• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

To be fair, Arnie didn't say Rodgers wasn't a massive cunt
The only time I would say that is under severe water-boarding duress.

Time to whack a Chicago Town in the oven and go the shop for a coke. That's what evenings are made for.

Shame Frost/Nixon isn't on Netflix. Really up for watching it.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

In Denmark that's a toy store
http://www.br.dk/

koc6urC.gif

Wilbur

Banned

Time to whack a Chicago Town in the oven and go the shop for a coke. That's what evenings are made for.

Good film that. Michael sheen's decent in everything isn't he

Even made that dross twilight film he was in semi watchable for ten minutes

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OH BABY OH BABY OH BABY

The Codacons has filed a law suit against Luis Suarez for “assault” when biting Giorgio Chiellini.

The news was confirmed by the courts in Rome, where the Codacons – a collection of unions set up to protect the rights of consumers – lodged the paperwork.

“Now we are waiting to see what the courts decide,” explained Codacons President Carlo Rienzi to Sport Mediaset.

“If they recognise, as we suggested, a potential crime in Suarez’s behaviour, then they can analyse the video and photographic evidence.”

The Italian law does allow for a trial into events that occurred overseas if the victim was an Italian citizen.

Chiellini and the Italian Football Federation have played no part in this legal action, as it was put forward solely by the Codacons.
they're wind up merchants but I think they could pull this one off
To be fair, Arnie didn't say Rodgers wasn't a massive cunt

But can you pause dur...

oh wait that was another stupid argument :p

jtb

Banned

don't bother with Frost Nixon. typical Ron Howard safe boring garbage.

Arnie

don't bother with Frost Nixon. typical Ron Howard safe boring garbage.
I wish I could take this advice; I've had it in my head to watch it for a while now and it's proving difficult to track down (primarily because it isn't on Netflix).

But alas, Jed, you're the ringleader of the hipster taste club and for that reason I'm not entirely deterred.

Thanks for the analysis, Phillip.

Di Maria is out of both the World Cup and REAL MADRID.
I still don't believe that they're going to sell him.

hello randy

Yeah, he's out. I would say Holland are gonna win, but no ndj to mark GOAT
I'm not sure. Blind is going to mark Messi I suppose. I think they will try to deploy the exact same tactics as they did against Chile basically.

Purely on a style's make fights basis, I would back Robben to destroy Argentina and Germany's defence should they leave space in behind.

Frost Nixon was pretty good IMO, I enjoyed it as a bit of history/politiks buff.

But I didn't sit there analysing the lighting or with the director's catalogue of work in mind.

I had a free evening and a tub of ice cream. It made sense.

cremino

Few days ago I discovered that Italy is still paying 60 milions € every year for the costs of the 1990 WC, this fucking country!!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can we talk about how good Ruud was? That goal vs Fulham when he dribbled from the halfway line <3
a good penalty taker

one of the main reasons why United failed to win the league for four seasons

a one-dimensional Chicharito, without the looks.

nice last name.

Tap-in merchant

a good penalty taker

What the lol

What's wrong with scoring tap ins? It takes skill to even get into that position in the first place. Being a Chelsea fan I'd love to have someone like him who at least finishes chances and presses forward as much as possible, you know, like a fucking striker should

jtb

Banned
I wish I could take this advice; I've had it in my head to watch it for a while now and it's proving difficult to track down (primarily because it isn't on Netflix).

But alas, Jed, you're the ringleader of the hipster taste club and for that reason I'm not entirely deterred.

if you're watching it as a historical film, it's your usual Hollywood-ization bastardized version of history where anything and everything that actually happened has to be thrown away in favor of a schlocky, generic arc that we've seen before.

have you seen the Ghost Writer? now there's a damn good film, really great, mildly political, thriller. it was on Netflix not too long ago—don't know if it still is.

Arnie

Yurt is so bang on about RVN.

Nout about him. Just beat an offside trap every now and then and knew how to take a mundanely consistent penalty.

Fucking goofy looking blert.

Tap-in merchant

I was at that game. Brilliant.

a good penalty taker

Yurt is so bang on about RVN.

Nout about him. Just beat an offside trap every now and then and new how to take a mundanely consistent penalty.

Fucking goofy looking blert.

ibfDmKt1nff3XF.gif

iqovOAHYQ4fR.gif

You wastecadets are lucky I can't find any .gifs of that Charlton chest and volley.

What the lol

What's wrong with scoring tap ins? It takes skill to even get into that position in the first place. Being a Chelsea fan I'd love to have someone like him who at least finishes chances and presses forward as much as possible, you know, like a fucking striker should

Lampard only ever scored penalties and deflected mis-hits as well
dPrJaGc.png

Arnie

Saw 40 minutes of Ghost Writer whilst pre-drinking to head on a night out.

Was quite good, I wanted to keep watching it but my friends argued that FIFA was better in the context of the evening.

Democracy won.

Ewan McGregor is a bellend.

Mohamed Moallim &#8207;@iammoallim 19s
Alfred Schreuder, mgr Twente, confirms Dušan Tadi&#263; is Southampton-bound: transfer (approx €12M) should be completed next week. [rtv oost]

Reckon I might stick him in the Fantasy team.

Mastadon

Banned
Alfred Schreuder, mgr Twente, confirms Dušan Tadi&#263; is Southampton-bound: transfer (approx €12M) should be completed next week. [rtv oost]

Yep. Might consider Pelle if he comes too.

That is a great transfer. Tadic is one heck of a player.

3Sixty

:D :D :D

Still worried we might get gazumped but very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom