• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Walk the Line right now and you know the scene where he comes up with Walk the Line? And he's high and depressed, specifically when he drops the newspaper, he's not with Reece Witherspoon?

I know that feel.

We'll prove to Pogtrayer that he's missing out on being part of Gaal Qaeda.

EmiPrime

I've been in the home end (vs LFC, 2009). He's really not far off. Your away crowd is good though. So's everyones' though.

Which stand? North lower and Clock End lower have great atmospheres and the noise walking to the stadium (especially on the bridges) is always fantastic.

Barzul

Holy shit. Sometimes I wish we never bid for Suarez. It really soured things between our fanbases.

Ian Ladyman, a reliable journo for United news, says LvG has told Woodward to sell Fellaini.

Sometimes it's better to just rip it off.

Maybe we could pull a miracle and do the barca transfer and sign vidal and sanchez with the money, maybe he'd feel better at LFC with his international team mate here too XD

Abraxas

'Pool fans who think they can get any one of Reus, Greizmann or even Shaqiri at this point are mad. Your team has nothing without Suarez, and the vast majority of his transfer earnings will go to pay off the likes or Carroll, Allen and the like, who's costs we're never recouped. Have fun with Aspas starting up front.

I hear Cornelius is available.

Consistent at winning nothing, I agree

491806561-arsenals-aaron-ramsey-with-the-fa-cup-after-gettyimages.jpg

Nothing you say?

Clegg

Be the most impressive thing he does all summer if Woodward can get more than £10m for him.
Agreed. Article mentions that Woodward would have a difficult time recouping close to what we paid for him. We haven't a bloody hope in getting anywhere near that.

We have to offload Anderson too. How're we gonna do that?

Feorax

'Pool fans who think they can get any one of Reus, Greizmann or even Shaqiri at this point are mad. Your team has nothing without Suarez, and the vast majority of his transfer earnings will go to pay off the likes or Carroll, Allen and the like, who's costs we're never recouped. Have fun with Aspas starting up front.

What a shame. We lose the best striker in the league, and all we're left with is the second best striker in the league.

What a fucking tragedy that is.

omgkitty

Don't be a jerk. They'll probably get Shaqiri.

Barzul

War has evolved.

Meier

So I plan on starting my first watch of a full Premier League season, only problem is I don't really know who to root for. Any suggestions?

I would recommend Manchester City. It's a good match since you'll be able to follow their sister club, New York City FC, as well.

Lightning

Banned
This shit is United fan heaven. Arsenal and Liverpool fans taking the piss on one another.

I done that last season. Not bothered with that this season, I just want Ozil to have more quality around him.

Wilbur

Banned
Ian Ladyman, a reliable journo for United news, says LvG has told Woodward to sell Fellaini.

And lo, the heavens opened up, and a face appeared in the clouds, and that face was squashed and bug like and almost fruitily red, and it said into Edward that he should rid the People's Club of the false prophet Marouane, for his heart was as black and wiry as the hair upon his head (BeardedGenius 24:19)

King_Moc

Banned
Which stand? North lower and Clock End lower have great atmospheres and the noise walking to the stadium (especially on the bridges) is always fantastic.

Is the clock end behind the goal, opposite the away fans? I was behind the goal, about 10 or so in. Atmosphere was nothing special, honestly. Not like what was suggested, just kind of standard. Might just be the size of the stadium. Wembley really struggles to get an atmosphere going too. The worst are fucking Chelsea. I was actually in the Arsenal away end (seems weird, I know, I've got a mate who gets tickets, and I like a drink) when you beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in either 2009 or 2010. Their crowd was hilariously bad.

Jarnet87

Agreed. Article mentions that Woodward would have a difficult time recouping close to what we paid for him. We haven't a bloody hope in getting anywhere near that.

We have to offload Anderson too. How're we gonna do that?

Package Young and Fellaini together to Stoke or West Ham or one of the dozen hoof balls clubs in the premier league.

Clegg

Most interesting part of Ladyman's article is that LvG has already researched United's squad and has made it clear about who he wants gone and who he wants to keep.

Baki

This shit is United fan heaven. Arsenal and Liverpool fans taking the piss on one another.

I done that last season. Not bothered with that this season, I just want Ozil to have more quality around him.

I hope we get 2 world class players.

Vidal and Sanchez. I'll forgive Arsene for Fabregas if he does this.

LTWheels

Can't wait to see Lambert score his first Premi goal for Liverpool. The pure joy and passion on his face. I would make him captain for the league cup games.

wedward

Most interesting part of Ladyman's article is that LvG has already researched United's squad and has made it clear about who he wants gone and who he wants to keep.

What else would he do?

Not do any research on the squad he is taking over?

And lo, the heavens opened up, and a face appeared in the clouds, and that face was squashed and bug like and almost fruitily red, and it said into Edward that he should rid the People's Club of the false prophet Marouane, for his heart was as black and wiry as the hair upon his head (BeardedGenius 24:19)
YES MOYES

TeddyBoy

We will reinvest our funds, we will replace Suarez with a player who better fits 4-3-3.

We won't go for Reus or Greizmann, I don't see why Shaqiri is such mad transfer. We've been heavily linked with him for a decent price after he annoyed Bayern.

Aspas will be sold.

Can't wait to see Lambert score his first Premi goal for Liverpool. The pure joy and passion on his face. I would make him captain for the league cup games.

It would be great to make him captain, but if Gerrard gets demoted to the 'B-team' he'll be captain then (plus I think Agger is still vice-captain while he's here as well).

Feorax

I hope his first goal isn't against Saints on opening day. He deserves to celebrate his first Kop goal.

Let's hope he hates Young, Cleverley, and loves Adnan. Try to turn him into the next Litmanen or Robben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom