• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
BCQcZzJ.gif

anyway, Diego Costa huh? Is he good or just had a good season?

I think he's fantastic. Obviously not match fit and obviously doesn't fit into the Spain side, but a one of good season might be 15-20 goals. He got 35 in a title winning season. If he can stay injury free he'll be fantastic. Gonna cunt up the PL as well, love it.

EmiPrime

It's a poor start to the transfer window.

You what mate.

We needed a right back and Arsene has (probably) signed one who is keeping Sagna out of the French national team and has premiership experience.

There are probably other signings at advanced stages but this got out early, maybe leaked by someone at Newcastle.

Wilbur

Banned

I agree, it's underwhelming. But you can see why Wenger's gone for it. French, experienced, knows the league, won't be on massive wages. Surprised he starts over Sagna for France though.

Hertha are signing Schieber for 2M?!?!?!

looooooooool
enjoy 2Bundesliga

There's a Schalke fan in the WC thread. I tried to get him to join.

Kompany is probably the easiest person to hate in football after benoit assou-ekotto, Xabi Alonso and Mourinho.

No one cares Kompany. Go away.

:lol :lol

I don't mind Kompany, but I am fed up about hearing how many languages he can fucking speak.

wedward

It's probably the easiest deal to conclude.

Aurier is too big of a risk. We don't need a fullback who can't defend.

It's not the most exciting signing we have ever made, but then again fullbacks rarely are. There is plenty of time for us to announce more exciting signings.

FootballFan

:lol :lol

I don't mind Kompany, but I am fed up about hearing how many languages he can fucking speak.

Glad you agree. Those that disagree, in 10 years time Kompany will be the Michael Owen of today. Giving his opinion on things when nobody cares what he thinks.

Horseress

I think he's fantastic. Obviously not match fit and obviously doesn't fit into the Spain side, but a one of good season might be 15-20 goals. He got 35 in a title winning season. If he can stay injury free he'll be fantastic. Gonna cunt up the PL as well, love it.

great then, just what Chelsea needs! outta here Torres you cunt

You know I'm going to get emotional regardless of the result of Friday's match. If it's a good or a close win by Colombia, tears of happiness. Close loss tears of sadness. Bad loss I'll be like English fans prior to having their souls crushed. Then having it crushed. And turning into a husk of a man.

EmiPrime

I agree, it's underwhelming. But you can see why Wenger's gone for it. French, experienced, knows the league, won't be on massive wages. Surprised he starts over Sagna for France though.

I think Deschamps wants a starting XI that will play at Euro 2016. Sagna is older and if he is just backup for Zabaleta for two years he won't be good enough.

I'm going to try and make an effort to follow the bundesliga in addition to the EPL this year. Anyone know of a good way to pick a team?

Niceeeee. Definitely seen you in here before (I think), but welcome anyway man. Muppet over Sanchez with wedward if you want

Welcome m8.

Sorry to hear that mate. Keep your head up, wenger will work his magic.

Welcome Arse-bro.

Are you excited about Alexis Sanchez?

<3

Ty ty! I was excited about being top of the PL for a little bit last season but winning the FA Cup was a nice consolation prize being as it was their first piece of hardware in about a decade.

And regarding Sanchez, it's funny because I had Sanchez on Arsenal when I had Fifa 12 lol. I think he is definitely someone the team needs atm and it also helps that I believe Barcelona owes us money from the Cesc deal still.

Lightning

Banned
I personally don't feel he's better than Sagna or should be keeping Sagna out of the team. If the 11m fee is true then we've paid out the ass for the right back who has around 2-3 years at best left in him at peak condition. An expensive scenario that and unless there is a development plan for Jenkinson or Bellerin they won't develop on our bench or in our reserves playing reserve games.

Also feel people are getting ahead of themselves with Sanchez. I've yet to read 1 Arsenal related journalist confirm we're trying to get him. Veysey says we're interested but that's about it. Everything else is coming from sources outside the UK which makes me not believe them.

Lightning

Banned
So who's everyone's tip to make the semis?

Brazil vs Colombia
Germany vs France
Belgium vs Argentina
Costa Rica vs Netherlands

Some great potential in those games.

jtb

Banned
Debuchy... could do worse than sign an experienced international I suppose. Sagna is better than him though, should be starting for France. 10m is way too expensive but I'd rather spend it than not so w/e

I don't agree/understand the idea of using World Cups as platforms for future tournaments. you don't know how the squad will look like in four years, how players will develop, injuries, etc. you don't even know if you'll be there in four years. Bring and select the team that will best help you win and win now.

--

Quarterfinals prediction:
Colombia over Brazil (4-0)
France over Germany (2-1)
Argentina over Belgium (1-1, penalties)
Netherlands over Costa Rica (3-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom