• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Br2o2nSIMAASQSs.jpg

*smh*

LTWheels

If I'm honest I'm shit scared of next season. Not completely convinced on any of our signings, even though I recognise why we've made them.

Need to do something mad with the Suarez money. Markovic would be a good start.

If we have £75 million plus the Champions League and we but Ryan Bertrand ill fucking fume.

Yeah, so far I feel our signings have been to give us better depth. None of them are a significant step up, but I would be happy with them starting. At least it means that if a player is injured/out of form, I am more than confident of our new signings being able to step in and play just as well.

Hopefully we will get something like Markovic.

I don't mind Bertrand for £6m if he is to be our back-up left back. Sell Enrique, buy Bertrand + a starting left back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

"I've made a huge mistake"

Yeah, so far I feel our signings have been to give us better depth. None of them are a significant step up, but I would be happy with them starting. At least it means that if a player is injured/out of form, I am more than confident of our new signings being able to step in and play just as well.

That sounds exactly like Spurs last summer. What you've done better though is buy some players with PL experience. Lallana and Lambert will settle in straight away and be able to handle the pace. Whereas people like Chadli and Soldado still can't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm rocking the Natalie Dormer haircut

I think I'm pulling it off, which pretty much means I'm not.

Alternative Formation suggestion from...reddit

-------------------- De Gea --------------------
Rafael -------- Evans ------ Jones/CB ------ Shaw
------------- Herrera ---- Vidal/CM ------------
---------------------- Mata ---------------------
Januzaj/RM ------------------------------ Rooney
---------------------- RVP ----------------------

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't believe Meier and his wife don't have dinner together.

I'm sad now.
It's better.

Never had a family dinner in my life.

Mostly because everyone wanted to eat whenever THEY wanted to eat, better that way really. What if I'm not hungry come lunch/dinner? EH? Hipster relationships

L1NETT

Remember when we paid 15m for Phil Jones?

And he was supposed to save our midfield :(

No he wasn't. Big fat porky that is

He was a centre half who has been turned into a sub par midfielder

I still think he's a damn good centre half, still remember him neutering Drogba for Rovers. Not many did that

Wilbur

Banned
Fucking hell :lol. That Naughton quote I posted yesterday was from an old FourFourTwo interview. Here's two more:

James Milner, Jan 2005: "My favourite TV shows are Friends and The Office. I enjoy comedies. I like laughing - it's a laugh, isn't it?"

Freddie Sears, Oct 2008: "Tell you something you don't know? My first name is Frederick. Actually, that's pretty obvious isn't it?"

FootballFan

Fucking hell :lol. That Naughton quote I posted yesterday was from an old FourFourTwo interview. Here's two more:

James Milner, Jan 2005: "My favourite TV shows are Friends and The Office. I enjoy comedies. I like laughing - it's a laugh, isn't it?"

Freddie Sears, Oct 2008: "Tell you something you don't know? My first name is Frederick. Actually, that's pretty obvious isn't it?"

Hahaha they're great. That naughton one was amazing.

You don't have to do it every single day.

And Meier mentioned that they didn't eat the same stuff.

Which I suppose is fair enough.

I dunno. I'm just sad.

tri_willy

so suarez to get his ban reduced by 5 games and by a month aye???

looks like a deal with barcelona has been done, fucking fifa scum

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"I'll just hold it as low as I possibly can, maybe no one will notice"
You don't have to do it every single day.

And Meier mentioned that they didn't eat the same stuff.

Which I suppose is fair enough.

I dunno. I'm just sad.

u're just spoiled by your family-driven Muslim ways Viva

this is how it is in the wild wild west of Texas baby. Everyone is out on his own

eat or be eaten (or in his wife's veggie ways 'run for your life')

Linius

Hmm, seeing Nas performing Illmatic tomorrow. Semis on tuesday and wednesday. Only four days of work before my 3,5 weeks vacation. Next week is looking gooood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom