• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Why is Pirlo the posterboy for footballer's beards?

xabi-alonso-beard-djnd914r.jpg

Because that one is fucking ginger

WJD

Cheers lads, I'll keep the beard.

Also, loads of Portuguese papers linking us with Carvalho again. Not entirely sure where they're sourcing their information from though.

TeddyBoy

Liverpool are doing good business, Lambert, Lallana and Can all make the team better. They really need some defenders though, seems like by the end of the window they could have 6 or 7 new players.

I am a little concerned that we could be signing so many players this window. We saw it affect you last year with replacing Bale and other Spurs' regulars with so many new players which significantly changed your starting eleven. Your new players barely knew each other and made your starting few games with AVB worse (on reflection, I don't fully know how much if this is just AVB's fault though).

Ideally we'll have most of these new players in by preseason and they can take to time to know each other and be ready for the start of the season, the first few games I imagine will be a combination of last seasons players with a few new faces to ease them in slowly (Lallana being a good bet as he'll know a fair bit of the squad from England duty).

Cuntish quote from Lallana:

That's disappointing from Lallana, he was Southampton's captain and should be leaving there with his goals from last season as his lasting impression, not quotes like these.

I look forward to seeing Spurs this season Usho, I think you'll be quite the dark horses this year. AVB and sherwood have made people under estimate the strength of your squad quite a lot, if MoPo can get your team playing cohesively you'll do very well this year.

Wilbur

Banned
"The Badger"

keano1-630x472.png

He's being announced as Villa assistant soon I think. Surprises me he's willing to do that, shows a bit of humility and willingness to learn. Wonder if he'll ever make a great coach; did well at sunderland for a year or two.

Scum

I am a little concerned that we could be signing so many players this window. We saw it affect you last year with replacing Bale and other Spurs' regulars with so many new players which significantly changed your starting eleven. Your new players barely knew each other and made your starting few games with AVB worse (on reflection, I don't fully know how much if this is just AVB's fault though).

Ideally we'll have most of these new players in by preseason and they can take to time to know each other and be ready for the start of the season, the first few games I imagine will be a combination of last seasons players with a few new faces to ease them in slowly (Lallana being a good bet as he'll know a fair bit of the squad from England duty).

That's disappointing from Lallana, he was Southampton's captain and should be leaving there with his goals from last season as his lasting impression, not quotes like these.

I look forward to seeing Spurs this season Usho, I think you'll be quite the dark horses this year. AVB and sherwood have made people under estimate the strength of your squad quite a lot, if MoPo can get your team playing cohesively you'll do very well this year.

You'll be fine with your signings.

We already had him, Noob.
Welcome back, Bla.

Yen

He's being announced as Villa assistant soon I think. Surprises me he's willing to do that, shows a bit of humility and willingness to learn. Wonder if he'll ever make a great coach; did well at sunderland for a year or two.
He's probably a bit too nihilistic to make it.

L1NETT

He's only been at Ireland for 10 minutes.

And did well to pull em out the championship sure, I just dunno about him as a manager at all.

Nah, worst is right on the ridge of your lip. Hurts like fuck.

Tip of the tongue is WOAT

(Not sure if it's even a spot when that happens though, may be a wart of some other disgusting ailment)

Really looking forward to the Belgium match. Any chance of Origi starting?

pulga

Banned
Spanish press is a-buzz about Madrid letting go of Casillas and Lopez to bring in Navas and Casilla (no S pls)

Dont know how I feel about this. Diego Lopez doesnt deserve to be shown the door yet. Casillas is a more complicated matter.

Will Hughes has signed a contract extension. All set up for his £16m transfer to Spurs in 2016.

He got Suso'd, kind of. We grew unexpectedly in such a short amount of time, we no longer have room in the squad for players who can't be trusted to deliver now

Scum

Spanish press is a-buzz about Madrid letting go of Casillas and Lopez to bring in Navas and Casilla (no S pls)

Dont know how I feel about this. Diego Lopez doesnt deserve to be shown the door yet. Casillas is a more complicated matter.

Just get rid of Casillas. There'll be someone out there willing to pay a shitload for him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Best show on Netflix is ink master, its in the same vein as every elimnation show, people compete for 100,000 and the a few magazine endorsements. I dont have tattoos, I dont understand them per se, but this is great tv.

Mastadon

Banned
Best show on Netflix is ink master, its in the same vein as every elimnation show, people compete for 100,000 and the a few magazine endorsements. I dont have tattoos, I dont understand them per se, but this is great tv.

Nah, Pit Masters is the best. Competitive barbecuing at its finest.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Nah, Pit Masters is the best. Competitive barbecuing at its finest.

I dont think there is any genre this show format doesnt work in, its awesome. I will check this out.

now that's probably gonorrhoea

Not likely unless a prostitute has been rubbing her fanny on my Chupa Chups :(

We should be all over Lopez if he's available. I know people would rather stick with Mignolet and see if he can improve from last season, but it'd be silly to let a potential oppurtunity like that pass by. Lopez is boss.

K1LLER7

Not likely unless a prostitute has been rubbing her fanny on my Chupa Chups :(

We should be all over Lopez if he's available. I know people would rather stick with Mignolet and see if he can improve from last season, but it'd be silly to let a potential oppurtunity like that pass by. Lopez is boss.
Check your PM :)

Smart kid

Also, Tom Ince in talks with Hull

From going to Milan to going to Hull: The Tom Ince Story

Dipshit needs to seperate his footballing life from his family life.

And by that, I mean he needs to tell his Dad to fuck off and either make his own decisions, or hire a proper agent, leeches that they are.

State of Decay made by Naughty Dog would be the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom