• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome guys! It's actually kind of weird stumbling into such a tight clique full of its own idiosyncracies and inside jokes. You seem like a nice bunch though, even though pulga regularly irritates the fuck out of me. ;)

It was Bela Rethy. The guy pretty much is the worst.

Yeah, I knew he was bad but I just couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say that. Still, when the germans play it's just more interesting to watch german tv and how they talk/report about their national team.

as for Serie A, Juve games are almost always exciting and filled with fabulous goals

I honestly wouldn't even know how to watch their Serie A games. They're not shown here on tv, either free or pay tv, and I just can't be bothered to struggle through shitty livestreams on a weekly basis.

Redbull destroyed your league!

Hmm, I don't know. It's still too early to say. It sure was rough for the rest last season, but it was actually just the second time after 06/07 that they left the others with no chance. And if they keep performing well internationally and get more people into their stadiums they could prove benefitial for the whole league. It's definitely not their fault for all the rest's failures and nepotisms. And it's not like they just buy their rivals best players or neglect young Austrain talents, so there's that. The first few years it sure seemed like nothing but a new toy/marketing venture for Red Bull boss Mateschitz, and it probably still is, but over the recent years with their commitment to one coaching staff, the appointment of Ralf Rangnick as sporting director and a healthy youth section, it became clear that they want to be taken seriously as an actual football club first and foremost.
But maybe it's all delusions and RB really are the worst and I'm just thrilled to see an Austrian club perform really well internationally again. In any case, it's gonna be quite interesting in the coming years.

Thanks for the welcome guys! It's actually kind of weird stumbling into such a tight clique full of its own idiosyncracies and inside jokes. You seem like a nice bunch though, even though pulga regularly irritates the fuck out of me. ;)

Yeah, I knew he was bad but I just couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say that. Still, when the germans play it's just more interesting to watch german tv and how they talk/report about their national team.

I honestly wouldn't even know how to watch their Serie A games. They're not shown here on tv, either free or pay tv, and I just can't be bothered to struggle through shitty livestreams on a weekly basis.

Hmm, I don't know. It's still too early to say. It sure was rough for the rest last season, but it was actually just the second time after 06/07 that they left the others with no chance. And if they keep performing well internationally and get more people into their stadiums they could prove benefitial for the whole league. It's definitely not their fault for all the rest's failures and nepotisms. And it's not like they just buy their rivals best players or neglect young Austrain talents, so there's that. The first few years it sure seemed like nothing but a new toy/marketing venture for Red Bull boss Mateschitz, and it probably still is, but over the recent years with their commitment to one coaching staff, the appointment of Ralf Rangnick as sporting director and a healthy youth section, it became clear that they want to be taken seriously as an actual football club first and firemost.
But maybe it's all delusions and RB really are the worst and I'm just thrilled to see an Austrian club perform really well internationally again. In any case, it's gonna be quite interesting in the coming years.
Dont worry pulga is #going after the World Cup.

Scum

5YRcF.gif
5YRcF.gif

Wilbur

Banned

:looool brilliant. Welcome man, enjoy your stay

L1NETT

Do we declare the Year of Moyeezus over today? Or wait until the end of the World Cup?

Maybe the WC will be shit from now on because the year is over :(

Wait till the end of the WC I reckon

Then Gaalmania or whatever you tubes are going to prattle on about beings :p

Jarnet87

Do we declare the Year of Moyeezus over today? Or wait until the end of the World Cup?

Maybe the WC will be shit from now on because the year is over :(

Considering the madness that is happening at the World Cup, it's safe to say the year of Moyesus is still in effect. It ends when Leo Messi lifts that World Cup trophy.

I'm getting it off the US store for essentially £30 :D

The old gang are getting back together! Hixx, Kyoufu, Quiche are getting it.

Even less reason to get it

Fucking Hixx turtling around in his OP body-armour while Quiche peppers arrows at you like a little cunt. Fuck that :p

Talk me through what I have to do to get it from the US store pls

Hixx
Kyoufu
PQ
Willkiller
FW
Diablo Rosso
FootballFan if he doesn't lag like a bitch
Potentially me
Potentially Sleepless

Hmm, tempting. You getting it, K1LLER7 Mk.1 ?

Even less reason to get it

Fucking Hixx turtling around in his OP body-armour while Quiche peppers arrows at you like a little cunt. Fuck that :p

Talk me through what I have to do to get it from the US store pls

:lol you cunt

Anyway, you can buy PSN cards from Amazon.com easily. I'll make a good guide soon for anyone else that wants to do this too.

What about sleepless?

Think he said he's getting it.

And this time I can play. Finally.

YES WILL

Bumhead

Banned
Pre Season starts today

Exciting times

Just over a month away now

Any signings for Bradford yet?

Our squad is terrifyingly threadbare. Still waiting for Football League approval of Mammadov's takeover. We appear to be in limbo until then. We are screwed unless it gets sorted within the next couple of weeks.

/PANIC MODE

Hixx
Kyoufu
PQ
Willkiller
FW
Diablo Rosso
Sleepless
Pennwise
luxthingymabob
Carbo
Potentially me

Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If I buy it and you bells drop the MP after like 2 days I'll crack your heads together like a Newton's Cradle

Manager

Redcafe brought up Matt Jensen in the Lallana thread, and I had to look him up, FM (CM) legend.

What a shitload of lack of luck.

His performances at Carlisle had heads turning in higher leagues and he turned down the chance to join Manchester United before signing for then Premier League side Crystal Palace in 1998 for £1 million.

A motorcycle accident in Rome, Italy during the summer of 2002 nearly killed Jansen and long-term hospitalisation followed (he spent six days in a coma). In the seasons after the accident he struggled to regain his place in the Blackburn side which led to him being loaned to Coventry City in 2003,[2] where he scored 2 goals in 9 appearances. He made another attempt to force his way into the Blackburn team at the start of the 2004–05 season, scoring 2 goals in 8 appearances. However, it was felt that he had still not recovered mentally from the accident and was struggling to cope with the pressures of Premier League football. As a result, Blackburn decided it best for him take another break from football and sent him to visit a sports psychiatrist in the USA.

Jansen played 6 times for the England U-21 team without scoring. In 2002 he was called up by Sven-Göran Eriksson to play for the senior squad, however due to a stomach bug caught from his nephew he had to pull out from the squad. Jansen later revealed that Eriksson had informed him the night before a friendly with Paraguay that he would start; however the stomach bug prevented this. He was also expected to go to the 2002 World Cup; he was even invited to David Beckham's send off party and had his competition suit measured, but Eriksson ultimately decided to take defender Martin Keown instead.[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Jansen

Apparently played in the Conference division since 2009. Anyone remember him? Huge talent, if I remember correctly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barcelona ds Zubizarreta "Pogba & Vidal? We know them well, but they're playing for Juventus FC and are NOT on our agenda."

No worries, we'll hook you up with the best ULTRA HD streams for the biggest Juve games ;p

Carbonox

Hixx
Kyoufu
PQ
Willkiller
FW
Diablo Rosso
Sleepless
Pennwise
Potentially me

Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If I buy it and you bells drop the MP after like 2 days I'll crack your heads together like a Newton's Cradle

I'm on it as well. Never played the PS3 multiplayer.

Kikarian

Redcafe brought up Matt Jensen in the Lallana thread, and I had to look him up, FM (CM) legend.

What a shitload of lack of luck.

Apparently played in the Conference division since 2009. Anyone remember him? Huge talent, if I remember correctly.
Yeah. Currently plays for Chorley now.

L1NETT

Any signings for Bradford yet?

Our squad is terrifyingly threadbare. Still waiting for Football League approval of Mammadov's takeover. We appear to be in limbo until then. We are screwed unless it gets sorted within the next couple of weeks.

/PANIC MODE

Right happy with our gets so far.

Billy Clarke, Alan Sheenan, Gary Liddle and Billy Knott

Still need a couple more but positive stuff. Still think Blades and Brizzle will walk it though. Playoff push should be our aim imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom