing it because of Valencia's new owner, he's taking his time.

--

Apparently, Milan and Juve won't play the Trofeo Berlusconi this summer. Juve will be on tour abroad during that timeframe. Too bad, I wanted to go to Casa Milan in the afternoon and then to the game the same night. Oh well, I guess I'll go there in September.

Tubie

Don't let the hype get to you.

He is good, not 65 good.

ModBot 3 said:
Xpike claimed your DARK SOULS II key. There were 6 entrants.
kharma45 claimed your GRID: AUTOSPORT BLACK EDITION key. There were 3 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

well that was depressing low haha! Congrats guys! enjoy the game!

Arnie

You're fools if you believe Suarez's release clause is £60-£65 million.

Willing to do an avatar bet that it isn't.

Reckon I'll get no takers.

rossonero

Good, we don't want any more long term injuries ffs

Umberto Gandini said:
@Milanello not correct. The deal with Juventus expired and the Trofeo Berlusconi will be played during the season with another top club

No more Trofeo between Juve and Milan it seems. I guess it will be a game against a team not in the Europe ( Man Utd hello?) because it will be during the season. Or maybe he means that it will be played during the winter break.

Gambit

since Bayern have been missing out on the transfer muppetry so far, I am going to recount to you this little tidbit I just read. Some guy actually claims Vidal could go to Bayern in exchange for Shaquiri.
lol, I wonder if these "journalists" actually believe that shit they make up.

Best results from yesterday: Germany move on and Mustafi is out.

No more Trofeo between Juve and Milan it seems. I guess it will be a game against a team not in the Europe ( Man Utd hello?) because it will be during the season. Or maybe he means that it will be played during the winter break.

Oh great, we'll pick up injuries. If it goes back to what it was like in the first few years, when we played against Real Madrid, Inter and Bayern Munich, I wouldn't mind. Still, that was a classic match in the summer, it's a shame they didn't renew the deal. It was also the first game I've ever seen live at San Siro and I would've brought two San Siro virgins there with me this summer :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
since Bayern have been missing out on the transfer muppetry so far, I am going to recount to you this little tidbit I just read. Some guy actually claims Vidal could go to Bayern in exchange for Shaquiri.
lol, I wonder if these "journalists" actually believe that shit they make up.

Best results from yesterday: Germany move on and Mustafi is out.
Straight swap? Why, is Shaqiri worth 200 billion too? ;*

Gambit

Straight swap? Why, is Shaqiri worth 200 billion too? ;*

I assume they meant Shaquiri + money for Vidal's flight. Surely that should be enough, right?

Who knows, maybe Shaq-attack will oust Messi tonight and it'll all make sense.

Mastadon

Banned
Why would Robben ever consider Liverpool? As long as he's in his prime it's not very likely he'll trade in Bayern for anything less than a constant CL contender.

We're not in for him now! According to Carragher, we put in a bid before the CL final against Dortmund as he wasn't a first team regular.

@Shattner - The Echo are usually good with Liverpool transfer stuff.

fuenf

Seriously Bayern/GermanyGAF what has happened to Götze? Did the injury fuck him up, was he Pepped? Or has he basically been Dortmund's Kroos all along and nobody realized it because of all the Dortmund hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom