• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
I honestly want him to stay and fight for a place. Costa isn't clearly isn't made of steel and will still have to adjust to the league. However, £30m would be wonderful flip of business. Practically a direct swap for Costa and would open up another roster spot for one of younger players.

The market is so fucking insane right now, I wouldn't be surprised if someone does come in with a bid that high though.

I actually prefer room temperature pie. But with heat the ice cream does melt, which taste amazing.

All I know about Boulder is mad guns and madder amounts of weed.

Google has a base in Boulder too

United fans are always welcome. Quick, tell me about Vidal.

And agreed re: Messi. I want them to win it and I want him to score the winner.

lol I've been wanting United to sign Vidal for a few years. Feels like a fucking pipe dream now. But I trust van Gaal to save us from mediocrity.

That would be pretty great, although I'd love to see Colombia go all the way as well.

Abraxas

oJ4GVUS.png

Do these kind of training kits often get released? The main one is too nasty.

hiroshawn

Banned
I'm going to win so much off of the QF that I'm going to get investigated for match fixing.

There will be a red card in the Brazil match.

hiroshawn

Banned
The only concern is the bets are for regulation time. So I will do the opposite for the teams playing. So Columbia will win in extra time and all my other picks with win in regulation time.

Man I love my friends. We're going to my friend's house on Friday and each of us is going to bring a drink from a country playing that day. Naturally as my country of origin is Colombia I'm going to search high and low for either the beer or the rum that I always buy when I go there.

Win or lose I'll be drunk. And that's a win in my book.

Barzul

I personally don't feel he's better than Sagna or should be keeping Sagna out of the team. If the 11m fee is true then we've paid out the ass for the right back who has around 2-3 years at best left in him at peak condition. An expensive scenario that and unless there is a development plan for Jenkinson or Bellerin they won't develop on our bench or in our reserves playing reserve games.

Also feel people are getting ahead of themselves with Sanchez. I've yet to read 1 Arsenal related journalist confirm we're trying to get him. Veysey says we're interested but that's about it. Everything else is coming from sources outside the UK which makes me not believe them.

Most of the UK journalists are hacks. Imo, the true news about Sanchez's destination will come from Barca based papers like Mundo and Sport. Every UK based journo is trotting club agenda. Besides none of them had a whiff of the Ozil deal till it was basically done. I wouldn't count on them knowing much. Only journo I trust is David Ornstein because his word is the truth.

Suen

Hello Footy-GAF. I usually post in NHL-GAF and it's not like I can talk football with any of my friends on Facebook so I am joining you.

And I'll also announce that I've been an Arsenal supporter for a long time now so I'll see myself out with my shield.
Welcome. Don't let Utd GAF kill you.

cremino

I'll feel kind of bad for Crudnaldo if Messi wins a world cup.

Not.

Messi is better than him anyway. Crudnaldo will be so sad, he will return to Manchester United!!!
Jokes aside, he will be fine....He's rich,has a hot girlfriend and just won a CL...
I think it will be far worse for Brazialian fans if Argentina wins with their rivalry and anything related

jtb

Banned
Most of the UK journalists are hacks. Imo, the true news about Suarez's destination will come from Barca based papers like Mundo and Sport. Every UK based journo is trotting club agenda. Besides none of them had a whiff of the Ozil deal till it was basically done. I wouldn't count on them knowing much. Only journo I trust is David Ornstein because his word is the truth.

We have a good shot at getting him and it seems like there's definite interest. now we just need to wait and see how it all pans out. if we don't get him, would really love for us to pursue Griezmann—pretty sure Wenger's a fan. no point in cheaping out and getting Vela if we can really make a big upgrade on the squad

hiroshawn

Banned
Just had a scare at work. I was scrolling my facebook feed then all of a sudden I see Ghianna Michaels getting banged doggy and her big boobs floppin everywhere.

FootballFan

We have a good shot at getting him and it seems like there's definite interest. now we just need to wait and see how it all pans out. if we don't get him, would really love for us to pursue Griezmann—pretty sure Wenger's a fan. no point in cheaping out and getting Vela if we can really make a big upgrade on the squad

Griezemann at arsenal would be pretty cool. He's a talent.

I really hope we don't get Suarez..especially for these rumoured prices.

Can we not just buy some defenders man..

Ok, footygaf.

I already have my MLS club (see avatar) and major euro club (real madrid) but following La Liga seems a bit boring each week compared to the premiership.

How the hell do I decide a team? I know all you english dudes were born and bread into your clubs (same thing with me with the mets and magic over here in the US) but do I just watch a season a neutral and fall in love?

wedward

Ok, footygaf.

I already have my MLS club (see avatar) and major euro club (real madrid) but following La Liga seems a bit boring each week compared to the premiership.

How the hell do I decide a team? I know all you english dudes were born and bread into your clubs (same thing with me with the mets and magic over here in the US) but do I just watch a season a neutral and fall in love?

Arsenal.

East Lake

Ok, footygaf.

Stoke City.

Horseress

my first "european team" was Newcastle, simple because I always picked them on PES, but then in 2008 I watched Chelsea vs Liverpool for the CL and....I just felt Chelsea was my team and it is since then.

You don't pick a team, it picks you

Herr K

Banned
Ok, footygaf.

PM either Timurd or Pulga. They support many teams and are familiar with that.

hiroshawn

Banned
if the USMNT gets Gedion Zelalem you have my sword

No don't follow Arsenal. We won the FA cup and we have money to spend on transfers. People will see you as a glory hunter. Tell me where you parent or Grand parents or great grand parents emigrated from and I use that info plus the post you already made to find a prem club for you. BTW how do you support three teams?

No don't follow Arsenal. We won the FA cup and we have money to spend on transfers. People will see you as a glory hunter. Tell me where you parent or Grand parents or great grand parents emigrated from and I use that info plus the post you already made to find a prem club for you. BTW how do you support three teams?
I mean my teams are orlando city and real madrid. But I want to have a team for the EPL. is that really that weird? I mean they'll play real only in champions and rarely at that.

I don't even know where half my family is from. They always give me conflicting answers. I just know I'm not english at all.

my first "european team" was Newcastle, simple because I always picked them on PES, but then in 2008 I watched Chelsea vs Liverpool for the CL and....I just felt Chelsea was my team and it is since then.

You don't pick a team, it picks you

that's my expectation. go into the season and just fall in love.

PM either Timurd or Pulga. They support many teams and are familiar with that.
my team is real

Esch

Banned
Ok, footygaf.

Arsenal.

Edit; you're a mets fan eh? Go for something second class.

Wastum

Neo Member
I mean my teams are orlando city and real madrid. But I want to have a team for the EPL. is that really that weird? I mean they'll play real only in champions and rarely at that.

I don't even know where half my family is from. They always give me conflicting answers. I just know I'm not english at all.

that's my expectation. go into the season and just fall in love.

my team is real

Real Madrid is the only team I support. In the rest of the competitions, I'm always in favor of the smaller teams. I tried to get a favorite club in each competition too, but concluded that whenever I picked one, I actually couldn't even bother to follow their results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom