• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Late night would be cool, Im off to walk around town for a bit bae

go cool off
Uus4Plt.png

We don't really have a calm head to play alongside a more instinctive partner. Agger would normally fill that role, but he's displayed some weaknesses over the last 2 seasons which make me uncomfortable having him as first choice

The LazarQuest begins

I've honestly tried to keep myself distanced from Newcastle transfer rumours, I'm honestly done after the past couple of seasons. It's nice actually, Siem was a nice surprise. We need a good few players though.

Although saying that, the one change we need to make is a new chairman. Without that happening soon I really fear for us.

Wait, you signed Siem De Jong?!! I completely missed that one.

Newcastle is such a strange club.

sohois

Really? I think Lallana is the most important signing out of the three. Gives us so much depth and versatility that we've been missing forever.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up til now, but we shouldn't forget that wages are by far the largest expense when it comes to signings.

Lallana and Shaw look similar values on paper, but reported wage figures put Shaw's actual cost at more than double Lallana. £100k a week contract is £26million over 5 years, not including signing on fees, agent fees, appearance bonuses, end of season bonuses, competition bonuses, etc.

That was jokes. He's doing a good job at Stoke though to be fair to him.

I wonder if Villa fans would prefer that they got him then now. Though I suppose he wouldn't be doing much better with the spending restrictions Villa face.

Wait, you signed Siem De Jong?!! I completely missed that one.

Newcastle is such a strange club.

We did, he was rumoured quite heavily last summer. There were quiet rumblings but it kinda came out of nowhere.

Yes we are, a true circus. We're close to another tipping point though, I fear this is the season where things go into full circus like they did when we forced Keegan out.

It was Lovren's birthday yesterday, maybe Koeman just didn't get him a cake :p

SHOGUN NO

You need a stasis-chamber bruv, we'll let you out on September 1st :D

Guanzhou EG - Hamburger SV 6:2 (2:1)

loooooooooool

I don't blame HSV for losing. Lippi has made them into an incredible Asian team.

They destroyed Cerezo Osaka that had 2 JP internationals, Forlan, and the J League's young player of the year. Then again, Osaka basically had their own Moyes.

:lol at Kacar though. He was part of the Cerezo Osaka team that was destroyed in the AFC CL, and now he's back with HSV and was destroyed again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is still funny

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini "Kyle Lafferty is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan. He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails.”

tumblr_n8alqziXJg1text1lo1_500.jpg

Arnie

Di Marzio is saying we will meet again with Sanchez's agents over the next 48 hours.

He is also saying we have bid for Markovic.
This is a decent development but I'm honestly resigned to not getting Sanchez. Really like Markovic, want I wrapped up soon to cure the Suarez heartbreak.

Regarding the Pulga versus Nathan bollocks, what a stupid argument. Firstly I understand Pulga's point in that just saying a ridiculous fee to prove the kernel of an idea is worthless if everyone knows United wouldn't actually pay that figure (100m).

However didn't we establish that Juve would probably sell for £60 million, and that United could pay it? Meaning Nathan's point about Marotta going over Conte's head some actual merit?

Either way, for the self-proclaimed genius that you are, Pulga, with your mind-bank of six languages and all that meaningful shit you've knocked out at the age of 25, I'm constantly baffled by the sheer number of idiotic cul-de-sacs you argue your way into.

Lastly, Viva's had some gems these last few pages. Waking up from a nap and reading through it as one scrolling entity really hammers that home. Go back and savour them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom