• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I know some people are a bit ambivalent about Lallana, but I'm excited. Talented lad and can play in multiple positions.
I'm very happy with the signing. Versatile, adds some good attacking depth (for once) but is good enough to play in the first 11.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool are doing good business, Lambert, Lallana and Can all make the team better. They really need some defenders though, seems like by the end of the window they could have 6 or 7 new players.

Cuntish quote from Lallana:

“Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now.”

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Adrien Rabiot is coming to Juve too. How good is he?

This is the 2nd PSG player we're stealing in this window, it's just personal now, isn't it?

Rabiot's mother/agent "PSG has disappointed me because they do not focus on young home-grown players."

"We seek a project in which my son can play a central role, in Paris or elsewhere."

he's not fucking leaning

Brc0gRrIYAAHJdW.jpg

I don't like his face.

Linius

The german tv commentator yesterday said he's never before seen Neuer do that. He's clueless, right? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen him play like that a couple times and thought it was so common that it's almost expected of him.

Oh, and Hi (Footy)Gaf! First post on this forum. Been lurking for years, though. My club is 3 times Austrian champion Sturm Graz, last title 2011. Sadly it all pretty much went downhill (again) since then, finished 5th last season in a 10-clubs league. We take pride in having the second best fanscene in Austria though. I was also a huge Juve fan when I was younger and cried my first tears of joy when they beat Real in the CL 02/03 semifinals. Still have sympathies for them, but get all my knowledge nowadays from you guys (Yurt, Zabo, pulga). Would love to get into them again, but I'm not sure if I still have it in me to follow a foreign club closely. And Serie A just doesn't seem that exciting to watch. It also doesn't help that whenever I've seen them play (internationally) over the recent years, they were ranging from disappointing to outright terrible. Hoping for Sanchez, I guess.

Redbull destroyed your league! Welcome.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Saw Dredd last night for the first time, actually pretty awesome, shame it made so little.

Interested to see how Lallana does at Liverpool, not fully convinced personally.

Ushojax

Saw Dredd last night for the first time, actually pretty awesome, shame it made so little.

It's decent but IMO it plagiarised too much from the Raid. I guess it kept the budget down setting it in that one tower block.

Liverpool are doing good business, Lambert, Lallana and Can all make the team better. They really need some defenders though, seems like by the end of the window they could have 6 or 7 new players.

Cuntish quote from Lallana:

What a bell.

Doesn't have to kick sand in Southampton's face while he bigs us up. And his beard's a disgrace, why on earth does Rodgers want to touch that straggly collection of pube-patches

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
but he changed the lives of many kids in Brazil by his mere presence

or was that another player? :lol

That was Lambert surely, im close to 30 and he made me believe I could play for England in 2018

Ushojax

Saints Web is going mental over Lallana's quotes about wanting to play for us last season
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It is an incredibly classless thing to say though, if that was my player I'd be going mental too. No need to piss on the club that made you a star.

How do you guys shave properly btw? I just use a normal razor, but no matter how long I spend doing it, even going against the grain, I have a 5 o'clock shadow

It is an incredibly classless thing to say though, if that was my player I'd be going mental too. No need to piss on the club that made you a star.

At least Chelsea having classy PR. This bit from the Cole farewell is nice.

Cole has had no reason to regret his switch across the capital, collecting winners' medals for the Champions League, the Premier League, the Europa League, the League Cup, the Community Shield and the FA Cup four times, taking him to his all-time record seven wins in that competition's long history. Arsenal without Cole did not lift silverware until this year's FA Cup final

Mastadon

Banned

The quote is taken out of context in fairness:

"Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started"

Have you seen the Saint's official statement? It's like three lines long :lol

Clearly some animosity between club and player.

WJD

How do you guys shave properly btw? I just use a normal razor, but no matter how long I spend doing it, even going against the grain, I have a 5 o'clock shadow

Whenever I shave (which is rarely) I just do it twice; once with the grain and then one against.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what kinda normal razor? For a clean shaven look I use Gillette's fusion (FIVE blades) and

ph-limited-boss-edition-seires-7-790cc-x-cdn-en-1.jpg

Pennywise

The angle you're holding the razor is really important and I'm doing it against the grain.
I usually get the razors you're throwing away after you used them once, I keep them for my armpits or balls afterwards.

Ushojax

Hey I recognise that doctor, I think he was the idiot who did Jonathan Woodgate's medical with us.

Afternoon, yo. Where's my new CB, Ush??

Well Hector Moreno broke his leg so it's not going to be him. I guess we will compete for Lovren and if not him then we'll probably just re-sign Caulker.

Wilbur

Banned
Hard to criticise the Lallana price too much when Jake Livermore is going for fucking 8m.

Gerrard/Can
Henderson/Allen
Lallana/Coutinho

Is a good set of midfielders.

Afternoon, yo. Where's my new CB, Ush??

Sell us Chvrches pls

what kinda normal razor? For a clean shaven look I use Gillette's fusion (FIVE blades) and

ph-limited-boss-edition-seires-7-790cc-x-cdn-en-1.jpg

Just a basic Gillette, even with new blades it doesn't feel like a clean shave. Used to use a Fusion but it wasn't much better. It's not much of a problem, but if I was to do something formal I'd like to look like I'd shaved that day, rather than the day before :p

Hayley McQueen looks like she's had botox or something

Ushojax

That's him, Zaf Iqbal. Our injury record has been so much better in the past few years.

Meanwhile ours has got even worse. We sign as many tissue-paper players as Arsenal these days.

Scum

Come on Argentina. For the sake of my sweepstake!

Well Hector Moreno broke his leg so it's not going to be him. I guess we will compete for Lovren and if not him then we'll probably just re-sign Caulker.

I wouldn't mind having Caulker back, tbh.

The_Hitcher89 said:
Sell us Chvrches pls
Nevah. You can have Dawson, though.

Wait, just realised that Suarez going means I won't have to hear that shitty Depeche Mode song again. With that in mind, a straight swap for Sanchez will do

WJD

Speaking of beards, is it ever wise to go to an interview with some well maintained stubble as opposed to clean shaven? I ask because my perceived age changes dramatically from like 14 (clean) to 25 (trimmed stubble) depending on the status of my beard.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just a basic Gillette, even with new blades it doesn't feel like a clean shave. Used to use a Fusion but it wasn't much better.

that can't be right! Going from two blades to five makes a massive difference!

Speaking of beards, is it ever wise to go to an interview with some well maintained stubble as opposed to clean shaven? I ask because I my perceived age changes dramatically from like 14 (clean) to 25 (trimmed stubble) depending on the status of my beard.

I don't think it matters, as long as you look sleek and tidy :p

Ushojax

Speaking of beards, is it ever wise to go to an interview with some well maintained stubble as opposed to clean shaven? I ask because I my perceived age changes dramatically from like 14 (clean) to 25 (trimmed stubble) depending on the status of my beard.

Depends on how good-looking you are. If you're Jay Spearing it will never be appropriate, if you're Andrea Pirlo then it would be foolish to shave it off.

Scum

"Lallana's Beard" sounds like a location in Baldur's Gate

loool

As long as is trim and proper, mate, you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom