• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I honestly don't know who anyone could categorize this Argentina performance as 'great'. Match was the very definition of 'eh, okay'.

Looked a bit better than their other games but yeah...average.

They defended very comfortably and did exactly what they needed vs the dark horses(lol).

Hit the cross bar and that godly Courtois killed messi's 1v1 too.

Definitely great compared to barely winning in the last minute vs Iran. :p

Scum

Yep

He should be trying to get a move away from Barca imo

To Liverpool, innit.
Zioey3m.png

Luis Enrique said he will be used in midfield this season.

Busquets is much better than him though so he will probably just be a back up.

That'd still be a better thing to do than sticking him in as a CB. loool

Assuming Holland get the job done I hope we get either Brazil vs Argentina or Holland vs Germany in the final.

Demichelis looked quite decent tonight tbf.

Argentina as a whole still don't look great though.
Demichelis was very solid in the second half of the season. He was making less mistakes than Kompany was.

Zabojnik

They defended very comfortably and did exactly what they needed vs the dark horses(lol).

Hit the cross bar and that godly Courtois killed messi's 1v1 too.

Definitely great compared to barely winning in the last minute vs Iran. :p

Yeah, but you make it sound like they choose to play this way and are capable of so much more. There's been zero indication of that so far. Same could be said about Brazil, Germany and Holland, btw.

Scum

Assuming Holland get the job done I hope we get either Brazil vs Argentina or Holland vs Germany in the final.

Demichelis was very solid in the second half of the season. He was making less mistakes than Kompany was.

I want Brazil v Argentina for the final. Hope it happens. Dat atmosphere!
iISggJuOqoNJ3.png

first game where I was impressed with Argentina. They played like a team that had a wonderful playmaker, instead of playing like they just depended on the wonderful playmaker.

Clegg

But their defending was a shambles as I thought it'd be.
I think that's a problem with the tactics as a whilue. Garay and Demichelis both played well I thought. Strong in the air and generally dealt well with Origi and Lukaku.

Scum

I think that's a problem with the tactics as a whilue. Garay and Demichelis both played well I thought. Strong in the air and generally dealt well with Origi and Lukaku.

Oops. Sorry, Cleff. Left 'not' from my sentence.

Slizz

Belgium fucking suck.

Can't believe Neymar has a fucking broken vertebrae.... I was listening to ESPN radio on the way home last night and their 'resident' doctor finds it hard to believe that happened to him. He seemed to think it might have been a chipped bone(still not great either way) but sounds better than a fucking broken vertebrae.

Elchele

I was laughing out loud when they asked Keller's opinion.

Also, very interesting that Kahn was almost hinting at players asking Löw to change the system.

what did they ask him about?

We should make Keller the next Germany coach.

It's the only way to find out who's worse.

loooooooool

Keller is incredible, how is he still coaching a first division german side? The guy is a fucking genius

Clegg

Many teams won a WC without looking great

I bet on an Argentina-Germany final
I think its fair to say that none of the teams left in the WC have made a convincing case for then to be favourites. They've all looked dodgy at some point this tournament.

Van Buyten just said he will put all his money on a Germany win in a possible Germany-Argentina match.

Van Buyten won't be able to buy mangos anymore.

Gambit

what did they ask him about?

Just what they about Germany's win yesterday. They asked a few coaches from the Bundesliga clubs, the ones Milch named. They didn't really say much at all. "good team effort, mature team now, bla bla"

We should make Keller the next Germany coach.

It's the only way to find out who's worse.

Great idea. Frankly, no coach would be easier atm.

van Buyten's interview just now was awesome. Such a great guy. Very candid opinion.

Long shot, but would anyone be willing to buy £25/£50 of PSN codes for face value, with payment over Paypal? Traded a few games in earlier and it made more sense to get two £25 PSN codes than it did for straight cash

I'll use them eventtually if there are no takers, but worth a go :p

wedward

Hoping for this. Want Messi to beat Brazil all though without Neymar it takes away some of the spectacle.

Want Ozil to beat RVP. If Ozil loses a WC final I fear he may just float off into the abyss.

GQman2121

Banned
Why don't Brazil play Hulk at striker?

Willian---Oscar---Bernard
---------------Hulk-------------

Could that not work moving forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom