• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, will the US start to hate Football again or will they stick around and watch the rest of the games with us?

I'd prefer the latter.

US-only people? Well my friends started to enjoy the game watching them with me. They said they have more fun seeing my reactions since I'm a potty mouth. When Colombia scored against Uruguay I grabbed my friend and kissed him on the cheek and then started dancing.

So maybe they'll stick around if they have friends who are going for other teams as passionately as they were for US.

Welcome!

Always good to have another United fan and from Manchester! I live fairly close to OT too!

I'll let you know a little secret, Woodenlung loves United.

iwQ6hN9rwem6M.gif

I have more fun when my team is kicking ass playing together and has amazing players as well.

EVERYBODY JOIN ME IN THE COLOMBIA TRAIN.
lM09MZz.gif

SI SE PUEDE

JAMES DIGAS JAMES

I'm already on it bae. Well actually I'm on the Belgian train, then Costa Rican train... But Colombia is the third train I will take!

Croyles

The USA don't really have much else to cheer their nation on in, do they? Out of the other sports I can think of - basketball, American football, baseball - , the majority don't play them and I don't think they do world cups (?). And they don't play cricket and rugby I think.

It's only really the Olympics where they all get to cheer on their country against the rest of the world.

Yeah ur right I was just wondering if they (mostly the posters on gaf) will stick around for the rest.

fuenf

But who will be their Ivan Drago? The Russian team didn't star anyone like that.

Löw is gonna be the end of us all. And the more wrong games prove him, the more he doubles down.

When I saw Switzerland's organisation today, I wished we had Hitzfeld.

Really impressed by Wilmots too, we should be the ones playing like that... fuck me, Löw was probably the worst of all the round of 16 coaches. My only consolation is that either we win the cup or Löw will be gone. I could live with both outcomes, and no Löw means that they will have to talk Jupp / Gottmar out of retirement.

[IM]http://i.minus.com/iwQ6hN9rwem6M.gif[/IMG]

I'm already on it bae. Well actually I'm on the Belgian train, then Costa Rican train... But Colombia is the third train I will take!

What do you think this is? A sloppy second train?

No. Please get off at the next station. I don't care if you're going to visit your sick nana, get out.

Pennywise

Really impressed by Wilmots too, we should be the ones playing like that... fuck me, Löw was probably the worst of all the round of 16 coaches. My only consolation is that either we win the cup or Löw will be gone. I could live with both outcomes, and no Löw means that they will have to talk Jupp / Gottmar out of retirement.

Kinda sad, that every team today showed us, how beatiful a RB/LB can be...
Fuck Löw.

No seriously why the fuck Qatar?

The US has the infrastructure to fucking have the World Cup and not have it ruin its economy before and after it's done. Bring it over here. We also are organized as shit. The F1 track in Austin, on opening day, was fucking brilliantly managed and that had fans from all around the world.

Croyles

The US has the infrastructure to fucking have the World Cup and not have it ruin its economy before and after it's done. Bring it over here. We also are organized as shit. The F1 track in Austin, on opening day, was fucking brilliantly managed and that had fans from all around the world.

I agree. The US would be a much better place to host the World Cup. Fucking ridiculous.

fuenf

and the amount of sponsorship possibilities / tv deals has to outweigh all the bribes Qatar can come up with. I just cant understand it. fucking Platini.

So, will the US start to hate Football again or will they stick around and watch the rest of the games with us?

I'd prefer the latter.

I'm sure a large amount will drop off. It's done so for the past three WCs (could be more, but those are the only three where I was cognizant of public awareness), and I imagine it will do so for a fourth. It's still growing however, with many more people paying attention than before. Seattle is insane about soccer, so at least my coworkers and fellow city goers will be following it.

Pain in the ass though watching EPL games without a DVR/TiVo. 5am or so on the weekend, ouch.

Marc

The USA had a world cup not that long ago, Australia ahead of both.

They had their chance and got Diana fucking Ross, waste.

I don't want to go to Australia.

I'd like to not have a chance to be killed by every animal that looks at me.

Even them cuddly Koalas. First they're staring at you and then they start screaming and moving faster than a fucking tazmanian devil as they cut your face up and eat your flesh Suarez style.

Pennywise

There are so many countries that could easily host it.
Australia, USA, England, Italy (would be a good reason to get the stadiums up to modern standards), Japan/South Korea, Germany, Mexico.

Belgium let them in. The US wouldn't of even been in the round of 16 had teams put the full press on them for 90 minutes. Portugal absolutely dominated them in the first 15 minutes and backed off like fools. Ghana were really the only team to truly pressure USA all game and they just feel a bit short.

Portugal were shit. Ghana played better overall, but Portugal did not. They were lucky the match ended 2-2.

Thanks. I'm a MU fan! Not sure how well accepted that is around here. Used to live two blocks from their stadium way back.

A Man U fan who used to live in Manchester?

Got more time for you than someone who's closest link to the city is downing a pint of Boddingtons.

Gambit

Just spoke to my boss in Philadelphia, who watched the game with his wife. He is gutted, but loved it and found it incredibly exciting. It's happening.gif

Yea, Wilmots seems to be a really good coach. Just like the Algerian and basically all the others. We are the only team that has (so far) kept winning despite the coach's best efforts.

Kinda sad, that every team today showed us, how beatiful a RB/LB can be...
Fuck Löw.

Thought the same. So that's what pace AND defensive stablity looks like.

You'd need an Apollo Creed too.

Obviously Apollo Creed is Germany. A former enemy turned friend that will coach you to victory.

Marc

I don't want to go to Australia.

I'd like to not have a chance to be killed by every animal that looks at me.

Even them cuddly Koalas. First they're staring at you and then they start screaming and moving faster than a fucking tazmanian devil as they cut your face up and eat your flesh Suarez style.

Animal?

It's the spiders, jellyfish and forest fires you want to watch out for.

All of nature decided that humans must die in Australia, and yet life found a way.

Belgium have looked awful in attack until this match. Wilmots likes the players to have attacking freedom, but hasn't really gotten them going at all.

jtb

Banned
really curious to see who wins in Germany/France... both of them seem to be the strongest squads left in the tournament.

Wilmots hasn't gotten Belgium clicking yet. a better team, or even a more adventurous one, would have exploited all that space left in the midfield. didn't seem like Witsel and Fellaini knew what their roles were.

Portugal were shit. Ghana played better overall, but Portugal did not. They were lucky the match ended 2-2.

I really feel sorry for Ghana. They were a fun team to watch. It sucks that they have to get put in the group they were put in. I'd wouldn't argue against someone that said they were the second best team in the group.

Animal?

It's the spiders, jellyfish and forest fires you want to watch out for.

All of nature decided that humans must die in Australia, and yet life found a way.

Spiders and jellyfishs are animals marc, please understand. forest fires probably aren't though

Wilbur

Banned
really curious to see who wins in Germany/France... both of them seem to be the strongest squads left in the tournament.

Wilmots hasn't gotten Belgium clicking yet. a better team, or even a more adventurous one, would have exploited all that space left in the midfield. didn't seem like Witsel and Fellaini knew what their roles were.

Think France will have too much for Germany in midfield to be honest.

cremino

There are so many countries that could easily host it.
Australia, USA, England, Italy (would be a good reason to get the stadiums up to modern standards), Japan/South Korea, Germany, Mexico.

A good reason for bribes and corruption maybe....No thanks, we have bigger problems and legacy of the 1990 WC is pretty bad and the stadiums were all outdated or had problems just a few years after the WC

Wilbur

Banned
I'd berate you right now if I wasn't super worried about that match. Germany are gonna have to step up their game.

pls fuck u

Also need to stop playing scrubs like Mustafi
and Ozil
and Gotze

I'm watching the Belgium - USA highlights right now and fuck me, Belgium could've won 20-0

USA missed three or four golden chances as well to be honest. Match was absolutely brilliant.

cremino

Greek players refused to accept their WC bonuses and asked their FA to build a new training center for the national team with the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom