• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Wonder if Barca have rung Sanchez yet and told him where he's going. Ayre going HAM on Liverpool's unbudgable position in this.

Surely if there's one factor in a Varane deal it's a guarantee that he'll be partnered with Sakho, his international partner, for a large portion of his club career.

Saying that I'll just go on record and add that there's no way Varane leaves Real, let alone to join Liverpool.

Blablurn

Pogba will get such a huge beating on friday that he will come back crawling, asking for a contract to become a player at bayern münchen.

I'd rather have Varana than Sanchez tbh

No chance he leaves Madrid in the next 4 years though, and even if he leaves after then it'll be because he's become injury-prone or shite

Feorax

Wonder if Barca have rung Sanchez yet and told him where he's going. Ayre going HAM on Liverpool's unbudgable position in this.

Sanchez might well still want to go to Arsenal, but I expect if he does, that's the end of any chance of Suarez leaving us.

We'll have taken note of what happened with Ozil after the Bale transfer last year, and there's no way we'll let Barca take our player and strengthen one of our rivals.

The more I think about it, the more I want Suarez to stay.

It'll mean major transfer constipation for Liverpool given protracted negotiations, a player that can't even train with them until November and a want-away player that everyone at the club is fucking fed up with.

Cash back.

pulga

Banned
lol dont even bother to write 'Var-' people, why would we sell the most promising centreback in the world? Just jokes that someone even reported that hahah

Permanently for a month

But srsly, I'll be fine. I don't care if we sell him or anyone else really. But pretending to care is funnier and considerably more amusing innit? ;*

Vidal - Kroos - Modric

god i get wet just thinking of it, Vidal and Modric NEED to find each other

Hixx

This handicapped golfer on SSN has a thumb-pinkie. And he's really fucking good with it. Wow.
p0QHO.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
lol dont even bother to write 'Var-' people, why would we sell the most promising centreback in the world? Just jokes that someone even reported that hahah

Vidal - Kroos - Modric

You disgust me

Have a bad day

Vidal - Kroos - Modric

because you want the best forward in the world?

3Sixty

-----------------Marshall------------------
Chambers---Lovren---Fonte------Clyne
-----------Wanyama---Witsel----------
Tadic-------------JWP------------------JRod
--------------------Pelle--------------------------

So based.

The more I think about it, the more I want Suarez to stay.

It'll mean major transfer constipation for Liverpool given protracted negotiations, a player that can't even train with them until November and a want-away player that everyone at the club is fucking fed up with.

Cash back.

tbf the end of that statement was true just last year, and he ended up pushing us to finish second

The transfer thing is a massive worry though, we can't afford to make loads of big signings and then Suarez stays anyway. We'd fail FFP dismally, unless we sold him in January, at which point Barca's transfer ban will be in effect

L1NETT

Moussa gone to Charlton..................

That Belgian connection

Should get minutes at least, really rate the bloke.

tbf the end of that statement was true just last year, and he ended up pushing us to finish second

The transfer thing is a massive worry though, we can't afford to make loads of big signings and then Suarez stays anyway. We'd fail FFP dismally, unless we sold him in January, at which point Barca's transfer ban will be in effect

Yeah but this is the second year running. It's really not the same.

I would be very happy if Suarez leaves for Barcelona. Liverpool won't be able to replace him and he won't improve Barcelona that much. Like Neymar, Ibrahimovic, Villa, Henry and Sanchez he will not be as effective when playing second to Messi.

I agree it's more likely that he'll drag his heels but really who can predict anything when it comes to Suarez.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he comes back, knuckles down, plays amazing, proclaims his love for all things Scouse and signs another contract with an even bigger release clause.

Why? Everyone knew last year that he didn't want to be here, everyone knows now that he doesn't want to be here, and everyone knows that once the transfer window shuts he has a choice of playing for us, or pointlessly going on strike if he hasn't left by then.

The only thing that's really changed in a reasonable Liverpool fan's perception of him is that his lunacy is far from behind him and we can't assume that he'll go another season without controversy.

Not sure the players or fans will care too much if he starts banging the goals in when (if) he returns and doesn't act as a toxic influence.

Why? Everyone knew last year that he didn't want to be here, everyone knows now that he doesn't want to be here, and everyone knows that once the transfer window shuts he has a choice of playing for us, or pointlessly going on strike if he hasn't left by then.

The only thing that's really changed in a reasonable Liverpool fan's perception of him is that his lunacy is far from behind him and we can't assume that he'll go another season without controversy.

Not sure the players or fans will care too much if he starts banging the goals in when (if) he returns and doesn't act as a toxic influence.
There's a lot in between him going on strike/him being amazing too, though.

I suspect the club and also his team mates will be much colder to him this time around.

Feorax

@FCBarcelona: @jmbartomeu: "Luis Suarez has apologised for his actions and this honors him. It's not always easy to admit one's mistakes" #fcblive

@FCBarcelona: .@jmbartomeu: "FIFA has invited us to appear before them, on 19 August, to explain verbally what we think of the punishment" #fcblive

So Barca get an invite by FIFA to representation on Suarez ban? And we don't?

Wut?

Wut?
Believe it's the transfer ban that refers to.

Jokes how Barca just give no damns and are going on about it (Suarez) on their twitter though. Just a shitty shitty club.

Wut?

What in the name of sweet fuckery?

Relevant parties

-Suarez
-Chiellini
-Uruguay
-Italy
-Liverpool
-FIFA
-UEFA

Where the fuck do Barca come into it at this point? Should be up to us to get the full details of the scope of his punishment, and we fill Barca in when necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom