• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

Marca; Real's James verdict: A perfect 10.

1404625113_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

Real Madrid rated Rodríguez's efforts a perfect 10. The club was watching him with keen interest and he passed all the tests thrown at him with flying colours. Having demonstrated his 'Galáctico' credentials, the Colombian has become a big hit in the offices at the Bernabéu and Florentino and co. are willing to push the boat out to sign him.

James is that guy. Floren pls.

pappe

If Real are really in for Hames then surely they are not going after Suarez right?

Are they gonna spend almost 150m on 2 players?

Manager

Tons of journalists saying Willy Caballero is done to City, medical tomorrow. £5.5m + add-ons.

Isco is gonna be reunited with his Lord Liege.

Though I doubt Real will sell Isco, City selling Negredo and buying Isco would be the final key to get Pellegrini's perfect squad, then he has 21 fantastic players and Milner (who fix the HG issue). Makes no sense how there's currently four strikers, where only one can play in attacking midfield.

Not much talk about Dzeko's contract this summer, a bit weird.

Zabojnik

According to Tuttosport we're after quite a few interesting youngsters. Rabiot (apparently we have an agreement with the player's entourage, while Inter have one with PSG), Tielemans (Anderlecht), Driussi (River Plate), Barella (Cagliari) and Scuffet (Udinese, the next Buffon ®). I watched the videos on YouTube, all top player material for sure. YouTube is never wrong.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kroos Modric
Bale Rodriguez Ronaldo
Benzema

That would be...interesting.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Tuttosport we're after quite a few interesting youngsters. Rabiot (apparently we have an agreement with the player's entourage, while Inter have one with PSG), Tielemans (Anderlecht), Driussi (River Plate), Barella (Cagliari) and Scuffet (Udinese, the next Buffon ®). I watched the videos on YouTube, all top player material for sure. YouTube is never wrong.

So many midfielders, and two from PSG.

why can't just sell Vidal or Pogba and go all out for Verratti? Or sell them BOTH and get Verratti, I don't even care really.

Scuffet seems like a good prospect but Udinese will bleed us dry again :lol :lOlewlk5j34

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wow Lovren is getting very mouthy over his transfer to Liverpool:

“Liverpool sent the offer and the club haven’t informed me,” he said in an interview with Sportske Novosti, as translated by ESPN.

“Not even about the subsequent Liverpool bids. That wasn’t right. I found out about the bid from other people which disappointed me and I realised I’ve got no business staying at Southampton.

“Liverpool sent a 20 million offer and they [Southampton] paid nine million for me, so they would’ve earned twice the amount.

“At this point, I don’t know what I’ll do and I don’t like it. It was unbelievable that a few days ago I had an offer of 20 million pounds. It was in the morning and by the afternoon the club had said I was not for sale. Frankly, my head is already at Liverpool.”

Wind your neck in, son.

Zabojnik

So many midfielders, and two from PSG.

why can't just sell Vidal or Pogba and go all out for Verratti? Or sell them BOTH and get Verratti, I don't even care really.

Scuffet seems like a good prospect but Udinese will bleed us dry again :lol :lOlewlk5j34

Rabiot is ten times the player Verratti is, m8. FootballFan told me so and I believe him.

Arnie

Oh aye Lovren lad, I want you but be careful.

If I'm honest I'm shit scared of next season. Not completely convinced on any of our signings, even though I recognise why we've made them.

Need to do something mad with the Suarez money. Markovic would be a good start.

If we have £75 million plus the Champions League and we but Ryan Bertrand ill fucking fume.

Just fucking loan Aly Cissokho back. At least he made me giggle.

Manager

Squad is coming together. This is if Javi Garcia is sold and Rodwell is trusted, which have to do to follow HG rules.

j6H6WcvqteFg9.jpg

One player left, potentially two if Yaya or Negredo leaves.

edit
I think City will play like this in tougher CL games and against top-4:
jbeKkBnf07HwJM.jpg

Will be interesting to see what Southampton does. They basically will have half a new team next season with a new manager too.

This would never have happened if they kept Nigel Adkins.

Zabojnik

it is, isn't it? We're giving away a king for a peasant.

but Verratti is Italian and he looks like Madonna. You can't compete with that.

but seriously how good is Rabiot? I don't know. I'm familiar with his name so he must be good? :p

I've no idea. People say he's good and I believe them. They're even more excited about Tielemans on our forums, but he'll be much harder to get. Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal are after him as well.

I really don't get why conte loves nani

If he really did, we wouldn't be willing to shell out 20M€+ for Iturbe. Or still trying for Sanchez. Media bullshit, although it wouldn't surprise me if we actually did sign him in the end, when he's the only realistic target left. Classic Juve.

Ostinatto

it is, isn't it? We're giving away a king for a peasant.

but Verratti is Italian and he looks like Madonna. You can't compete with that.

but seriously how good is Rabiot? I don't know. I'm familiar with his name so he must be good? :p

I'm super glad for Arturo, the guy came from a extremly poor family, and his dad left him when he was 5, and now he drives a Lamborghini Gallardo xD

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm super glad for Arturo, the guy came from a extremly poor family, and his dad left him when he was 5, and now he drives a Lamborghini Gallardo xD
and now he's genuinely the unofficial king of Torino, people bow down to him and hug him on the streets.

If he really *wants* to go to United then I wish nothing but the best for him and his little family

1166450-le-footballeur-arturo-vidal-se-baigne-950x0-2.jpg

I've no idea. People say he's

I don't trust people.

I do trust Youtube though! So let's see hmmm

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United Gaf, if LvG plays a solo forward, which will be Van Persie, who would you prefer as a no.10, Rooney or Mata?

LegoArmo

United Gaf, if LvG plays a solo forward, which will be Van Persie, who would you prefer as a no.10, Rooney or Mata?

I don't think that's even a question. The sexy Spaniard of course.

Rooney will find a place in the line up though. 3-5-2 or something. I don't think United are going to bother with actual wingers.

Arnie

I still remember 3Sixty's first few posts in this community.

He attacked Liverpool and I responded by telling him i hoped Southampton were relegated.

Now I quite like.

And I don't want I keep sheering away his best assets like I'm carving a slab of doner. Not because I like him but because I don't think they're Champions League quality.

No offense m8

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I don't think that's even a question. The sexy Spaniard of course.

Rooney will find a place in the line up though. 3-5-2 or something.

Rooney always finds his way into the lineup, but hopefully he can focus on his position instead of drift all over the place, it does nothing to help the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom