• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like this is our kit for next season:
BrjtakwIUAAyyTh.jpg

Nothing special but the last time we had yellow on the shirts we got into the CL...

Why the fuck are we selling DiMaria? No seriously, like what are we smoking?

Perez gonna Perez

pulga

Banned
Why the fuck are we selling DiMaria? No seriously, like what are we smoking?

We don't want to, it's Di Maria being a little money hungry whore and desperate for everyone to love him at the Bernabeu. You can tell he's angling for a move, what with his Messi comments.

Looks like this is our kit for next season:

BrjtakwIUAAyyTh.jpg

Nothing special but the last time we had yellow on the shirts we got into the CL...

Perez gonna Perez

thanks dc its not like there was a whole page discussing this yknow

and Perez isnt doing anything you downtrodden mango

Lightning

Banned
are we still pretending that Ozil is bad?

He's the best play-maker in the world. If he's invisible, blame your donkeys.
If we can get Sanchez in that will help Ozil immensely. He needs players around him, not the likes of Giroud who have zero pace.

We don't want to, it's Di Maria being a little money hungry whore and desperate for everyone to love him at the Bernabeu. You can tell he's angling for a move, what with his Messi comments.
Just give him the $$$ for fucks sake, god knows he's deserved it. I would be devastated to see DiMaria go, Ozil was one thing but DiMaria? nah I couldn't.

Strax

Having spent the last couple of weeks in negotiations with Dutch side Heerenveen, with a bid for Icelandic striker Alfred Finnbogason, Real Sociedad have officially announced an agreement with his club.

Alfred Finnbogason is heading to La Liga and Real Sociedad, the club announced via their official website on Wednesday, having agreed terms with both the player and his club, Dutch side Heerenveen.

The Icelandic international was the leading scorer in the Eredivisie last season, in excellent form with 29 goals in 31 league appearances.

Talks began between the two clubs earlier this month, though with plenty of other interest, Heerenveen were keen to get the best price possible, for one of their strongest assets.

Although neither club has officially declared the value of the Finnbogason deal, it is expected that Real Sociedad will pay an initial fee of €7.5 million, with a further €2.5 million based on performance related additions.

Real Sociedad also announced that Finnbogason has passed his medical with the Basque club, has agreed terms on a deal until June 2018 and shortly, they will announce when his official presentation press conference will be held.

fredi214s0e.gif

pulga

Banned
Mourinho said it best on Ozil:

'If you were expecting Özil to be super aggressive and to be running miles and miles from side to side and to show great enthusiasm and aggressiveness, this is not Mesut.
‘If you are waiting for somebody where every time he touches the ball, the ball smiles.
‘Every time he makes a pass, the ball goes with the right direction, the right speed, the right intensity, this is Özil.'

Mourinho added: 'At the same time, I learned with him because we were together for quite a long time, that he's a very sensitive boy. He needs confidence. He needs trust. He needs to feel that people is with him. When he's on the pitch, every time he touches the ball, the ball goes beautiful.
'And he’ll always finds the right man on the right place. So, sometimes, you don't see him, sometimes he doesn't go to screen many, many times. But when he goes he is a special player.'

Mou reads GAF CONFIRMED

EmiPrime

Giroud is a good goal scorer who creates a lot of chances for others, he just can't play 50 games a season as lone striker.

Clegg

If United weren't prioritising another Cm and a cb then I think we'd be all over a possible di Maria transfer. He's the kind of wide player LvG would love.

omgkitty

Giroud is a good goal scorer who creates a lot of chances for others, he just can't play 50 games a season as lone striker.

Exactly. He comes back and holds the ball up and brings others into the play. Pretty much when it comes down to it, we really missed Walcott last season.

Mastadon

Banned
Finally started season 2 of Hannibal. The first episode was fucking gorgeous. There isn't a better shot and produced TV show in existence.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Finally started season 2 of Hannibal. The first episode was fucking gorgeous. There isn't a better shot and produced TV show in existence.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG

holy fuck you're in for a fucking wild ride. S2 is God-tier from beginning to end.

BEGINNING

TO

END

Croyles

You guys are hating on Özil too much. Yeah he's been shit lately but I believe he will find his form again.

Sometime.

Some point.

The boy always had confidence issues :(

dc89

Fans of clubs who have talked about moving ground, building a new ground or extending their current one, take note.

BrPoGVsIYAIBFyJ.jpg

It has begun. This is what happens when you get shit done.

EmiPrime

Exactly. He comes back and holds the ball up and brings others into the play. Pretty much when it comes down to it, we really missed Walcott last season.

Yes what Giroud lacks in pace Walcott more than makes up for it.

Giroud has an amazing first touch and is a great passer of the ball, sometimes it's like watching Bergkamp. With someone who can run ahead of him he will really be quite something next season.

wedward

Fans of clubs who have talked about moving ground, building a new ground or extending their current one, take note.

BrPoGVsIYAIBFyJ.jpg

What an accomplishment.

Everything is easy with oil money.

L1NETT

Aye finally chugging through Hannibal

S1 was good, but S2 is where it really hits it's stride

Sherlock S3 is over directed, over written tripe

But Utopia is back in like 2 weeks so yay

yay

Guys....next season is going to be....interesting?

really

omgkitty

Yes what Giroud lacks in pace Walcott more than makes up for it.

Giroud has an amazing first touch and is a great passer of the ball, sometimes it's like watching Bergkamp. With someone who can run ahead of him he will really be quite something next season.

Giroud is our false 9.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But Utopia is back in like 2 weeks so yay

yay

I stopped after episode one. It's nice and all, but I don't like the premise at all. Does it get gradually better? I trust you 1NN1T, you wouldn't lie to me like KidA.

dropped Sherlock after Season 2. I just....don't like it. And I can't stand Cumberbatch's face

BrPoGVsIYAIBFyJ.jpg

Don't be a bell

Oh man me too. Are you into Podcasts? If so Patrick Klepek is doing a LOST Podcast at the moment, watching an episode and week and then discussing the shit out of it.

I'd rather listen to Drew Scanlon talk about traction engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom