• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were in that phase of "selling your best player" where fans tell themselves they're in control.

The pain never fades.

Ronnie....you made a promise :(

Feorax

Were in that phase of "selling your best player" where fans tell themselves they're in control.

The pain never fades.

Ronnie....you made a promise :(

It's interesting, the big difference between the Modric/Ronaldo/Bale/Fabregas sagas is that there's a huge section of our fanbase (including myself) and a feeling within the club itself that we're more than happy to get rid as long as we get what we want out of the transfer. If we don't, he just rots in Kosovo until November, then we see if he's still any use whatsoever.

It's a stunningly straightforward transfer really. We'd like him gone for the right price, and he wants to go. The tapping up is utterly redundant.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Trapattoni: "if I was Balotelli's coach I'd treat him like I treated Strunz"

350x700px-LL-8624c07c_6f140359_1zqwxll.gif

Blair Adams has now left. We now have only 18 members of the first team; only 12 of which have had more than 5 first team appearances. Barton is crap and will probably leave at some point and we haven't sold Wilson yet. On the bright side 2/3rds of our first team are from our youth setup.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It's interesting, the big difference between the Modric/Ronaldo/Bale/Fabregas sagas is that there's a huge section of our fanbase (including myself) and a feeling within the club itself that we're more than happy to get rid as long as we get what we want out of the transfer. If we don't, he just rots in Kosovo until November, then we see if he's still any use whatsoever.

It's a stunningly straightforward transfer really. We'd like him gone for the right price, and he wants to go. The tapping up is utterly redundant.
Tbh I think that was quite similar for a lot of the transfers you've mentioned. Suarez obv is a bit of a nuisance to you - but that's what these clubs do with these deals. It starts to become a chore and takes the joy away from watching the players. In his last season Ronaldo clearly didn't want to be at United. A lot of fans were getting sick of his attitude and general demeanour. Obviously, everyone wanted to keep him really, but it becomes a constant story and you just get fed up of it.

La Liga pricks.

L1NETT

Blair Adams has now left. We now have only 18 members of the first team; only 12 of which have had more than 5 first team appearances. Barton is crap and will probably leave at some point and we haven't sold Wilson yet. On the bright side 2/3rds of our first team are from our youth setup.

You'll get some in, plenty of players knocking about without a club

Hope our youth gets some more games (Nial Heaton is a literal tank....how is that kid 18)

On the other hand....Milan Lalkovic hasn't got a club.....pls Parky

Meier

That dude Matuidi butchered has a fractured tibia and fibula. Unbelievable that he didn't get a straight red.

Lazio midfielder Ogenyi Onazi faces several months out with a fractured leg suffered in Nigeria's defeat to France at the World Cup on Monday.

The 21-year-old was stretchered off after a tackle from France's Blaise Matuidi during Nigeria's 2-0 defeat to Les Bleus in the last-16 tie in Brasilia.

Onazi was taken to a nearby hospital, and tests confirmed he has a fractured tibia and fibula in his left leg.

The Super Eagles star tweeted a photograph of his left leg in a cast and included a message that said: "Thanks to everyone for your prayers, will be fine by his grace.

"God Bless Nigeria."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...i-faces-several-months-out-with-fractured-leg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Tbh I think that was quite similar for a lot of the transfers you've mentioned. Suarez obv is a bit of a nuisance to you - but that's what these clubs do with these deals. It starts to become a chore and takes the joy away from watching the players. In his last season Ronaldo clearly didn't want to be at United. A lot of fans were getting sick of his attitude and general demeanour. Obviously, everyone wanted to keep him really, but it becomes a constant story and you just get fed up of it.

La Liga pricks.

Ronaldo gave us a year more than he needed to, he did everything for the club. As far as I am concerned he is a United legend. I cant fault anyone for going to their childhood loved club, so lonng as they go about it the right way. My folks were there when he came back with Real Madrid and the reception he got was stunning and deserved and hell get it every time he comes. Now Tevez...

Zabojnik

The german tv commentator yesterday said he's never before seen Neuer do that. He's clueless, right? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen him play like that a couple times and thought it was so common that it's almost expected of him.

Oh, and Hi (Footy)Gaf! First post on this forum. Been lurking for years, though. My club is 3 times Austrian champion Sturm Graz, last title 2011. Sadly it all pretty much went downhill (again) since then, finished 5th last season in a 10-clubs league. We take pride in having the second best fanscene in Austria though. I was also a huge Juve fan when I was younger and cried my first tears of joy when they beat Real in the CL 02/03 semifinals. Still have sympathies for them, but get all my knowledge nowadays from you guys (Yurt, Zabo, pulga). Would love to get into them again, but I'm not sure if I still have it in me to follow a foreign club closely. And Serie A just doesn't seem that exciting to watch. It also doesn't help that whenever I've seen them play (internationally) over the recent years, they were ranging from disappointing to outright terrible. Hoping for Sanchez, I guess.

Dear Shiera. Yes, we've had a rough few year after Farsopoli and are still trying to find our footing in Europe, but things have been improving (again) since we've built ourselves a new stadium, appointed a president that actually cares about the club and signed a GOAT manager. Serie A is fine and you'd be watching pretty much only Juve anyway and we've been pretty fun to follow these past three years, CL disappointments (well, this past season mostly, 2012/2013 we simply got Bayern'd) included. You've got to take to good with the bad, it's just how it is. Just start watching our matches again, post here and Juve-GAF will make sure you get treated properly. We have a direct line to moderator Wes, so if you want to see an anti-Juve cunt (*cough* Timurid *cough*) banned, just say the word and we'll make it happen, mafia-style. It's what Juve does, innit.

Just do it, you know you want to. Search your heart and find that inner zebra once again.

Ronaldo gave us a year more than he needed to, he did everything for the club. As far as I am concerned he is a United legend. I cant fault anyone for going to their childhood loved club, so lonng as they go about it the right way. My folks were there when he came back with Real Madrid and the reception he got was stunning and deserved and hell get it every time he comes. Now Tevez...
I don't disagree with most of that.

But it's no fun keeping a player, as good as he is, if he doesn't want to be there. 2009 should have been a great season for us with a dominant team and Ronaldo kicking on. It was still a good season of course but his future was a constant doubt and he really didn't play that well that season, or even try his best.

I disagree with the "needed to" bit. We didn't owe Ronaldo anything. At all. The opposite.

Korez

Juventus sign Sturaro

914d8cd2-3048-44d9-bba3-501ee13d2ae6.jpg

Stefano Sturaro has officially signed with Juventus. This was a deal we reported in previous days, and now the Genoa midfielder’s move is official. The transfer fee was 5 million euro, and the midfielder will remain at Genoa on loan. This was Genoa’s official announcement:”Genoa Cricket and Football Club announces it has sold to Juventis FC, the sporting rights to midfielder Stefano Sturaro on a permanent basis. The club has acquired on a temporary and free basis the right to his performances for the 2014/15 season”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IKKS_2LGes

http://www.juventus.com/juve/it/news/stefano+sturaro+nuovo+acquisto+juventus

Zabojnik

Juventus sign Sturaro

Stefano Sturaro has officially signed with Juventus. This was a deal we reported in previous days, and now the Genoa midfielder’s move is official. The transfer fee was 5 million euro, and the midfielder will remain at Genoa on loan. [...]

5 million euro

5 million euro

5 MILLION EURO

marottapriceisrightsmall.jpg

Truly the one and only king of the 5M€ transfer range.

Jarnet87

I don't disagree with most of that.

But it's no fun keeping a player, as good as he is, if he doesn't want to be there. 2009 should have been a great season for us with a dominant team and Ronaldo kicking on. It was still a good season of course but his future was a constant doubt and he really didn't play that well that season, or even try his best.

I disagree with the "needed to" bit. We didn't owe Ronaldo anything. At all. The opposite.

Fergie started losing the plot after 07-08. Dat Berbatov signing, da fuq were you doing Fergie.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus sign Sturaro

914d8cd2-3048-44d9-bba3-501ee13d2ae6.jpg

Stefano Sturaro has officially signed with Juventus. This was a deal we reported in previous days, and now the Genoa midfielder’s move is official. The transfer fee was 5 million euro, and the midfielder will remain at Genoa on loan. This was Genoa’s official announcement:”Genoa Cricket and Football Club announces it has sold to Juventis FC, the sporting rights to midfielder Stefano Sturaro on a permanent basis. The club has acquired on a temporary and free basis the right to his performances for the 2014/15 season”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IKKS_2LGes

http://www.juventus.com/juve/it/news/stefano+sturaro+nuovo+acquisto+juventus
5 million

FIVE MILLION

Our customary 5 million down the drain FFS×%2%×$×/%×/÷ Padoin, Peluso etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom