• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
I mean my teams are orlando city and real madrid. But I want to have a team for the EPL. is that really that weird? I mean they'll play real only in champions and rarely at that.

I don't even know where half my family is from. They always give me conflicting answers. I just know I'm not english at all.

that's my expectation. go into the season and just fall in love.

my team is real

There is one team you SIPPORT and other teams you LIKE/FOLLOW. I SUPPORT Arsenal. I LIKE KOLN.

Anyway what type of football style do you like?

wedward

I mean my teams are orlando city and real madrid. But I want to have a team for the EPL. is that really that weird? I mean they'll play real only in champions and rarely at that.

I don't even know where half my family is from. They always give me conflicting answers. I just know I'm not english at all.

my team is real

Do you feel like there is a "right" way to play and a "wrong" way to play?

Real Madrid is the only team I support. In the rest of the competitions, I'm always in favor of the smaller teams. I tried to get a favorite club in each competition too, but concluded that whenever I picked one, I actually couldn't even bother to follow their results.
I'm only looking to the EPL because its the top flight league in the world

There is one team you SIPPORT and other teams you LIKE/FOLLOW. I SUPPORT Arsenal. I LIKE KOLN.

Anyway what type of football style do you like?
I guess then I'm just looking for a team to like. I'm not going to be heart broken by a loss like I would with Orlando or Real.

The style? I guess I just want my team to control a lot of possession and break out when needed. I also enjoy when the team tries to pressure and break up the offense of the other side rather than just waiting for opportunities. I'm also not as adverse to tiki-taka as others are. I don't think its always 'boring'

Do you feel like there is a "right" way to play and a "wrong" way to play?
I'm not a fan of teams that play "not to lose" but I think defensive football is still a legit strategy when not taken to extremes like greece.

hiroshawn

Banned

I guess then I'm just looking for a team to like. I'm not going to be heart broken by a loss like I would with Orlando or Real.

The style? I guess I just want my team to control a lot of possession and break out when needed.

Welcome to the Arsenal. Enjoy your stay.

wedward

The style? I guess I just want my team to control a lot of possession and break out when needed. I also enjoy when the team tries to pressure and break up the offense of the other side rather than just waiting for opportunities. I'm also not as adverse to tiki-taka as others are. I don't think its always 'boring'

I'm not a fan of teams that play "not to lose" but I think defensive football is still a legit strategy when not taken to extremes like greece.

Congratulations. Arsene Wenger is your new god.

hiroshawn

Banned
BrFSB6kIIAAfAX2.jpg

Dont subject him to the heartbreak that is Arsenal's yearly cycle. It's continually battered me for the past seven years

It's like you have to hate yourself to be an arsenal sipporter

Mastadon

Banned
Are you looking to support a team with a visionary manager who is challenging and changing the basic tenets of the game with his groundbreaking philosophy? A club with a storied history of success and of playing football the right way? With one of the most potent strikers of all time?

If so, may I present to you your new favorite team. Your new messiah:

SkOI0u0.jpg

So I wake up and we've signed someone? Move over Woodword, Perez, Pardew is joining the elite.

Where's our resident Ajax fan? I need to pick his brains over us stealing his captain.

Are you looking to support a team with a visionary manager who is challenging and changing the basic tenets of the game with his groundbreaking philosophy? A club with a storied history of success and of playing football the right way? With one of the most potent strikers of all time?

If so, may I present to you your new favorite team. Your new messiah:

SkOI0u0.jpg

Sold, but only if he brings back his moustache. In world news (sorry if late);

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/01/yaya-toure-nobody-cares-about-ivory-coast-world-cup-2014-exit-because-were-african-4782843/

Yaya Toure has played yet another race card in the aftermath of Ivory Coast’s World Cup exit.

The Manchester City midfielder, who previously claimed he would’ve been recognised as World Player of the Year had he not been African, has now attributed the lack of attention his country’s elimination from Brazil 2014 has been getting in the media down to race.

‘I desperately wanted the referee to spot the simulation of Samaras,’ told France Football.

‘Once again, the refereeing was not on our side. We had at least two penalties turned down during our game against Japan.

‘And this time, one is invented against Greece. Of course, it does not upset anyone because it only concerns an African team.

‘Who really cares about the injustices of an African team? This mistake deprives us of something huge. It is a scandal that unfortunately does not seem to bother many people.’

Honey Bunny

If so, may I present to you your new favorite team. Your new messiah: Mourinho. Chelsea.

And here is a picture of a man holding a shirt
SkOI0u0.jpg

Fixed

confuziz

Banned
So I wake up and we've signed someone? Move over Woodword, Perez, Pardew is joining the elite.

Where's our resident Ajax fan? I need to pick his brains over us stealing his captain.

I doubt he cares. He's not that good...sorry to say. He has his moments, but every match it's everything or nothing. And that's not a good thing!

Clegg

Welcome to all new posters!

Now onto Evra. Di Marzio says he still has an offer from Juve and is mulling over it. Cash and player swap for Vidal, yes? Or a move for Vermaelen who'll be back up left back

caesar

Banned

my team is real

The Foxes, we just got promoted to the prem.

Lightning

Banned
Have I been out of the loop or has Yaya Toure always been such an idiot?

Since the seasons ended it seems like an endless stream of stupid quotes and statements.

No Iturbe for us it seems :(

I was hoping we would've eventually bought him, too bad we took this long to get rid of Kakà. Actually, Kakà took this long. Still, we're saving around 8m per year, and we still have to sell 10-12 players.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So we've rejected Napoli's latest bid for Sandro, we want vastly more than they are willing to offer. £9.5 million is an insult. Now they are considering Gonalons, Shcneiderlin and Sissoko.

Lightning

Banned
So we've rejected Napoli's latest bid for Sandro, we want vastly more than they are willing to offer. £9.5 million is an insult. Now they are considering Gonalons, Shcneiderlin and Sissoko.
You overrate Sandro. He's extremely average. Gonalons and Schneiderlin are much better but those 2 players will be even more expensive.

If 10m is too expensive for Napoli maybe they should consider Diame instead.

Carbonox

siem de jong

siem de jong

hopefully you're better than luuk de jong

but you are still inferior to nigel de jong

siem de jong

0,,10278~12943614,00.jpg

We've spent 8m this Summer. is this real life

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You overrate Sandro. He's extremely average. Gonalons and Schneiderlin are much better but those 2 players will be even more expensive.

If 10m is too expensive for Napoli maybe they should consider Diame instead.

Quiet you, until Sandro did his knee he was the best midfielder in the league in 12/13.

Gambit

Man, why is there no game tonight? Why does this World Cup have to end?

Does this mean I have to play videogames again? Actually work on my dissertation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom