• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but for some reason we seem very much averse to spending any sort of significant fee on a defender, Sakho being the exception rather than the rule.
Our defence is a liability, I really hope we can get this fixed this window or its going to punish us later

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just seen someone ready to jump off a bridge. Man, I feel weird.

I miraculously dodged a car flipping in front of me a few days ago and now two girls are yelling at each other in the office

AND United GAF are muppeting over Vidalinho

I'M SURE YOU'LL LIVE

Didn't Evra already sign a new contract?

He did? His contract expires in one year though, he can't be happy about that. :p

Feorax

Our defence is a liability, I really hope we can get this fixed this window or its going to punish us later

Yep. Don't think Lovren is the answer either. With the money we're likely to get in this window, it baffles me that we're looking to spend £20m to £30m on the likes of Markovic, but won't shell out for a top class CB to partner Sakho.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yep. Don't think Lovren is the answer either. With the money we're likely to get in this window, it baffles me that we're looking to spend £20m to £30m on the likes of Markovic, but won't shell out for a top class CB to partner Sakho.

So I guess Rodgers' ideal back 4 for next season is Flanagan, Sakho, Lovren and Bertrand?

Is another Man United fan welcome?

I used to think he was an absolute cunt, but him dragging Argentina through this WC has warmed me to him. I wouldn't mind seeing them winning the whole thing now. It'd at least shut people up about whether he's as good as Maradona or not.

Eugh, another innocent person indoctrinated into becoming a member of Gaal Qaeda

LFC want Bertrand, there was me thinking we would want good defenders

What are we doing? If we expect this Suarez deal to go through, we'll have plenty of money, enough surely to get Moreno or Ricardo Rodriguez. Yet we seem to have our minds set on signing Bertrand, who verges game-on-game between mediocre and rank average. Really don't understand what Rodgers sees in him, getting vibes of Hodgson and Konchesky tbh.

Feorax

So I guess Rodgers' ideal back 4 for next season is Flanagan, Sakho, Lovren and Bertrand?

Something like that. I still think we'd prefer Moreno (and will probably/hopefully still get him) but I expect it will be along those lines. In my mind; Skrtel will stay, Agger will go, Enrique might go, Johnson will be backup to both fullback positions.

Sakho has been immense this WC. If we can get him playing at that level for us, we'd really be on to something. With that being said, if we're getting £50m in cash for part of the Suarez deal, I'd have no problem us spending 2/3rds of that on Varane.

LNBL

Siem De Jong.... Wonder how he will do at Newcastle, his last season was pretty shit because of injuries. My Ajax friends are happy to see him go though.

Feorax

Also (and maybe people will think I'm mad for this), if we're playing 1 up top, then I'm perfectly happy with Sturridge, Borini and Lambert as our strikers.

I could see them getting 35-40 goals in the league this season, injury permitting. If we can start adding goals from elsewhere, we'll be ok.

sohois

Eugh, another innocent person indoctrinated into becoming a member of Gaal Qaeda

What are we doing? If we expect this Suarez deal to go through, we'll have plenty of money, enough surely to get Moreno or Ricardo Rodriguez. Yet we seem to have our minds set on signing Bertrand, who verges game-on-game between mediocre and rank average. Really don't understand what Rodgers sees in him, getting vibes of Hodgson and Konchesky tbh.

Seen it mentioned that maybe Enrique is just dead, and Bertrand would be brought in as well as another LB simply to provide cover. Still doesn't make much sense, but sounds more reassuring.

And of course there is always the old 'just a smokescreen' excuse

Also (and maybe people will think I'm mad for this), if we're playing 1 up top, then I'm perfectly happy with Sturridge, Borini and Lambert as our strikers.

I could see them getting 35-40 goals in the league this season, injury permitting. If we can start adding goals from elsewhere, we'll be ok.

I would be fine with that as well, I'm not sure why everyone else seems insistent on spending big on a new stiker who would play only rarely with Sturridge ahead of him. Not to mention that both Sanchez or Stirling could probably play up front in a false nine role and do just fine

Blablurn

Clubs with most players left in World Cup:

Bayern Munich - 10
Arsenal - 7
PSG - 6
Chelsea - 6
(Spurs/City/Real/Inter/Feyenoord/Napoli - 5)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Martin in ANOTHER car crash

old pic
483833_10151778955962306_264787040_n.jpg

Martin Caceres has been in another car crash, however this time, the Juventus defender seems to be fine.

The full-back was involved in an accident in March that left him with concussion after travelling back from Bologna.

And according to Radio Universal, the Uruguay international was again the unlucky recipient of an automotive incident.

The station claims that Caceres was back in Montevideo after his country’s World Cup elimination, when his car buffeted violently before crashing.

However, the 27-year-old was deemed okay by medics that were at the scene, and was even seen signing autographs for fans.

Caceres crashes more than Excel and Juve in Europe. I think I'm gonna start calling him Excel actually.

Maddox

I dunno, if Sturridge gets an injury, which he eventually will. It doesn't look too good.

Feorax

Why would Real Madrid sell Varane and why would Varane leave?

Please muppetry has to be plausible at least.

The only plausible reason - stupid money.

If we offered, for example, £35m to Madrid and offered him £100k+ p/w, I'd be surprised if neither party were interested. Not saying it would happen, but it's far from impossible.

I dunno, if Sturridge gets an injury, which he eventually will. It doesn't look too good.

Borini, Lambert, Sterling, all could do a job if we needed them to for a month or so. Sanchez too if we get him. The only way we'd be fucked is if we lost Sturridge for 4 to 6 months at a time.

If we offered, for example, £35m to Madrid and offered him £100k+ p/w, I'd be surprised if neither party were interested. Not saying it would happen, but it's far from impossible.

Borini, Lambert, Sterling, all could do a job if we needed them to for a month or so. Sanchez too if we get him. The only way we'd be fucked is if we lost Sturridge for 4 to 6 months at a time.
I think you'd need to pay a lot more than £35m and a £100k/week for either party to consider it.

pulga

Banned
Why would Real Madrid sell Varane and why would Varane leave?

Please muppetry has to be plausible at least.

who the fuck said that? what a stupid thing to muppet about lolololo

ahaha

Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

35m

Good one, son.

3Sixty

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey · 30m

Southampton have made a bid for Feyenoord's Graziano Pelle. First bid short of their valuation, but will be done.Tadic and Immers to follow.

Immers?

pls no

FootballFan

I realise his career didn't live up to the hype, but it's crazy to think Giovani Dos Santos spends his days now spreading transfer gossip.

26 is young you horse!

And believe me, even if you end up paying 50 million, that's still in 'bargain' territory. He's fucking unbelievable, Jeff.

He does look tasty, but I always have an age thing with players who rely on pace. Their shelf life is usually so much shorter.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Walk the line soundtrack is one of the best there is, such an underrated film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom