• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

So I plan on starting my first watch of a full Premier League season, only problem is I don't really know who to root for. Any suggestions?

Also, how often should I use the word "cunt". Like after every sentence? After every five words?

Identify some players you like then go from there.

omgkitty

So I plan on starting my first watch of a full Premier League season, only problem is I don't really know who to root for. Any suggestions?

Also, how often should I use the word "cunt". Like after every sentence? After every five words?

Nothing against you, but holy shit you're like the 4th person in the last day to ask the "I'm going to star following this league. Which team should I like??" question.

LTWheels

Guardian:

Luis Suárez is close to sealing his preferred move to Barcelona after the Catalan club held a “productive” first meeting with Liverpool and offered more than £70m for the controversial forward.

Barcelona’s determination to clinch a deal for the Uruguayan was confirmed during talks between their director of football management, Raul Sanllehi, and Liverpool’s chief executive, Ian Ayre, in London on Wednesday. Rather than seek a drastically reduced fee for a player banned for four months for biting the Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup, Sanllehi’s opening bid was in excess of £70m.

The fee falls short of Liverpool’s initial £80m valuation, and has not been accepted, but both sides appear convinced a deal can be done after their face-to-face negotiations over the 27-year-old. Barcelona are believed to be willing to pay a straight cash sum for Suárez or to include Alexis Sánchez as a makeweight, as Liverpool had requested.

wedward

I don't think United were ever in for him.

They have too many other priorities to be worrying about another winger/forward.

hiroshawn

Banned
Agent Edward ‏@Agent_Edward · 4h
Exclusive: Alexis Sánchez agent says he is shocked by Barcelona's behaviour & his client will not be forced #LFC move-Will review all offers

Stoke City play the most interesting football. Support them.

or Tottenham.

Actually, the question is, do you like an underdog?

Arnie

:lol

Goading over. Looks like Sanchez is Arsenal bound.

Fair play to Barcelona for coming in strong with cash. Seems like we'll get all of our £80 million.

Bravo.

They're a club with brilliant fans so I'm happy they get to see Suarez play. And I'm happy Suarez isn't going to Real Madrid.

Wilbur

Banned

Every time you're speaking to Pulga

Best way to pick a team is watch the games and you'll just end up rooting for someone. Don't force it. Your club picks you.

You should just watch some matches next season/pre season and you'll naturally gravitate towards a team.

Rhaegar

You should definitely prefer Arsenal over Liverpool, for "personal reasons".

(The reason being that Liverpool are a bunch of cunts.)

If you want to ease into things and avoid having to worry about those pesky mid-week Champion's League fixtures, you could always support ManU. Lord knows they need it these days.

why would Di Maria leave RM? pls.

Because the board says so? Madrid are like magnets, operating in mysterious ways. I'm sure Ancellotti wants to keep him, but it's not his call. Di Maria not shutting down the transfer chatter as it gets louder probably means he's settled on the idea of leaving, whether he wants to or not.

pulga

Banned
imagine Barcelona next season

Alves, Alba, Busquets, Neymar, Suarez

the cuntitude will be OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS

Barzul

I'd pick Arsenal, but that's just me. Start off with the community should game Man City vs Arsenal and see if you like us too.

Wilbur

Banned
Nothing against you, but holy shit you're like the 4th person in the last day to ask the "I'm going to star following this league. Which team should I like??" question.

Because I went on a major recruitment session in the World Cup thread

Bow to me, peons

And that team will be Manchester United.

The Patrician's choice.

ibfBmVXcjFaFoo.gif

Arnie

Imagine someone in 2014 choosing to be an Arsenal fan.

Like, someone watched them play and thought "phwoar, I want a bit of this."

omgkitty

Fucking salivating at the thought of Theo and Sanchez running into through balls from Ozil.

Up until now, I was super hyped on Sanchez. Now there's so much noise coming from everywhere, I'm in that phase where I'm scared we won't get him. I've seen us fuck this shit up countless times in the last few years.

Wilbur

Banned
Good work Wilbur. Need to replace Farid and Salva's *sobs* posts

Farid is back! Posted a few times the other day

I miss Salva too. When Sanchez signs he'll come back.

No one would have picked us up until now. Wait until the indoctrination of Gaal Qaida

If you like attacking football I say watch Liverpool,Tottenham, Arsenal and Man City (Arsenal and City hold possession a lot). if you like physical dominant teams with a knack for winning when it counts then Chelsea is the team for you. If you like wing play the go with Man Utd. Also Southampton and Everton are pretty good teams who mix a bit off thing.

wedward

First denial.

Then acceptance.

Which turned very quickly to anger.

We are here for you.

Not everyone looks at Brendan's dingy and sees a battleship.

We've been horrible to watch the past few seasons. Just boring football. Liverpool and Arsenal games have been exciting for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom