• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Holy shit. Red and white stripes with black shorts.

It's an actual saints kit.

Who cares if we had to make it ourselves to get it

FootballFan

If my calves weren't monstrously impressive I'd wear much tighter jeans, but unfortunately that just isn't the case.

I have the same issue. My friends don't call me quadzilla for nothing.

My tonk calves and thighs can't rock skinny jeans these days. Slim fit is tough too. I want to have a nice life. I hate wearing larger sized stuff just to accomodate them cos it's always too loose at the waist. ;(

Yep lol.

Football gaf indeed.

WJD

Holy shit. Red and white stripes with black shorts.

It's an actual saints kit.

Who cares if we had to make it ourselves to get it

I still maintain that your 12/13 kit is the best you've had in the modern era. Just lovely all round.

Carbonox

ahahahaahah

ahahahahaha

Luuk de Jong's agent thinks he could return to Newcastle

ahahahahha

shiiiiiit ameobi brothers part deux: de jong boogaloo is a go go

I bet you having both in the team will be a Wondertwins moment and Luuk becomes world class with his brother behind him

3Sixty

00plcgJ.jpg

Thus btw was a genuine Cortese design he wanted us to play in this season.

No wonder the cunt was sacked.

sohois

I've returned to England for 2 months on holiday. First day back today, woke up at 5am of course. Caught up with the thread, read the papers, now what do I do?

It's weird not having any work or other shit to do. England sure seems boring in the morning

Veysey reckons Arsenal are weighing up a £30 million bid for Schneiderlin and Lovren.

:lol:lol:lol

1. I can see Arsenal doing a lot of 'weighing up' this summer.

2. Can we assume they value Schneiderlin at £5 million?

fuenf

Calhanoglu for 14m to Leverkusen is official.

If we added £20 million from our own pot and said £100 million for Reus and Hummels would Dortmund go for it?

(I think both players would turn us down, like)

You could buy a majority stake in the club for that kind of money. They still wouldn't go for it, though. Expect Dortmund to become more like Bayern with an "we aren't a selling club attitude", as long as the player doesn't force his way out, it will be extremely difficult to get any Dortmund players in the future.

Do you guys wear tight jeans? Like those indie artists? Totally expect that from British GAF.

Muhaha, way back when England was still in the World Cup, I was watching an England game at a bar, and there was the stereotypical English bloke who kinda looked like a hipster Wilbury. With skinny jeans, bowler hat and a German girlfriend who pretended to be British.

according to Bild, Löw played Grokreutz as RB yesterday. I'd welcome that, but why take out Boateng and not Höwedes? Or Merte for that matter, as his lack of pace will be very dangerous against the French.

Another change was Götze as striker, Özil on the left and Müller on the right. A good development, I'd say. Makes the transition to Klose in the second half much easier (for Götze).

EDIT: Sometimes I do wonder why Bild so often publish the formation before it is officially known. It means they must have good spies, but it bothers me, as the other team can read it ahead of time. Is that the same for oher countries? Are the formations often in a newspaper ahead of time?

Well they got it wrong the last time when they were saying Khedira would start. Starting Großkreutz at RB makes tons of sense against France with Griezmann and Benzema, tho. Boateng for Höwedes would be the logical follow up, but tbh I don't think Höwedes was that much worse then Boateng. I could see why Löw wouldn't want to switch things up even more. Götze as false 9 makes sense, but he needs to get his shit together. I want him to succeed but I'm not sure how much of it is just wishful thinking....

I don't really understand why dropping Unicef is so classless, when it was unnecessarily classy of them to do it in the first place, let alone for how long they did it

Lightning

Banned
Veysey reckons Arsenal are weighing up a £30 million bid for Schneiderlin and Lovren.

:lol:lol:lol

1. I can see Arsenal doing a lot of 'weighing up' this summer.

2. Can we assume they value Schneiderlin at £5 million?
Veysey has about as much knowledge to the goings on at Arsenal that you do. Which is fuck all.

Gambit

Well they got it wrong the last time when they were saying Khedira would start. Starting Großkreutz at RB makes tons of sense against France with Griezmann and Benzema, tho. Boateng for Höwedes would be the logical follow up, but tbh I don't think Höwedes was that much worse then Boateng. I could see why Löw wouldn't want to switch things up even more. Götze as false 9 makes sense, but he needs to get his shit together. I want him to succeed but I'm not sure how much of it is just wishful thinking....

True, they did get it wrong last time. But I wonder if Hummel's illness changed things at the last minute.

I am all for giving Großkreutz his chance, but I wonder if I'd field Boateng next to Hummels as CB. You saw how Algeria basically left Merte alone when he had to build up from behind. They would not have that option against Hummels and Boateng.

Anyway, I'd be happy if Lahm stayed in midfield and Großkreutz came in. And please, please, please let Götze finally get his finger out.

Veysey has about as much knowledge to the goings on at Arsenal that you do. Which is fuck all.

Coincidentally 'fuck all' is also the descriptor I'd use to describe Arsenal's transfer activity.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 2m

Vidal & Sanchez share the same agent, who is trying to sort a big money deal for Vidal to United so Juve can sign Sanchez. [sport]

It's all coming up Moyes. We get Vidal while both Liverpool and Arsenal miss out on Sanchez.

Do it Wooders you genius.

pulga

Banned
It's really a shame what theyve done to their kit, I really believed it was the nicest Barca kit in ages. Hell, I said that when it was revealed.

EwIiFRl.jpg

South London. And by that I mean really far south, pretty much as far away as can be whilst still technically being in London.

I live in Croydon that fits that description of South London and here it's mostly retired people about on weekday mornings and I think the two main activities they do at this time of day is either playing golf or getting pissed in a wetherspoons.

pulga

Banned
Benz and the Pog will make the germans choke on delicious saurkraut today

Hames will stun Brazil

It is known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom