• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

So who's everyone's tip to make the semis?

Brazil vs Colombia
Germany vs France
Belgium vs Argentina
Costa Rica vs Netherlands

Some great potential in those games.

I'd say we'll see either Brazil or Argentina in the finals and one of Germany or Holland. Meaning, I don't think it will be an all South American or all European affair. I'd like to see both Brazil and Argentina get knocked out though, because fuck them. Never liked either country, and both teams have played like shit the entire tournament. At this point I want to see Germany or France make it. Prefer Germany, but don't really care which, as long as some Arsebros come back winners.

FuturusX

untitled-10sxdn5.gif

Sub need to sit their arses down on the celebration though...there's reason they are on the bench.

wedward

I am hoping for a Brazil Argentina final with Messi winning it all.

If not Argentina than I want to see Ozil and Per to win it all.

DukeBobby

Hi guys, Everton fan here making my first post.

I would have posted earlier, but you all seemed like cunts you seemed to have a formed a tight-knit community and I didn't want to intrude.

Ingeniero

I am hoping for a Brazil Argentina final with Messi winning it all.

If not Argentina than I want to see Ozil and Per to win it all.
Don't forget Poldi mate.

I would have posted earlier, but you all seemed like cunts you seemed to have a formed a tight-knit community and I didn't want to intrude.
Welcome, don't hesitate to change your team if you must.

Hi guys, first post here. I will probably try to stay for a while since I love the sport. My problem is that I don't have a team defined, right now I just love watching matches and seeing good (and bad) games. I also just bought Football Manager 2014 because I needed a football game to play, and since I suck at Fifa I though spreadsheets would be more up my alley. As I said on the WC thread about FM:

I started at some team on The Conference North in the UK, trying to climb up to the Premier League. My dream will be to get eventually (I hope) nominated as the England manager, and try to win the World Cup, just because I need a good challenge. Should be hard enough and take me quite some time, I guess.

I hope that I can find a team to call my own in the coming weeks/months.

Hi guys, first post here. I will probably try to stay for a while since I love the sport. My problem is that I don't have a team defined, right now I just love watching matches and seeing good (and bad) games. I also just bought Football Manager 2014 because I needed a football game to play, and since I suck at Fifa I though spreadsheets would be more up my alley. As I said on the WC thread about FM:

I hope that I can find a team to call my own in the coming weeks/months.

Untitled.jpg

Join the light side. New away kit for 14/15.

Lightning

Banned
I obviously want Netherlands to win but if they don't then I don't really have a preference. I would want Germany to win but the Bayern fans don't deserve shit, I would want France to win for the Arsenal players but Timu don't deserve it and Messi and Neymar can both fuck off collectively with Aguero.

I obviously want Netherlands to win but if they don't then I don't really have a preference. I would want Germany to win but the Bayern fans don't deserve shit, I would want France to win for the Arsenal players but Timu don't deserve it and Messi and Neymar can both fuck off collectively with Aguero.
So Belgium then?

GQman2121

Banned
GQ, pls. You don't need him. You have Costa, innit. £30m plus addons. You'll take £30m plus addons, right?

I honestly want him to stay and fight for a place. Costa isn't clearly isn't made of steel and will still have to adjust to the league. However, £30m would be wonderful flip of business. Practically a direct swap for Costa and would open up another roster spot for one of younger players.

The market is so fucking insane right now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone does come in with a bid that high though.

hot apple pie with ice cream is amazing. one of my favorite things in the world

I actually prefer room temperature pie. But with heat the ice cream does melt, which taste amazing.

Anyone here live in Boulder, CO? I'm thinking of moving there.

All I know about Boulder is mad guns and madder amounts of weed.

Firemind

I picked Aston Villa and Parma in Footie Manager when I was a wee lad. Zola and Brolin were awesome. Can't remember much from Aston Villa. :lol

Wilbur

Banned

Baby WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN SO TIGHT IF PEOPLE DIDNT KEEP INTRUDING AND MAKING IT TIGHTER

All these Everton fans, Jesus. Farid's in dreamland.

After being humiliated at a friendly match, I discovered the benefits of parking the bus. At least I'm not getting owned around everytime anymore.

snaffles

I picked Aston Villa and Parma in Footie Manager when I was a wee lad. Zola and Brolin were awesome. Can't remember much from Aston Villa. :lol

Mark Bosnich was at his best around that time for Aston Villa, even with all the cocaine and Nazi salutes.

Suen

Parma is playing against Aston Villa in pre-season.

0,,10265~12933364,00.jpg

Don't worry Serie A GAF, we got this. Wes and rodvik will cry and wish they had a star like Amauri in their team after the game.

Amauri%20Carvalho%20De%20Oliveira%20Poolside%20Miami%20Z9qYA6arkIel.jpg

Is another Man United fan welcome?

People who don't like Messi confuse me.

I used to think he was an absolute cunt, but him dragging Argentina through this WC has warmed me to him. I wouldn't mind seeing them winning the whole thing now. It'd at least shut people up about whether he's as good as Maradona or not.

Wilbur

Banned
After being humiliated at a friendly match, I discovered the benefits of parking the bus. At least I'm not getting owned around everytime anymore.

On FM? Yeah, best thing to do with smaller clubs is play defensive as possible :lol

Is another Man United fan welcome?

I used to think he was an absolute cunt, but him dragging Argentina through this WC has warmed me to him. I wouldn't mind seeing them winning the whole thing now. It'd at least shut people up about whether he's as good as Maradona or not.

United fans are always welcome. Quick, tell me about Vidal.

And agreed re: Messi. I want them to win it and I want him to score the winner.

TheXbox

Brazil vs Colombia
Germany vs France
Belgium vs Argentina

Colombia, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands through. This won't be a popular opinion but I think France might win the tournament altogether.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Brazil vs Colombia
Germany vs France
Belgium vs Argentina

My money's on Colombia just winning it all, amazing performances in every game.

Brazil vs Colombia
Germany vs France
Belgium vs Argentina

Those are the ones that I wish get to the semis, but who knows, an upset might be coming, especially in the Brasil vs Colombia and the Belgium vs Argentina match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom