• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

ibsZM57M5QZdH2.gif

KxybJkk.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
He really is the least graceful player iver seen

Fair enough. I would assume it's more down to fitness and injuries. It's not like he was playing in meaningless games. They could have won the title. He just doesn't seem like the type of player who isn't going to really go for it in every game. But you could be right.

I hope I'm wrong and he just couldn't handle putting in maximum effort all game every game, so had to pick and choose his moments to play with intensity, but it just didn't seem that way to me watching him. Especially in May when he'd had 2 months to get match-fit.

Ah well. Either way it contributed to Atletico keeping their noses in front in the league, which was nice :p

Fellaini is jokes. He's either being a thug and fouling people, or being clumsy and fouling them :p

wedward

I hope I'm wrong and he just couldn't handle putting in maximum effort all game every game, so had to pick and choose his moments to play with intensity, but it just didn't seem that way to me watching him. Especially in May when he'd had 2 months to get match-fit.

Ah well. Either way it contributed to Atletico keeping their noses in front in the league, which was nice :p

Fellaini is jokes. He's either being a thug and fouling people, or being clumsy and fouling them :p

That could be it. It really is incredible how many games he has played. Averaged 55 games a year for the past 7 years.

wedward

Argentina's defence has been so solid.

Have Belgium even had a chance?

It's pretty incredible how sturdy they have been. Going into the tournament everyone was thinking that would be their downfall.

More evidence that a good defense is about more than just individual quality.

Higuian goal felt like it'd lead to a good, chance-filled match

Belgium are terrible. Like Russia, it's all well and good from a results perspective when you play risk-free football (or as close to it as you can) but when it goes wrong you're just left with a shit result and a feeling of 'what would have happened if we'd gone for it?'

Wilbur

Banned
Deserved win by Argentina in the end, Messi quieter in the second but still the best player on the pitch (although I think Garay's been good at this tournament).

Won't miss Belgium. Whoever makes it through to the final out of Argentina/Holland/Costa Rica I'm happy for, hope the winner comes from this side of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom