• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

I had these today.

p8DZ4ub.png

Not great.

Yen

Liverpool step up interest in Southampton defender Dejan Lovren
Tony Barrett

Lallana signs but Anfield club plan new raid on St Mary’s

Brendan Rodgers wants Dejan Lovren to become the third Southampton player to move to Anfield this summer, after Lallana and Rickie Lambert. The Liverpool manager is also hoping to strike a deal with Chelsea for Ryan Bertrand after becoming frustrated with Seville’s refusal to lower their £20 million asking price for Alberto Moreno.

Plugging the holes in a defence that conceded 50 goals in 38 Barclays Premier League games last season has always been Rodgers’ summer priority, but Liverpool’s attempts to make progress on that front have thus far been thwarted, creating a situation that they will now aim to resolve in the coming weeks.

Lovren, who is also attracting strong interest from Tottenham Hotspur, has been identified as Liverpool’s main target as Rodgers seeks a centre back with the ability to give his defence the leadership qualities he felt it lacked at times last season.

Southampton are seeking in excess of £15 million for Lovren, who they signed for £8.5 million from Lyons 12 months ago, and Liverpool will now renew their bid to sign the Croatia defender after successfully concluding negotiations for Lallana.

A move for Bertrand is also being lined up, with Chelsea understood to value the left back at about £8 million. Rodgers is a long time admirer of the 24-year-old, having worked with him at Chelsea’s academy, and wanted to sign him on loan last January only for Aston Villa to secure the defender’s services on a temporary basis after José Mourinho ruled against him joining Liverpool.

Rodgers believes Bertrand represents superior value to Moreno and Chelsea are now understood to be willing to sanction a permanent move to Anfield as long as their valuation is matched. Liverpool are also confident of completing the signing of Divock Origi, the 19-year-old Belgium forward, from Lille after the World Cup finals and have registered their interest in Lazar Markovic, the Benfica and Serbia winger.

Such fevered transfer activity has led to speculation that a deal has already been struck with Barcelona for Luis Suárez, but Liverpool officials, although expecting a formal offer from the Catalan club, insist that no such agreement is in place.
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4135664.ece

Not sure how I feel about Bertrand. He played 38 games in 12/13, but only 13 in 13/14 (10 of those for Villa). Don't think he's better than Flanagan but might be better than Enrique or Johnson. If he helps shore up our defence, then sure, go for it if the price is reasonable.

With Lovren, I think we could go three at the back. But would Flanagan and Bertrand be good enough wingbacks? (Flanagan was fine at what was essentially LWB last year)

Hello Footy-GAF. I usually post in NHL-GAF and it's not like I can talk football with any of my friends on Facebook so I am joining you.

And I'll also announce that I've been an Arsenal supporter for a long time now so I'll see myself out with my shield.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Argentina will win this WC thanks to Messi in a final against Germany like in 1986

Hopefully. But the rest of the team need to step it up. LVG is more than capable of out thinking Sabella

Alright, you win. Tim Howard has made me a fan of football (and Everton because he plays for them.)

hnngggghhh

Where's Faridmon? Also you may want to rethink it because your scourge Lukaku also played for Everton

BUT SO DID LANDON DONOVAN #progress

about that shorty, isn't he the dude in love with a horse? I...wouldn't feel comfortable with him around

SHORTY IS A LADY

So it's acceptable

Just think of that meaty meaty cock

L1NETT

Hello Footy-GAF. I usually post in NHL-GAF and it's not like I can talk football with any of my friends on Facebook so I am joining you.

And I'll also announce that I've been an Arsenal supporter for a long time now so I'll see myself out with my shield.

Welcome

If I were you I'd take every Arsenal related post with the biggest pinch of salt you have ever seen

They are all mostly digital dribble

Rustlers chicken burgers are great.

Very loose definition of great

Can't hack em myself. Far easy to make a burger yourself.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't hack a Rustlers. Pot Noodles are still gr8 though

Also keen on Mug Shots, has anyone had them? Tomato pasta, just add water. Fucking heaven.

Niceeeee. Definitely seen you in here before (I think), but welcome anyway man. Muppet over Sanchez with wedward if you want

Don't worry, nobody here makes fun of Arsenal. We make fun of their players, their stadium, their manager and the club itself. But we never make fun of Arsenal. Now, onto some more important business

They look grim son. Rustlers anything is a no go

Had a Pukka Pie, Chips and Mushy peas for 2.50

Felt like a winner

What flavour pie was it? If it was chicken & mushroom I will slap you for your poor taste.

FootballFan

Welcome m8.

Sorry to hear that mate. Keep your head up, wenger will work his magic.

wedward

Welcome Arse-bro.

Are you excited about Alexis Sanchez?

Welcome

If I were you I'd take every Arsenal related post with the biggest pinch of salt you have ever seen

They are all mostly digital dribble

<3

Wilbur

Banned
Steak and Kidney

I'm counting your muppetry in there hahah

:)

We can't be friends

Never go further north than Leicester Forest East

My dad says everyone past the M25 is inbred or a paedophile anyway

He's from Ireland and me mam's a Geordie

i'll make you delicious dutch apple pie baby

pls I don't like warm apples, it's just pointless. Fruit is better when it is cool and refreshing

oh, ok the....meaty cock?!

the meaty cock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom