• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

What else would he do?

Not do any research on the squad he is taking over?
I'm saying its interesting/encouraging that he's already done his homework whilst still having much more immediate concerns ie the world cup. He could've easily waited until he took over before making any decisions. When Moyes took over he decided to give everyone a shot. He wasn't ruthless enough to give sub standard platers the chop and we were left with a bloated squad with too much chaff.

Pennywise

We will reinvest our funds, we will replace Suarez with a player who better fits 4-3-3.

We won't go for Reus or Greizmann, I don't see why Shaqiri is such mad transfer. We've been heavily linked with him for a decent price after he annoyed Bayern.

Aspas will be sold.

Shaqiri is possible.
Bayern is a pain in the ass to deal with though, as long as they don't want to sell him, they're like a sockdoll you're speaking with.

From Sanchez muppetry to Rickie Lambert.

Damn.

That was quick :(

---

Houllier who does some kind of job for FIFA is going to recommend that a 4th sub should be allowed in Extra Time. What do people think about that? My first thought was - good idea.

I'm saying its interesting/encouraging that he's already done his homework whilst still having much more immediate concerns is the world cup.

When Moyes took over he decided to give everyone a shot. He wasn't ruthless enough to give sub standard platers the chop.

I don't think Moyes just wanted to give everyone a shot. I just think the cunt was lazy and didn't bother to research his own squad.

He kept saying "Well I'm told that ____ is good at this ___" like he had never watched them before.

L1NETT

I'm still mourning Buttner

There is no way i'm tuning into Dynamo whatever to watch his brilliance

Hopefully he'll return in some European competition and spank Spurs or some shite outfit

Then I will gloat

Seriously though, he's gonna love Welbeck. Look how he still fuds his chocolate hole into oblivion over Kuyt.

DDG

Rafael - Welbeck - Evans - Shaw

They did come forward at the time, they just got ignored or called fantasists because good old Rolf would never do such a thing.

Shit joke.

The ones in the trials yes, however: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/01/rolf-harris-victims-bravery-dpp

Rolf Harris could potentially face new charges following his conviction for 12 indecent assaults on young women and girls after a series of other alleged victims contacted police and charities, prosecutors have said.

Following the verdict at Southwark crown court in London on Monday a number of other claims were made to police and to the NSPCC children's charity. The latter said it had received 28 calls involving 13 potential new victims during the trial, and had passed the information to police.

Ronnie Corbett's reaction in that link was quite endearing.

Wilbur

Banned
I know you are trying to be funny, but are you really surprised he is doing research on Man U's squad

I'm not surprised, Clegg could have worded it better. What is nice is that he's found the time to decide who he wants and doesn't want, to give the go ahead on two signings and still get to the quarter finals of a World Cup.

meanwhile your manager is throwing pebbles down people's cleavages and snorting to himself when they claw it out and you can see their areola

Jarnet87

I'm saying its interesting/encouraging that he's already done his homework whilst still having much more immediate concerns is the world cup.

When Moyes took over he decided to give everyone a shot. He wasn't ruthless enough to give sub standard platers the chop.

Clueless Moyes, it was an early sign he was out of his league. The fucker gets rid of the entire staff but does nothing with the players lol. There wasn't much to research either.

- lots of attacking talent that isn't being utilized in the best way
- loads of average players that have worn out their welcome
- an absolutely terrible midfield
- a back line filled with quality players made of glass
- De Gea.

wedward

I'm saying its interesting/encouraging that he's already done his homework whilst still having much more immediate concerns ie the world cup. He could've easily waited until he took over before making any decisions. When Moyes took over he decided to give everyone a shot. He wasn't ruthless enough to give sub standard platers the chop and we were left with a bloated squad with too much chaff.

Fair enough. I guess after Moyes anything is encouraging.

Arnie

People thinking Suarez is the most important part of Liverpool's future success are deluded.

Dat battleship

Upgrading its number of cannons

EmiPrime

Is the clock end behind the goal, opposite the away fans? I was behind the goal, about 10 or so in. Atmosphere was nothing special, honestly. Not like what was suggested, just kind of standard. Might just be the size of the stadium. Wembley really struggles to get an atmosphere going too. The worst are fucking Chelsea. I was actually in the Arsenal away end (seems weird, I know, I've got a mate who gets tickets, and I like a drink) when you beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in either 2009 or 2010. Their crowd was hilariously bad.

If you were facing the away fans that would put you in the North Bank. The away fans are in a corner of the Clock End.

Size does have something to do with it, when you are in the upper tiers miles from the pitch it feels a bit awkward singing compared to being in the lowers, where you can be close enough for the players to hear you individually so there are massive swathes of the stadium who just sit there. The atmosphere has gotten better though, in recent years as supporter groups have been greater access to the club.

wedward

I'm not surprised, Clegg could have worded it better. What is nice is that he's found the time to decide who he wants and doesn't want, to give the go ahead on two signings and still get to the quarter finals of a World Cup.

meanwhile your manager is throwing pebbles down people's cleavages and snorting to himself when they claw it out and you can see their areola

Relax pal.

He met with Alexis Sanchez.

K1LLER7

LVG's research was watching youtube videos of Fellaini constantly fail at controling and dribbling with the ball.

Will actually be surprised if he's sold this summer though. Don't see it happening.

wedward

Did they have a picnic on the Copacabana

Yes. They sipped white wine spritzers and ate brie and crackers.

He probably applied tanning lotion to Sanchez's thighs.

Brendan pulled Sanchez's face in real close and asked him what he thought of his teeth. Then asked him if he wanted to take a ride on his dingy.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes. They sipped white wine spritzers and ate brie and crackers.

He probably applied tanning lotion to Sanchez's thighs.

Serious question do you think Wenger has an impressive dick

Who do we think has the biggest cock out of the PL managers

It's big Sam isn't it

Clegg

From everything that's been written about Moyes since his sacking I don't think you can say he was lazy. He was just wholly unprepared to take over a club the size of United. Never mind his poor grasp of tactics. He just didn't know how to react to increased media scrutiny.

That and his telling United players to play like his Everton ones. That was a shocker.

Yen

I suppose I'm dc'ing, but Liverpool signed two Spurs academy players: Lawrence Vigouroux (GK) and Kevin Stewart (CB). Both aged 20, both played under Alex Inglethorpe.

I hope we keep Evra. He's a good presence to have at the club. I thought he was 100% staying at United with the new contract, but now these cunt rumors came up.

wedward

It's big Sam isn't it

Yeah, it's probably big. Doubt he uses it much.

Sam's is tiny but he sticks it into anything that looks appealing.

L1NETT

It's big Sam isn't it

Fat Sam? Nah m8. He's a massive wardrobe of a man with the smallest key.

Bet Poyet has a mighty schlong

Jarnet87

I hope we keep Evra. He's a good presence to have at the club. I thought he was 100% staying at United with the new contract, but now these cunt rumors came up.

The rumors don't make sense. Why accept the 1 year option to stay if he wanted to go. He accepted it post Moyes too. He couldn't of been that delusional in thinking he would be the starting left back this year.

WJD

It's big Sam isn't it
Big Sam's got a baked bean. The Gus Bus is probably quite impressively endowed.

edit: fucking hell Linett
double edit: and KidA

Don't think there is anything in it.

Juve probably just messing with us cos we're taking Vidal off them.

Wilbur

Banned
Where the fuck has this Poyet business come from? This isn't coincidence.

I can't imagine he looks very good naked though. Martinez is probably pretty beautiful when standing in the doorframe, erection in hand.

WJD

Where the fuck has this Poyet business come from? This isn't coincidence.

I can't imagine he looks very good naked though. Martinez is probably pretty beautiful when standing in the doorframe, erection in hand.
Martinez absolutely has to have a noodle.

Feorax

Liverpool gaf, who gets your team the 25+ goals a season you'll be losing now that Suarez is doing one to Barcelona?

Lambert and Borini could get between them 15. You'd expect Lallana and Hendo to net a few each too. Then all depends on who we bring in for the wide areas. I doubt we'll need to score 101 goals to be successful next season though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom