• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If Belgium go out hopefully well get this Fellaini business sorted quick, I want to get the players we want out asap, need to really use that summer tour to gel a coherent team.

bud

fellaineh is absolutely clueless when he actually has to pass it with his feet.

chadli on for hazard? haha. at least hazard tries; chadli does absolutely nothing.

Clegg

I really hope we sell Fellaini.
Think we're looking to get rid. He doesn't suit any kind of game I think LvG will attempt to implement. Not quick enough to press and his distribution is poor so he won't control games either. We'll take a big hit on what we originally paid for him though.

I admitted his work rate declined. I am arguing that I don't think it's because "he couldn't be arsed."

If you don't understand the argument, don't join in.

There were dozens of times per game where he'd literally stand and let the opposition play the ball around him, or his teammates would be pressing all over the place and he'd just be jogging in the middle of nowhere, seemingly with no intention of contributing to a quick break. Yet when it came to bearing down on goal, boom, sudden burst of energy.

Either he was incapable of running properly aside from 10 or so burts per game, or he couldn't be arsed. Some of the phases of play where he'd have won possession with just a 5-yard sprint but instead stood still, and then made a 30-yard sprint a minute later lead me to believe that he just wasn't in a mental state to put 100% in.

pulga

Banned
Wilmots pls, fucking Chadli lol

You would almost think he was a Real Madrid player.

at least Real Madrid players can go deposit their tears into La Decima
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

wedward

There were dozens of times per game where he'd literally stand and let the opposition play the ball around him, or his teammates would be pressing all over the place and he'd just be jogging in the middle of nowhere, seemingly with no intention of contributing to a quick break. Yet when it came to bearing down on goal, boom, sudden burst of energy.

Either he was incapable of running properly aside from 10 or so burts per game, or he couldn't be arsed. Some of the phases of play where he'd have won possession with just a 5-yard sprint but instead stood still, and then made a 30-yard sprint a minute later lead me to believe that he just wasn't in a mental state to put 100% in.

Fair enough. I would assume it's more down to fitness and injuries. It's not like he was playing in meaningless games. They could have won the title. He just doesn't seem like the type of player who isn't going to really go for it in every game. But you could be right.

Jarnet87

Sanchez wants to go to Arsenal because he knows they are going to draw Barcelona in Champions League again. Unfortunately the result never changes.

Too slow, can't believe our defense is trying to play it to our midfield, just hoof it to our 3 big guys upfront. No point making short pass. We'd have a few more chances by now if we just dumped the ball in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom