• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Man, why is there no game tonight? Why does this World Cup have to end?

Does this mean I have to play videogames again? Actually work on my dissertation ?
How you feeling about the France game? Mesut Özil is due a big one.

Glad we've got Costa Rica.

Manager

Have I been out of the loop or has Yaya Toure always been such an idiot?

Since the seasons ended it seems like an endless stream of stupid quotes and statements.

Every summer.

2013:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/20/yaya-toure-slaps-manchester-city-with-new-contract-ultimatum-3550350/
Toure’s agent, Dimitri Seluk, now claims the former Barcelona man has become fed up with the situation and will force a move at the end of the season if City do not act.

‘I do not feel he will stay at City,’ said Seluk.

‘If he signs a contract in the next four days, OK. If not, we will not wait any longer. We will say, “Thank you. OK, Yaya will leave in May”.

‘This is not about money. He wants to leave for many reasons. He does not feel the respect of the staff.

‘It’s a pity City pay big money, but do not understand that human relations mean more than anything. Yaya feels the club do not want him.

‘Yaya is extremely well paid at City and is the first to recognise that. But he is the No 1 in the world in his position and can get the same money elsewhere. He has been ready to sign for six months on the same money.

‘He is the best box-to-box midfielder in the world. He can also play centre-half, even play centre-forward.

‘We want to leave the club, because if they really wanted to do good by Yaya they’d have completed the contract a few months ago.’

He signed a new contract a few days later.

Also, 2012:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ity-hold-off-on-new-yaya-toure-contract-talks

Less than 48 hours after City won the Premier League in May, Seluk went on Spanish radio to say his client might leave last summer.

Seluk said: "Toure has done all he can do at City and needs new motivations. He would like a new challenge. He would not cost much.

“He could sign for many big clubs, like Chelsea or Bayern Munich. We would like to see Barcelona join the race.”

City linked to Benatia, why can't we get linked to good CB's but get linked to great attacking players who we will never sign.

Or is that just how bullshit works?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Next stop

ARTURO
Cash and player swap for Vidal, yes?
lol I've been wanting United to sign Vidal for a few years
And the Vidal bid hasn't even gone in yet.

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

3Sixty

Former Saints skipper Adam Lallana has taken the bold move of placing a full page advert in today’s Daily Echo to thank the fans for 14 glorious years at the club.

The 26-year-old yesterday sealed a £25m move to Liverpool, and marked his exit from St Mary’s by making the highly unusual gesture as a sign of his respect for the club’s supporters.

Lallana has paid for the full page advert, which appears on page 75 of today’s paper, and has written a message he wishes to deliver directly to the club’s fans, rather than taking the option of an interview.

--

BrhCY57IYAAFcK-.jpg

What a fucking bellend.

Gambit

How you feeling about the France game? Mesut Özil is due a big one.

Glad we've got Costa Rica.

so-so. Löw is still the big problem we have. But I have this small hope that the goal lifted the weight off Özil's shoulders and he will perform according to his ability. Funnily enough, in this world cup I always had the impression he was stronger coming in from the left than the right.

I think it's a very open game. If both teams played their best, I believe Germany would win, but as it is, it's 50-50.

Your game against Costa Rica is probably the one with the clearest favourite. Robben is on fire atm.

'The WCs best passer'

360 effective passes

but i thought german-gaf said he's bad
wtzgU.gif

Not all of us. By now I almost wish he would join Real so we can finally evaluate him properly. We always only gush about foreigners or players in other leagues. It's a German thing.

Linius

Oh lol Will, our 'captain'. The guy hardly played last season and I can't say we missed him. He can be brilliant but he can also be a pain in the ass. He has been important for us a lot over the years but last season he's been injured a lot and upon his return he played like shit but yet De Boer kept playing him. Oh well, 7 million on the bank.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Former Saints skipper Adam Lallana has taken the bold move of placing a full page advert in today’s Daily Echo to thank the fans for 14 glorious years at the club.

The 26-year-old yesterday sealed a £25m move to Liverpool, and marked his exit from St Mary’s by making the highly unusual gesture as a sign of his respect for the club’s supporters.

Lallana has paid for the full page advert, which appears on page 75 of today’s paper, and has written a message he wishes to deliver directly to the club’s fans, rather than taking the option of an interview.

--

What a fucking bellend.

Absolute twat. You'd think he was leaving Preston to play for Barcelona the way he's gone about it.

Oh lol Will, our 'captain'. The guy hardly played last season and I can't say we missed him. He can be brilliant but he can also be a pain in the ass. He has been important for us a lot over the years but last season he's been injured a lot and upon his return he played like shit but yet De Boer kept playing him. Oh well, 7 million on the bank.

Siem is such a weird player. There is nothing he really excels at, he's just kinda good at a lot of things. He will never really dominate a game, but will usually make his solid contributions throughout a season.

Gambit

Bild is reporting that Galatasaray wants Löw. Could they please take him before Thursday?

I am sure Klopp/Jupp could catch a flight to Brazil and Ottmar is already there.

Linius

Siem is such a weird player. There is nothing he really excels at, he's just kinda good at a lot of things. He will never really dominate a game, but will usually make his solid contributions throughout a season.

Yeah and mostly in the second half of the season for some reason. Not counting last season he scored 10+ goals each season pretty much and most of those in the last half of the season. Also scored every league winning game. The two goals against Twente being the most important of course.

Fee agreed for Tadic by all accounts £8.7m.

Fee rejected for Pelle £5m

You guys really thought they would let him go for that kind of money? Gonna be at least double that I reckon.

Feorax

LFC want Bertrand, there was me thinking we would want good defenders

Rodgers obviously sees something we don't in him, given he brought him to Chelsea at 15 and has tried to sign him wherever he's been since then.

The concern I have is that if Rodgers really had the faith in him to be the LB we needed, surely he would have been first choice rather than Moreno?

pulga

Banned
I cant wait to see Modric and Kroos bamboozling the opposition through a dominating display of 2-sided triangles

Rodgers obviously sees something we don't in him, given he brought him to Chelsea at 15 and has tried to sign him wherever he's been since then.

The concern I have is that if Rodgers really had the faith in him to be the LB we needed, surely he would have been first choice rather than Moreno?
Rather use the Suarez money and get Moreno or Ricardo Rodriguez and other defenders of their skill level

pulga

Banned
Reading we might wait until the winter window to sign Falcao, to properly evaluate his post-injury evolution

3Sixty

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan May 13

100 - Since joining the Eredivisie in 2010/11, Dusan Tadic is the only player that has created 100+ chances every league season. Fulcrum.

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan May 20

111 - Dusan Tadic created 111 chances from open play in 2013/14, 26 more than any other player in any of the last 4 Eredivisie seasons. Hot.

OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan May 29

84 - Only Dusan Tadic (133) and Memphis Depay (87) created more chances than Quincy Promes (84) this Eredivisie season. Promise.

hDE766311

Feorax

Rather use the Suarez money and get Moreno or Ricardo Rodriguez and other defenders of their skill level

I agree, but for some reason we seem very much averse to spending any sort of significant fee on a defender, Sakho being the exception rather than the rule.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We will sign Sanchez and everyone will hate it.

HATE IT

seems like we're going for Iturbe actually. Typical

Evra moving to Juventus? My understanding is that Mr. Romano is very reliable when it comes to these things.

Our defence is going to be soooo young.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/484126602620846081

@FabrizioRomano
Patrice #Evra has agreement for his contract with Juventus. Now, waiting for answer by #MUFC and by Van Gaal about his future via @DiMarzio

Maybe we got Vidal in return for Evra + 40m pounds

Also, Sanchez not included in LFC-Barca negotiations over Suarez

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/statuses/484005324576522240

Carbonox

tbh that's just what we need and he'll be 1000000000000000000000000000000000x better than Dan Gosling who was a pile of shit yet kept getting played.

I still want some french pretty boy technical goomba to replace Cabaye though. Otherwise our midfield has improved in many ways thanks to de Jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom