• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Wait, you guys think Ruud was rubbish?

Fuck FootyGAF.

x1D1jTx.png

sohois

Can you please share your spreadsheet with me?

I have dropbox.

Assuming you're not joking, I'm merely an interested observer of stats analysis rather than someone who does any of the work himself.

My view of Pelle comes from this article from 11tegen11 (a good stats blog mostly focused on dutch football): http://11tegen11.net/2014/01/15/how-to-scout-goal-scoring-talent/

Here's the relevant part:
Top-scorers-plot-Eredivisie-2013-14-546x1024.png

The graph is showing expected goals versus actual goals scored. As you can see, Pelle is one of the worst at converting his chances, his red bar indicates he is more than 2 standard deviations from the mean. He got a lot of goals for Feyenoord because they created so many good chances for him, he is very poor at actually putting them away.

Now, of course a striker does a lot of work creating chances as well, so it may be that Pelle is very good at making shooting opportunities for himself, but given his poor records at previous clubs, it is likely that his good goalscoring is mostly down to Feyenoord, not Pelle.

Linius

Assuming you're not joking, I'm merely an interested observer of stats analysis rather than someone who does any of the work himself.

My view of Pelle comes from this article from 11tegen11 (a good stats blog mostly focused on dutch football): http://11tegen11.net/2014/01/15/how-to-scout-goal-scoring-talent/

The graph is showing expected goals versus actual goals scored. As you can see, Pelle is one of the worst at converting his chances, his red bar indicates he is more than 2 standard deviations from the mean. He got a lot of goals for Feyenoord because they created so many good chances for him, he is very poor at actually putting them away.

Now, of course a striker does a lot of work creating chances as well, so it may be that Pelle is very good at making shooting opportunities for himself, but given his poor records at previous clubs, it is likely that his good goalscoring is mostly down to Feyenoord, not Pelle.

Pelle carried this Feyenoord team. There's a reason he wanted to break down the stadium after his team gave away a win again :p

3Sixty

Wait.

So Steve De Ridder is better than Pelle.

Can we just buy him back.

K1LLER7

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 3m
Di Marzio reporting that Arturo Vidal is tempted by Manchester United, but that there are no negotiations at this time between Juve and MUFC

Nows the time Woody. DO IT!

Blablurn

Achtung Bundesliga! debutantes SC Paderborn laced up their scoring shoes today, winning 26-1 over...SF Oesterholz-Kohlstädt in a friendly.

http://11tegen11.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Top-scorers-plot-Eredivisie-2013-14-546x1024.png[/IMG

Now, of course a striker does a lot of work creating chances as well, so it may be that Pelle is very good at making shooting opportunities for himself, but given his poor records at previous clubs, it is likely that his good goalscoring is mostly down to Feyenoord, not Pelle.[/QUOTE]

How are expected goals calculated?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
van nistelrooij developed into a pretty decent footballer at madrid, yurt.
Exactly.
Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 3m
Di Marzio reporting that Arturo Vidal is tempted by Manchester United, but that there are no negotiations at this time between Juve and MUFC

Nows the time Woody. DO IT!

Allow me to piss on your fire

Gianluca Di Marzio @DiMarzio · 45s
English: @ManUtd and @juventusfc talked about @kingarturo23: Juve didnt open to a deal, no more contacts in the future days. Situation now.

proper translation: United talked about Vidal. Juve not open for a deal. No contact in the future.

Have a nice day.

K1LLER7

Exactly.

Allow me to piss on your fire

Gianluca Di Marzio @DiMarzio · 45s
English: @ManUtd and @juventusfc talked about @kingarturo23: Juve didnt open to a deal, no more contacts in the future days. Situation now.

proper translation: United talked about Vidal. Juve not open for a deal. No contact in the future.

Have a nice day.
42m + Nani.

You'll take it!
:*(

Would rather we move on to somebody else. De Jong pls.

Spoken to me source re:- Vidal, this is what he e-mailed back with.

Thoughts of the market, Arturo Vidal is tempting to Manchester United. The Chilean midfielder really like the English club, which has requested information from Juventus perlustrativi talks between the companies, but no negotiations in progress. According to the information we have, in fact, is not no offer of 50 million plus Nani, as reported by many in the last hour. At least at the moment, in fact, Juve has no intention of giving Vidal. No opening to do so. The Manchester collects and reasoning, Vidal meanwhile remains a goal. Despite the willingness of Juventus to restrain him.

He's not an average striker. He is the worst striker I have seen in over a decade.

confuziz pls

have you seen Sigthorsson?

Also Piazon was good for half a season then ass for the other half, Finnbogason has nice efficiency but (literally) can't score headers and is an extremely one-sided striker. That graph is nice and all but it doesn't tell the full story, Pelle did more than just score.

But what did Clive Sainsbury say

:lol

The new face of irrelevant twatters

I'm so desperate for the Sanch, I could even live with Vidal moving to Man Utd if that happened as well

yes, I know that if Vidal moved to Man Utd, we'd become even less likely to get Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom