• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

If Sanchez isn't an option, I'm sure we could nab someone else who would improve us greatly.

Reus is the name that jumps to mind, followed by Griezmann or Lavezzi.

Barzul

Up until now, I was super hyped on Sanchez. Now there's so much noise coming from everywhere, I'm in that phase where I'm scared we won't get him. I've seen us fuck this shit up countless times in the last few years.

Yup, Mata, Higuain, Suarez. But then we got Ozil which gives me belief that we can actually close deals. We'd probably fuck this up to if the competition was anyone other than Liverpool and Juve (and we easily still can). Man City's transfer penalties really came in handy, because I have no doubt they'd be knee deep for him without it.

It's true though, innit. No one actively decides "right this is the club I'm supporting", and if they do, then that isn't a decision born out of love, but out of force. You support the club that you support. It just happens.

UDsDeM2.jpg

Most of you cunts haven't even had that experience, you don't love, you just think you do.

Wilbur

Banned
I think, DOCTOR MUSHROOMS, best thing to do is watch games like the community shield, or El Clasico, or Liverpool-Man Utd (and of course the champions league), as well as watch matches with players you like. If you're American and you now want to eat everything Howard produces from his orifices, watch a few Everton games. You might enjoy watching them, or one of the teams they play and then decide to follow them.

Arnie

Yup, Mata, Higuain, Suarez. But then we got Ozil which gives me belief that we can actually close deals. We'd probably fuck this up to if the competition was anyone other than Liverpool and Juve (and we easily still can). Man City's transfer penalties really came in handy, because I have no doubt they'd be knee deep for him without it.
Last time we went head to head on a player it was Sahin.

You had Champions League football and we still won.

Although after seeing Sahin play I don't know if "won" is the right term.

Wilbur

Banned
UDsDeM2.jpg

Most of you cunts haven't even had that experience, you don't love, you just think you do.

Listen m8 when I was getting pissed and walking around old Trafford looking for Germans to tell Blablurn to fuck off, you know what I felt?

Bliss.

Wish I lived nearer :(. Gonna try and go more this season.

wedward

You paid 5 million to loan a player for a season so Brendan could play him out of position.

Congrats on that.

Yen

So £70m(but I expect we'll still try and drive it up to 80)?

Sister's graduation today. There was audible laughter when someone called Pamela Anderson went up to get her certificate.

Pennywise

Sahin is awesome, allthough he's kinda like Özil in terms of confidence.
He really needs an enviroment that works, when he left Dortmund and he got injured and had no match practice his confidence didn't exactly climb up.

He took pictures at Arsenal kit. Wenger turned him down because of his mentality and rightly so. Shell of his former self.

Arnie

It's not his.

Hitcher came up with him.

DON"T GIVE HIM CREDIT.
Hasn't Hitcher taken a two week sabbatical from work to play DOTA and watch Netflix?

Lad's got time to sit around thinking up funny shit.

Nathan's got to grill thighs.
One season Liverpool finishing 2nd does't mean anything either. At least Arsenal is consistent.
Arsenal being consistently nothing reminds me of when a maths teacher would try to trick you by saying "what's eight times zero?"

Fucking z e r o

Barzul

Honestly I'll applaud Liverpool if they get 75m+ for Suarez. He's a fucking liability and can't play or train for 4 months. Even if they don't get Sanchez, they can easily meet someone like Griezzman's clause and improve the rest of their team. Defense or example needs major work.

So I plan on starting my first watch of a full Premier League season, only problem is I don't really know who to root for. Any suggestions?

Also, how often should I use the word "cunt". Like after every sentence? After every five words?

Don't support Arsenal, unless you like being on the verge of mental collapse twice a year.

King_Moc

Banned
It's true though, innit. No one actively decides "right this is the club I'm supporting", and if they do, then that isn't a decision born out of love, but out of force. You support the club that you support. It just happens.

This is very true. I'm often asked why I'm a Liverpool fan, and I've got no idea. I just always have been. I don't remember making a decision, and I definitely supported them when I was around 5 or 6 years old, in 1987/88 (yes, they were winning loads, I know). If I picked a team now, it'd be Northampton Town, as that's where I'm from. Picking a premier league team would feel weird and forced.

Honestly I'll applaud Liverpool if they get 75m+ for Suarez. He's a fucking liability and can't play or train for 4 months. Even if they don't get Sanchez, they can easily meet someone like Griezzman's clause and improve the rest of their team. Defense or example needs major work.

Barca are in a panic because they didn't win a trophy for one season

In all honesty I do view arsenal as the mini Barcelona of England, and not in the twats sense bar that Suarez bid last year that was pure twat. So sanchez going there doesn't massively surprise me.

This is very true. I'm often asked why I'm a Liverpool fan, and I've got no idea. I just always have been. I don't remember making a decision, and I definitely supported them when I was around 5 or 6 years old, in 1987/88 (yes, they were winning loads, I know). If I picked a team now, it'd be Northampton Town, as that's where I'm from. Picking a premier league team would feel weird and forced.

I know exactly how I became a Man U fan not being from England!

omgkitty

You won because Madrid wanted a bunch of money to loan him out and we weren't stupid enough to pay it.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder if Arsenal and Liverpool hatred is the same in other corners of the Internet pyramid

I can't imagine there's anywhere where pearlers such as "fucking z e r o" and "top of the league cigarettes" would have been posted. It literally makes me giddy in my spunkgun

dc89

MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 13m
BREAKING: Barcelona have made an initial £72m cash offer for Luis Suarez. More to follow #LFC

No one knows anything, do they?

I wonder if Arsenal and Liverpool hatred is the same in other corners of the Internet pyramid

I can't imagine there's anywhere where pearlers such as "fucking z e r o" and "top of the league cigarettes" would have been posted. It literally makes me giddy in my spunkgun

At the end of the day, Arsenal at least has a few PL titles.

wedward

I had no problem with Liverpool until their fans got so butthurt because their best player begged to come to Arsenal.

This Sanchez saga has got ages to go yet.

What Liverpool should do is agree a fee with Barca, £75m or whatever and then include some kind of lawyered up clause which means Barca can't sell Sanchez to Arsenal until the last day of the window.

Henry is a sly bastard. Do it JWH, do it.

TeddyBoy

You guys and Twitter. Lool.
Just be patient. Celebrate when everything is officially on the club's site/news.

Liverpool fans post dodgy Sanchex to Liverpool links, Arsenal fans post dodgy Sanchez to Arsenal links. Poor JuveGAF gets nothing.

Sister's graduation today. There was audible laughter when someone called Pamela Anderson went up to get her certificate.

Congrats mate, I think you mentioned university of Ulster right?

Arnie

In all honesty I do view arsenal as the mini Barcelona of England, and not in the twats sense bar that Suarez bid last year that was pure twat. So sanchez going there doesn't massively surprise me.
I don't. Barca's fans are fanatical and passionate and full of pinto beans.

If you've ever seen the Emirates match-going lot they're the dryest collection of humans in one encloed space since the Amish community centre discovered kerplunk.

If you've ever seen the Emirates match-going lot they're the dryest collection of humans in one encloed space since the Amish community centre discovered kerplunk.

I know you're just winding them up but Barca's fans are actually pretty Emirates-ish from what I've seen on Sky Sports 3.

I learn so many new words from you Brits. <3

EmiPrime

Nonsense.

wedward

Camp Nou is a library.

L1NETT

Picking a team as an adult is such a weird one

Me being a lowerleagueface would say pick a side you can go to either through convenience or can actually. Obviously a local side helps enormously

But if you are a non UK folk I dunno. I guess watching some games a getting a taste for it is the wisest advice

Wilbz is right, you will probably slip into the side you root for. I would advise against just picking a team now because some billy plonker told you they are the bestest team ever in the whole of fooball ever

Tough one

So are most grounds where the only people who can get it need to have a salary the size of Cheshire

I.e...lots of prem grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom